Pre-order a game in store that comes out before December and get a $5 online coupon

If it's anything like the $10 coupons that couldn't be stacked with anything, most people aren't going to jump on this.

Edit: Exploit: Preorder game in store, use code, switch pre-order to something else. Lot of leg work though, unless you can get them to place multiple games on different receipts in 1 visit. (Like 5 pre-orders on different receipts in 1 visit, then switch them at a later date)

Thanks, I totally didnt see this. I preordered Fallout New Vegas last week because I had GS credit and sure enough, there is a $5 off online code on my receipt. Cashier never even said anything about it?!!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']If it's anything like the $10 coupons that couldn't be stacked with anything, most people aren't going to jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I would easily jump on this if it were a $20 non-stackable coupon. Depending on the game, I might jump if it were a $10 non-stackable coupon. But $5 is just worthless.

Yeah, these codes aren't much to celebrate, guys. For one thing, if they're the same as every other GS one time use coupon code, they can't be combined with anything else. Not only that, but your order has to be $29.99 or more. Doing some math, you'll find that (assuming you want used items), that while the $5 off is... $5 off, CAG16 grants you $4.80 off a $30 used item, and more if the item is pricier. I guess it's all right if you're looking to get a new handheld game for $5 off, or think you can convince Customer Service to apply it to an existing order or something, but otherwise this is lackluster.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yeah, these codes aren't much to celebrate, guys. For one thing, if they're the same as every other GS one time use coupon code, they can't be combined with anything else. Not only that, but your order has to be $29.99 or more. Doing some math, you'll find that (assuming you want used items), that while the $5 off is... $5 off, CAG16 grants you $4.80 off a $30 used item, and more if the item is pricier. I guess it's all right if you're looking to get a new handheld game for $5 off, or think you can convince Customer Service to apply it to an existing order or something, but otherwise this is lackluster.[/QUOTE]But this can be used on any item I believe as opposed to having to be used. I didn't post this because I thought it was deal of the year. I only posted it because I thought it would be good for people planning to pre-order anyway :bouncy:

wtf is with these $5 coupons? Walmart offered one for NBA2K11. They are a joke... Amazon offers $5 off retail on most games as it is (especially if u can get it in your gold box) and they give GCs. A $5 coupon is about as useless as Gamestop is as a company.

Gamestop is feeling the crunch. Amazon and others are puttin a dent into there armour. They have to do better then again they always have there mighty but 2 get 1 free

Eh codes expire end of November. I'm planning to preorder Patapon 3 soon, but it's going to be my last game pickup of the year, so it doesn't do me any good.

It is essentially a $5 off $30 code that can't be stacked with anything except maybe SAVER.

I might do it since I'm gonna preorder Naruto Shippuden: Naruto vs Sasuke (DS) that comes with a free cap.

This was already posted pages and pages ago in the gamestop deals thread. it's been going on for a while. You get a code for each preorder or preorder payment in the transaction.

Don't you love how the webpage shows a picture of cataclysm, but it doesn't count to GET the coupon (it comes out in dec, not before). And you can't use the coupon to pay for it (I don't think?) since the coupon expires at the end of november. lol?

bread's done
Back