Pre-Order Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Crystal Edition" "Limited Edition" (European import)

Sorry to bump this, but I just had a horrible experience with GAME regarding the Crystal Edition. Did anyone at all order from them and have their Crystal Edition ship already?

[quote name='Cheska19']Sorry to bump this, but I just had a horrible experience with GAME regarding the Crystal Edition. Did anyone at all order from them and have their Crystal Edition ship already?[/QUOTE]

What happened?

I personally didn't want to deal with any retailer so I just had my friend in the UK order stuff like this. Very thankful for him as he got me the Climax Edition of Bayonetta as well.

This happened:
Hi,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked the status of your order and I can confirm that it has been rejected.

Due to shipping restrictions we’re unable to ship hardware or large items outside of the United Kingdom, this has resulted in your order being rejected.

When an order is rejected it is automatically cancelled by the system, because of this no payment has been taken, however, your card issuer may have preauthorised you for this order. What this means is that your card issuer is holding the funds until we take payment, as your order has now been rejected and cancelled no payment will be taken and the funds will become available to you after a predetermined time that is set by your card issuer.

I hope this information helps and I apologise for any disappointment.

Regards,

Charlotte H

The Team at GAME

I e-mailed them because I was frustrated that I hadn't received any notification of my item shipping despite plenty of people getting those reports and already receiving the game. I'm livid right now, I waited almost four months for this, and eBay prices are already absurd.

[quote name='Cheska19']This happened:

I e-mailed them because I was frustrated that I hadn't received any notification of my item shipping despite plenty of people getting those reports and already receiving the game. I'm livid right now, I waited almost four months for this, and eBay prices are already absurd.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. That is horrible. :cry:

I e-mailed them because I was frustrated that I hadn't received any notification of my item shipping despite plenty of people getting those reports and already receiving the game. I'm livid right now, I waited almost four months for this, and eBay prices are already absurd.[/QUOTE]
Which version did you ordered?

[quote name='Cheska19']I had the PS3 Crystal Edition ordered :([/QUOTE]
That sucks. You could've order through Amazon.de cuz they ship worldwide with no regional restriction. I'm happy to say that my order has been dispatched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... This makes me want to change my pre-order of The Last Story CE over to HMV. Sorry to hear about the cancellation though :(.

Wow, that sucks... I guess now I know why my preorder there hasn't shipped. I had it preordered there a long while ago and forgot about it. I got an email a few days before release about upcoming preorders but later received a cancellation notice.

[quote name='Animekatt']Hmm... This makes me want to change my pre-order of The Last Story CE over to HMV. Sorry to hear about the cancellation though :(.[/QUOTE]

HMV is where I ordered the FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition a few months ago... at least, they sent me a notice about not being able to ship due to stock issues a week before release. But the Last Story CE is much smaller so I doubt it'll be an issue.

So I got dicked over at two places... one because they apparently don't know what the restrictions on shipping and another because of stock shortages. I'm pretty pissed off about it.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, that sucks... I guess now I know why my preorder there hasn't shipped. I had it preordered there a long while ago and forgot about it. I got an email a few days before release about upcoming preorders but later received a cancellation notice.

HMV is where I ordered the FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition a few months ago... at least, they sent me a notice about not being able to ship due to stock issues a week before release. But the Last Story CE is much smaller so I doubt it'll be an issue.

So I got dicked over at two places... one because they apparently don't know what the restrictions on shipping and another because of stock shortages. I'm pretty pissed off about it.[/QUOTE]
Which version did you order?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What's the 2nd site?[/QUOTE]

Game.co.uk was the first site (my first order that I forgot about) where I placed the order. HMV is where I ordered it a few months ago.

[quote name='Vinny']Game.co.uk was the first site (my first order that I forgot about) where I placed the order. HMV is where I ordered it a few months ago.[/QUOTE]
oh.

I pre ordered mine from an AUS friend for me and a friend.
He's mailing them now with all the pre order bonuses and stuff.
Was a pretty penny, over $150 but so worth it to me as I already love the game to death.

I had ordered a Crystal version from HMV as back up and they cancelled it.
Lucky I had a back up plan and over seas friends

[quote name='adriley313']I pre ordered mine from an AUS friend for me and a friend.
He's mailing them now with all the pre order bonuses and stuff.
Was a pretty penny, over $150 but so worth it to me as I already love the game to death.

I had ordered a Crystal version from HMV as back up and they cancelled it.
Lucky I had a back up plan and over seas friends[/QUOTE]

I had my buddy in England order me a Crystal from game. Did it to avoid a potential pain in the ass with the order and pre-order bonus. Plus now he can send me the steelbook wrapped in bubble wrap so it doesn't get dented. :D

Man, you guys are lucky you're getting the Crystal Edition. I'm baffled that I had preordered at two places and both of them fucked up... I don't think I'll ever order from either place again.:bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I had my buddy in England order me a Crystal from game. Did it to avoid a potential pain in the ass with the order and pre-order bonus. Plus now he can send me the steelbook wrapped in bubble wrap so it doesn't get dented. :D[/QUOTE]

I was told (by HMV) that the steelbook was inside the Crystal Edition packaging.. or is that not right?

I've seen some unboxing on youtube with the steelbook inside.
But since they are not sealed I guess they could put them in.
My friend got the Steelbook before the game released but told him to ship it all together and its in the mail now.

I saw find a friend overseas so if problems like this happen your covered.
I'm so glad I did cause I would have been hellapissed to not get one at retail and have to pay the crazy ass mark up.

[quote name='Vinny']Man, you guys are lucky you're getting the Crystal Edition. I'm baffled that I had preordered at two places and both of them fucked up... I don't think I'll ever order from either place again.:bomb:

I was told (by HMV) that the steelbook was inside the Crystal Edition packaging.. or is that not right?[/QUOTE]

Oh if it is thats fine. Last I talked to him, which was on Thursday last week, he had not recieved his copies yet. :razz:

Mine is on the way from Amazon.de. I ordered it for the steelbook, that's pretty much it. I have the American CE, so I'm going to sell the soundtrack and game from the Crystal Edition once I get it. Debating on whether I want to keep the shirt too. Can't wait to get it though.

[quote name='Animekatt']Hmm... This makes me want to change my pre-order of The Last Story CE over to HMV. Sorry to hear about the cancellation though :(.[/QUOTE]

Arent HMV and GAME essentially the same company? Or am I thinking of thehut and Zavvi?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']FYI, :ps3: PS3 Crystal Edition are back in stock on Amazon.de. Hurry... it won't last long.[/QUOTE]

gone....

Was anyone able to successfully have the Crystal Edition shipped direct from a retailer in the UK to the US (i.e. without the help of a friend/middleman)? For the future, I am just curious which retailer is the most reliable for larger, heavy CEs like this one. I would have ordered from Amazon.de but I wanted one with English text on the outside of the box.

So I just got a preorder FFXIII-2 steelbook... the package had nothing else inside it but the return postal code is RG21 6JY and Google maps shows it's GAME Stores Group LTD right in the middle.

Guess I got a free steelbook even though my order was cancelled.:p

[quote name='Cheska19']Arent HMV and GAME essentially the same company? Or am I thinking of thehut and Zavvi?[/QUOTE]

zavvi and thehut are the same, and so are game.co.uk and gamestation.co.uk

Wow.. nice that you guys still got the steelbook.

Did any of you happen to order the steelbooks only from amazon.de? Mine have been shipped, but I'm still waiting to receive them. I was curious what condition you guys received them in, if any of you ordered them from amazon.

Got 2 steelbooks from amazon.de and they were incredibly well packaged. Each one is factory sealed, wrapped in bubble, sealed in a cardboard box, and then both boxes were packed in another cardboard mailer.

Now to wait for FF13-2 to hit bargain bin prices.

[quote name='AkariK']Got 2 steelbooks from amazon.de and they were incredibly well packaged. Each one is factory sealed, wrapped in bubble, sealed in a cardboard box, and then both boxes were packed in another cardboard mailer.

Now to wait for FF13-2 to hit bargain bin prices.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.. thank you for the response! I ordered 2 as well and didn't know if I'd get them in a beat up bubble mailer. I was a little worried since Amazon US often uses them.

[quote name='AkariK']Got 2 steelbooks from amazon.de and they were incredibly well packaged. Each one is factory sealed, wrapped in bubble, sealed in a cardboard box, and then both boxes were packed in another cardboard mailer.

Now to wait for FF13-2 to hit bargain bin prices.[/QUOTE]

awesome, thanks. i ordered the ffxiii-2 steelbook from them, good to know it will arrive safely.

Got my FF steelbook today, came in perfect shape. unfortunately I accidentally stepped on it and now it's dented. FML

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Got my FF steelbook today, came in perfect shape. unfortunately I accidentally stepped on it and now it's dented. FML[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Mine also arrived today but I did not step on anything. :cool:

[quote name='sabanoo']:applause:

Mine also arrived today but I did not step on anything. :cool:[/QUOTE]

only a matter of time :cool:

im just kidding

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']only a matter of time :cool:

im just kidding
[/QUOTE]

:lol: It'll probably happen now. Karma's a bitch ;)

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Got my FF steelbook today, came in perfect shape. unfortunately I accidentally stepped on it and now it's dented. FML[/QUOTE]

God, that is so shitty!!!

damn it. amazon.de didn't process my freaking order. they kept sending me an e-mail about changing payment information because it couldn't cover the payment. there's more than enough money. bullshit. ugh.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']damn it. amazon.de didn't process my freaking order. they kept sending me an e-mail about changing payment information because it couldn't cover the payment. there's more than enough money. bullshit. ugh.[/QUOTE]
Call the # on your card.

PS3 & Xbox 360 Steelbook Unboxing
w80vlw.jpg

242eb2q.jpg

ev72xj.jpg

PS3 Crystal Edition Unboxing
35irxbt.jpg

2w3om12.jpg

9qe03n.jpg

ddf869.jpg

20u8hg8.jpg

mwxjd4.jpg

w6xrlu.jpg

a0f22g.jpg

I'm new to this ordering from Amazon.de thing, but I got one of these through Incredipinoy's group buy, and I have a question.

Any way I'll be able to use the Omega code on my US PSN account? If not...could I create a EU account, redeem the code, and then use it on my regular US account? I know the games are region free, but I'm not sure if DLC works the same way once downloaded.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Any way I'll be able to use the Omega code on my US PSN account? If not...could I create a EU account, redeem the code, and then use it on my regular US account? I know the games are region free, but I'm not sure if DLC works the same way once downloaded.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I'm new to this ordering from Amazon.de thing, but I got one of these through Incredipinoy's group buy, and I have a question.

Any way I'll be able to use the Omega code on my US PSN account? If not...could I create a EU account, redeem the code, and then use it on my regular US account? I know the games are region free, but I'm not sure if DLC works the same way once downloaded.[/QUOTE]

Late to reply because I followed this advice and downloaded/installed the 15mb "Fight in Sytle" DLC pack thinking it was all good. But I just tried to access the DLC in game, and I can't seem to figure out how? Main menu wants me to pay real money, and in-game menu says "Default" outfit only.

Disclaimer: I had already installed my Omega pre-order bonus from US Amazon.com if that messes with it. So the EU pack only has 2 costumes that I don't really care about, but free is free or I could have given the code to someone w/o Omega, but it's too late for that now unfortunately.

bread's done
Back