Pre Order F.3.A.R. @ GameStop Get F.E.A.R. 2

If youre preordering the 3rd game why would you want the second one? Because if you are preordering the third one you most likely already played the second one long ago, therefore I wouldnt want another copy of the second game I already completed way before the third game was even announced.

So does this mean I can waltz into Gamestop, pre-order 3, get my copy of 2 (Does you get it on the platform you are pre-ordering 3 on? Or is it a PC digital copy?) and immediately switch it to, say, inFamous 2?

So many stipulations. I know SC2 preorders couldn't be cancelled after getting a key, is that the same case here? What platform is the free game on? Do you have to put the full pre-order down?

Sorry guys, hadn't realized you can get F.E.A.R.2 for for less than $20 on Amazon. So I guess the Amazon deal is better unless you want the GameStop bonus gun.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']So does this mean I can waltz into Gamestop, pre-order 3, get my copy of 2 (Does you get it on the platform you are pre-ordering 3 on? Or is it a PC digital copy?) and immediately switch it to, say, inFamous 2?

So many stipulations. I know SC2 preorders couldn't be cancelled after getting a key, is that the same case here? What platform is the free game on? Do you have to put the full pre-order down?[/QUOTE]

What on earth makes you think you can switch out Fear 2 for Infamous 2??

[quote name='limelight022']What on earth makes you think you can switch out Fear 2 for Infamous 2??[/QUOTE]

I meant move my pre-order from Fear 3 to inFamous 2. I would get the free copy of Fear 2 and cancel my pre-order of 3.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']So does this mean I can waltz into Gamestop, pre-order 3, get my copy of 2 (Does you get it on the platform you are pre-ordering 3 on? Or is it a PC digital copy?) and immediately switch it to, say, inFamous 2?

So many stipulations. I know SC2 preorders couldn't be cancelled after getting a key, is that the same case here? What platform is the free game on? Do you have to put the full pre-order down?[/QUOTE]

They won't give you FEAR 2 until FEAR 3 comes out. You may be able to give FEAR 2 back to Gamestop, w/o having to give FEAR 3, for w/e it's worth is right now, but you most definitely wouldn't be able to trade it for Infamous 2...

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I meant move my pre-order from Fear 3 to inFamous 2. I would get the free copy of Fear 2 and cancel my pre-order of 3.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck would you think that would work...

[quote name='unc13 buck']Why the fuck would you think that would work...[/QUOTE]

Because it has in the past? People pre-ordered Nuts & Bolts on the 360, got the voucher for a free download of Banjo-Kazooie then moved the pre-order to something different. I don't see how this concept is so far-fetched, though apparently the plan wouldn't work. I highly doubt I would actually try it for fear of pissing off the guy's I know at Gamestop but I still thought I wouldn't be the only one curious. Was just trying to play devil's advocate and ask the question that seems to be brought up in other threads of a similar nature (Cancel Gear 3 keep your beta key, cancel sc2 keep your beta key, etc.). I did not realize, as it is not stated anywhere I have seen, that you do not receive the free game until Fear 3 releases. I was under the impression they gave you a new/used copy, or a voucher for a digital download. Where it says "Pick up game and DLC" I thought it was possible they were referring to Fear 3, not 2, as they do state this obvious statement in other pre-orders for exclusive DLC.

Sorry to offend.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Because it has in the past? People pre-ordered Nuts & Bolts on the 360, got the voucher for a free download of Banjo-Kazooie then moved the pre-order to something different. I don't see how this concept is so far-fetched, though apparently the plan wouldn't work. I highly doubt I would actually try it for fear of pissing off the guy's I know at Gamestop but I still thought I wouldn't be the only one curious. Was just trying to play devil's advocate and ask the question that seems to be brought up in other threads of a similar nature (Cancel Gear 3 keep your beta key, cancel sc2 keep your beta key, etc.). I did not realize, as it is not stated anywhere I have seen, that you do not receive the free game until Fear 3 releases. I was under the impression they gave you a new/used copy, or a voucher for a digital download. Where it says "Pick up game and DLC" I thought it was possible they were referring to Fear 3, not 2, as they do state this obvious statement in other pre-orders for exclusive DLC.

Sorry to offend.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually wondering the same thing, I'm personally glad you asked.

reminds me i still need a copy of fear 2.. no way in hell im preordering 3 for it though. I'll wait for it to hit 15 bucks or so on amazon (its still over 20 bucks actually for 360)

Glad to see gamestop get some decent deals now. Granted as pointed out you can probably get both 1 and 2 at amazon for a bit over 20.

I am sure there are lots of people who haven't played the prequels but are interested in the series, I am. I just have so many other games to play right now I figure I will wait for price drops.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, then after you finish Infamous 2, you can return the game within 7 days and bitch at GameStop telling them how much they suck and they will give you a free game :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='limelight022']If youre preordering the 3rd game why would you want the second one? Because if you are preordering the third one you most likely already played the second one long ago, therefore I wouldnt want another copy of the second game I already completed way before the third game was even announced.[/QUOTE]

You would be right in most cases. I actually haven't played the second one so it would be great for me. Also, people that might want to get refreshed on the series, getting the second one for free might be good as well.

lol @ Fear 2 video.

Again would be awesome if Amazon threw in $20 credit *AND* a copy of FEAR 2. That would be the only way to tempt me.

[quote name='unc13 buck']Why the fuck would you think that would work...[/QUOTE]

Because it works all the time.

People have been stealing from lamestop for years. Which is funny because they will say pirates are bad people and should be punished, then the person will go to lamestop to pre order a game to get the free item and then cancel their pre order or move it, there by stealing the item.

bread's done
Back