Pre-Order Diablo III (Release Date 05/15/12)

[quote name='heybtbm']Obligatory...

Full retail...WHAT A DEAL![/QUOTE]

It kinda feels like a deal when you've been waiting 12 years for it!

More so still when you think of how many hours of life it will suck happily away. I can't wait!

[quote name='heybtbm']Obligatory...

Full retail...WHAT A DEAL![/QUOTE]

Normally I'd agree with that statement...

BUT IT'S DIABLO MOTHERfuckING THREE!!

Are they going to support $0.99 First Day delivery, or do they not do that anymore?
Sorry for the rudamentary question, it's been awhile since I ordered a launch game on Amazon.

[quote name='ThomasTruong']Are they going to support $0.99 First Day delivery, or do they not do that anymore?
Sorry for the rudamentary question, it's been awhile since I ordered a launch game on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Most likely, yes. I am a Prime member and I believe get free release day delivery - either way, all the blockbuster games I've preordered over the past year have shown up on my doorstep on release day. If it doesn't, and you paid for it - credits come your way from Amazon. They handle it pretty well.

Though I'm psyched for this, the post is unnecessary b/c it's not a deal. Sorry to be "that guy", but this forum is for deals.

Sucks I don't have a gaming PC and my old shitty laptop won't run it. Played the ass out of Diablo 2 so many years ago.

Since it's not a deal.......
matt_Avatar.JPG

[quote name='$hady']Sucks I don't have a gaming PC and my old shitty laptop won't run it. Played the ass out of Diablo 2 so many years ago.[/QUOTE]I always thought that Blizzard good about keeping their system requirements fairly low. Have they released the system requirements yet?

Edit: Here they are. 10+ years later they're a bit of a jump from Diablo II's requirements.

Went ahead and preordered at Amazon, thanks OP.

I have a preorder for the regular edition at Gamestop, although you can't preorder the collectors edition there for some reason. Probably will cancel that soon.

[quote name='Thrinn']I always thought that Blizzard good about keeping their system requirements fairly low. Have they released the system requirements yet?

Edit: Here they are. 10+ years later they're a bit of a jump from Diablo II's requirements.[/QUOTE]

Why the heck does it need a 2.8 GHZ min processor? Are they kidding? It looks like a 10 year old game from all the pictures I've seen which is fine, I get it that it's close to the original two games, but still 2.8 GHZ? Really?!?

[quote name='Motoki']Why the heck does it need a 2.8 GHZ min processor? Are they kidding? It looks like a 10 year old game from all the pictures I've seen which is fine, I get it that it's close to the original two games, but still 2.8 GHZ? Really?!?[/QUOTE]

That's for AMD users, sir.

[quote name='Motoki']Why the heck does it need a 2.8 GHZ min processor? Are they kidding? It looks like a 10 year old game from all the pictures I've seen which is fine, I get it that it's close to the original two games, but still 2.8 GHZ? Really?!?[/QUOTE]
Except that's a Intel Pentium D/Athlon 64 X2 4400.

[quote name='mossfan563']I highly doubt it's going to be May 15th when it comes out. The release date will change on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This date is also on the official site for the game, it's not a placeholder date by Amazon.

[quote name='mossfan563']I highly doubt it's going to be May 15th when it comes out. The release date will change on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The date is actually confirmed--if you purchase from Blizzard, you can actually start pre-loading the game now.

[quote name='lilboo']Getting it for free from my WoW deal. Hooray! Just in time too because Im getting bored of WoW -_-[/QUOTE]Hopefully the math behind that deal ends up working out in your favor when all is said and done.

Why is this in the deals thread? I am pretty sure people are going to be aware that a huge commercial release is coming out.

[quote name='terb73']Why is this in the deals thread? I am pretty sure people are going to be aware that a huge commercial release is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Because it is, it has a release date and the CE is available to buy again.

But what part -- and maybe I misunderstand the point of the 'Video Game Deals' forum -- about it is a 'deal?' I see preorders at the same old regular bloated price for both the regular and CE editions.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Cataclysm and SC 2 had way too many CE's produced, I am not holding my breath that D3 will get an actual limited run.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still see them at Fred Meyers and Walmart all the time.
Just letting folks know they don't have to worry about Gamestop since I just went there during my lunch and was going to use up some credit.

I instead opted for Amazon's .99 release date shipping which they just updated the option for. But it's more of a impatience thing for me where I want to be able to play it right away when I get home on Tuesday the 15th.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Cataclysm and SC 2 had way too many CE's produced, I am not holding my breath that D3 will get an actual limited run.[/QUOTE]

good point

[quote name='terb73']Why is this in the deals thread? I am pretty sure people are going to be aware that a huge commercial release is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Because it's Diablo 3. Those other games aren't Diablo 3.

Good point... although I wasn't able to nab a complete SC2 CE at my personal buy price... decisions, decisions...

The $0.99 release day shipping was still available for me.

I asked at Gamestop and they said they stopped taking preorders for the CE. Amazon limits it to one per customer. Maybe this will end up being limited. I'm just excited that they finally released a street date...though I'm no confident it won't be pushed back again.

Some people are saying when they ordered back in October for the Collector's Edition on Amazon they were listed at $79.99 and their accounts are still saying that. Anyone confirm?

bread's done
Back