Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decide which I should buy the game for: ps3 or psvita. Looks like the majority is doing ps3. Anyone going for the vita?
Here's the thing: the game is actually better on the Vita. Yes, it some slowdown does exist; but it's never game-breaking. The game was designed for the Vita from the ground-up, but then brought to the PS3 to provide a larger install base; and, because of this, the Vita version does offer two features that make it the superior version: 1) portability; and 2) the touch screen.

To elaborate on #2 from above: the game uses a pointer interface--much like a mouse on a PC--to direct your full-time NPC follower to do things like open chests and unlock doors. Also, the pointer is used to discover loot that's "hidden" in the environment. Doing said actions with a controller is terribly cumbersome; but doing said actions with the Vita's touch screen is a breeze.

I was in the same boat as you, and ultimately decided on the Vita version. So glad I did.

Oh, and one more thing: the game looks GORGEOUS on dat OLED :)

Something odd happened when I picked this up yesterday. When I picked it up along with Tales, I paid using debit. When I pay using debit clerks rarely if ever ask to see your ID. Only when using credit. So I paid for the games and as I was walking out, the guy called me back over. He looked hung over. He apologized but said "I totally forgot, but can I see your ID real quick? I can't believe I just did that." I said uhhh... ok. I have a full beard and I look my age if not older which is late 20's, so I doubt it had anything to do with maturity level of the game, which I think is Teen anyway. Maybe it was related to the card, but again I used debit. He took my ID and started typing stuff in on the computer, then got frustrated and said something like "Screw it... probably going to get fired for this... sigh..." and handed it back to me.

I was like "Ok.... hope the rest of your day is better, bro. Have a good one" and left. I just found it odd.
Unless something changed in the last two years it's actually against company policy to ask for ID on a debit transaction, even most credit transactions unless the register prompts, and you could be reprimanded if a manager really felt like it. He was probably confused and thought it was an M rated and the register just hadn't updated to prompt him yet or something. Not checking an ID on an M rated game was something you could get fired over if it happened with a mystery shopper or the people that go into these stores and check that it's being done since it costs the store something like $2500 if they get caught not doing it.

Here's the thing: the game is actually better on the Vita. Yes, it some slowdown does exist; but it's never game-breaking. The game was designed for the Vita from the ground-up, but then brought to the PS3 to provide a larger install base; and, because of this, the Vita version does offer two features that make it the superior version: 1) portability; and 2) the touch screen.

To elaborate on #2 from above: the game uses a pointer interface--much like a mouse on a PC--to direct your full-time NPC follower to do things like open chests and unlock doors. Also, the pointer is used to discover loot that's "hidden" in the environment. Doing said actions with a controller is terribly cumbersome; but doing said actions with the Vita's touch screen is a breeze.

I was in the same boat as you, and ultimately decided on the Vita version. So glad I did.

Cool. Both versions seem to have their pluses and minuses. I guess it's kinda like rayman origins then with the touch controls making it easier/more fun.

i was thinking that the vita version will go on sale faster due to smaller install base so i went for PS3. I've been tempted yesterday and today to run to the store for the vita version while the ps3 version is shipping. If I love the ps3 version and still want to play it more after the platinum then i'll get the vita version too.

This would be a perfect example of where the WiiU would shine. You could enjoy the lag free big screen experience on your TV but then have your gamepad to do all the touch stuff. It would have been cool if they built in this type of functionality on the Vita and I hope developers do more of this type stuff with PS4 games.

Was up all night playing this and drinking heavily at a friend's last night. I was not expecting the game to be this fun honestly. It may have just put my dreams of finishing Xillia before FFXIV beta on hold :<

I am jealous of everyone who has been playing this.

I had work all day up in the city and then night class right after. I was gone from 7am-11pm and couldn't even pick it up! : /

Now I am back at work and can't get my hands on this game until after 6pm. Which then I have a midterm due tomorrow so I will still have no time to play it!

UGH!

#firstworldproblems hahah

I am jealous of everyone who has been playing this.

I had work all day up in the city and then night class right after. I was gone from 7am-11pm and couldn't even pick it up! : /

Now I am back at work and can't get my hands on this game until after 6pm. Which then I have a midterm due tomorrow so I will still have no time to play it!

UGH!

#firstworldproblems hahah
And then you have to play it a bunch before you can go online!

Just got my vita and ps3 pre-ordered copies from best buy, no art book for either of them. Shooting off an email to Atlus and will post in the best buy forums.

Yeah, this game has officially reclogged my backlog. I was making good progress with 3 platinums in a week....stayed up till 6am playing this (and I had to wake up at 9)

Awesome. I actually decided to go with the vita copy and ordered from amazon. So hopefully it does come with the artbook. I do like portability. And touch screen does sound convenient.

Yeah, this game has officially reclogged my backlog. I was making good progress with 3 platinums in a week....stayed up till 6am playing this (and I had to wake up at 9)
Yeah, I actually managed to set it down after around 3 hours to work on finishing Tomb Raider.

to anyone that preordered Dragons Crown from best buy and did not get an artbook. A BB community rep responded on their forums

As you may have noticed, I’ve moved all the separate posts regarding this issue into this one post for simplicity’s sake as everyone here is experiencing the same issue and to be able to provide one answer.

I definitely want to apologize for the disappointment that this situation has caused those of you who pre-ordered Dragon’s Crown with the expectation that you were to receive the art book. Please know that it is never our intention to provide incorrect information to our customers that will influence their buying decisions. As I understood it, we were participating in the art book promotion with Atlas for pre-orders of Dragon’s Crown.

As of right now, the information that I have been given is that we did not receive any art books to go with our pre-orders. We are currently working with Atlus to see what we can do to remedy this situation. As I get more information, I will either post it here or communicate with you individually via Private Message.

We know that there are a number of places that you can pre-order your games and we appreciate your support of Best Buy. I also appreciate your patience while we dive deeper into this and please let me know if you have any questions. I’ll do my best to answer them as I can.

Received my PS3 copy from Newegg. No artbook included. Next time Atlus should just say which damn retailers have the book instead of saying 'participating retailers'. >.<

Same here. It's been in this status since Sunday. Amazon just keeps getting slower and slower on FSS.
a lot of times amazon will be slow with FSS to send it, but once it's sent they sometimes send it 1 day overnight. It feels like it's slow because you're waiting for it to be shipped, but it's the same speed as it would be if they shipped it a few days earlier with 3-4 day shipping speed.

Strange that all you FSS are complaining about the shipping, you are not paying for it so quit crying. It's going to sit in your backlog anyway,  Btw, mine was FSS and came today :D Looks like people are flipping the artbook already as well on eBay.

&amp;nbsp; worst case scenario, if bestbuy does not get any more artbook. you would be compensated with a $10-$20 gift card.
Its funny because a BB Rep in their forums assured people that BB would be getting the artbook, but their product pages on their website never mentioned anything about it; and here they are, no artbook. That's pretty bad, but to be fair I would never have ordered from a site that didn't specifically mention the artbook as a bonus. Only Amazon, GS, and (later) Walmart listed it on their product pages, and Walmart never even carried the PS3 version for some strange reason (Vita only).

Its funny because a BB Rep in their forums assured people that BB would be getting the artbook, but their product pages on their website never mentioned anything about it; and here they are, no artbook. That's pretty bad, but to be fair I would never have ordered from a site that didn't specifically mention the artbook as a bonus. Only Amazon, GS, and (later) Walmart listed it on their product pages, and Walmart never even carried the PS3 version for some strange reason (Vita only).
I went to 2 bestbuys and a target and they said they didn't even get this game in for vita or ps3, so i'm not sure what's going on with that.

&amp;nbsp;
Its funny because a BB Rep in their forums assured people that BB would be getting the artbook, but their product pages on their website never mentioned anything about it; and here they are, no artbook.&amp;nbsp; That's pretty bad, but to be fair I would never have ordered from a site that didn't specifically mention the artbook as a bonus.&amp;nbsp; Only Amazon, GS, and (later) Walmart listed it on their product pages, and Walmart never even carried the PS3 version for some strange reason (Vita only).
i rather take that chance with bestbuy than newegg, because bestbuy always take care of customers. Try asking newegg for some compensation for the missing artbook. they will just laugh in your face.

&amp;amp;nbsp;
I went to 2 bestbuys and a target and they said they didn't even get this game in for vita or ps3, so i'm not sure what's going on with that.
i confirmed it with a bestbuy rep today, they will not have any dragons crown in store, it is only available online for now. gamestop is your only best bet. if you want to get it during the release week.

I preordered from Newegg. I did not receive an artbook. I emailed their customer support last night and was told that the game is not offered with an artbook. Really disappointed since I thought with the retailers listed on the game site that Newegg was participating. Just a heads up for anyone that might have ordered it from there, although most likely to late now.

&amp;nbsp;
That sucks, I'm waiting for my order from newegg. Last week they assured me I would be getting an art book. By the looks of it I'm s.o.l.
I preordered from Newegg. I did not receive an artbook. I emailed their customer support last night and was told that the game is not offered with an artbook. Really disappointed since I thought with the retailers listed on the game site that Newegg was participating. Just a heads up for anyone that might have ordered it from there, although most likely to late now.
newegg has never been known as a retailer, who participated in any preorder bonus/specials. amazon/gamestop/bestbuy/walmart/target are the only retailers that does preorder bonus.

Good thing I cancelled my NewEgg pre-order of the Vita version of the game. I just received my game from Amazon (Prime shipping) and got the art book along with the 20% off using their credit card. I'd say $35 well spent. :D

Anyone know if Best Buy is carrying Dragon's Crown at retail? Website says OOS and store locator says no, which is weird.

&amp;amp;nbsp;
Anyone know if Best Buy is carrying Dragon's Crown at retail? Website says OOS and store locator says no, which is weird.
i confirmed with a bestbuy rep today, while picking up tales of xilla. bestbuy will not carry dragons crown at stores as of now, only online .

Do people who order from amazon still have a chance to get the artbook? Just curious since it seems like they are one of the places still sending out artbooks.

I have prime and did not get my copy yesterday
Then you should be complaining if you pre-ordered since they guarantee release day delivery up until like 7PM EST the day before.

Vita shows in stock everywhere around me, PS3 shows entirely unavailable but when I checked yesterday at around 1PM EST they all said they had it. Those stores could very well have it still but might have less than three now. Definitely something they showed as having yesterday but I imagine none of the stores probably received more than five copies unless they had pre-orders.

&amp;nbsp;
Then you should be complaining if you pre-ordered since they guarantee release day delivery up until like 7PM EST the day before.
&amp;nbsp;
&amp;nbsp;
Vita shows in stock everywhere around me, PS3 shows entirely unavailable but when I checked yesterday at around 1PM EST they all said they had it. &amp;nbsp;Those stores could very well have it still but might have less than three now. &amp;nbsp;Definitely something they showed as having yesterday but I imagine none of the stores probably received more than five copies unless they had pre-orders.
it is a glitch in the system, dragons crown are only available online only, no stores are carrying it as of now.

&amp;nbsp; it is a glitch in the system, dragons crown are only available online only, no stores are carrying it as of now.
That's a pretty big glitch then and not something they usually do with games. Strange days we're entering into as they rearrange all their stores to just have branded mini-shops inside them.

&amp;nbsp;
That's a pretty big glitch then and not something they usually do with games. &amp;nbsp;Strange days we're entering into as they rearrange all their stores to just have branded mini-shops inside them.
i was talking about the ps3 version, i was at bestbuy today, and i spoke to a bestbuy rep, about dragons crown , and it being only available online as of now. He also said he doubt they will carry it in stores any time soon. Tales of xilla on the other hand, are plenty to be found.

None for regulars at GS. Went to two stores to find it and when I got it the chick there said they flew off yesterday and only had a handful left for today. Guess the game is going faster then I even expected.

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any suggestions regarding what to appraise or sell?
Look to see if it's glowing, what color it's glowing and rank.

Rank typically means it will have some really good stat. Might be high damage, might be high defense, really depends on the weapon.

Glowing means it has more than 3 (I believe) perks and will glow orange. Light blue / white colored glow means it has over 5 (I believe) and could fill every space.

Some additional, but not needed advice is to look at the digits. Like if the durability is ??? / ???, then it's most likely a high damage, low durability weapon. If the attack is ?? - ???, then the attack will always be sub 100 (this is huge when you find stuff like swords with 200 attack). Also keep in mind that everything is pooled on your save, so saving gear for another class can be used by said class when they hit that level.

None for regulars at GS. Went to two stores to find it and when I got it the chick there said they flew off yesterday and only had a handful left for today. Guess the game is going faster then I even expected.
I think it is more that there isn't a lot of demand, so there isn't a big stock.

bread's done
Back