Pre-order for Art of Alice: Madness Returns, an art book($19.44)

Vortextk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Alice-Mad...6971/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301390774&sr=8-4

Very much different than a much more common japanese anime art book offering, but equally interesting if you're into this extremely twisted version of alice and wonderland. The book is going to be hardcover, 184 pages, with an opening written by Mcgee. Listed, off site, to be released on may 11th. You can see a small preview of pages here:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/320/art-alice-sells-out-first-printing

Retail is set at 34.99 with articles only days to a week old listing amazon at having it at $23~, so around 4 dollars off that price already. I only just learned about it because it was sitting in my gold box.

Yeah well she loves alice. That was birthday last year? Going to the new movie in 3d imax and ugh I'm glad she liked it atleast. I agree with the overall sentiment but couldn't stomache the movie. I liked the disney cartoon classic one better even but of course twisted, blood crazed alice with a vorpal blade is also quite my touch.

Oh and I see the first printing notice, this was pre-ordered the day I made this thread when articles had already detailed the first printing as "sold out", so I'm sure every single book made up to this time is a "first print".

I got it today. It's beautiful! I bought it for a gift, but now I'm thinking about getting one for myself. The pages are dark, though, and I got fingerprints on some of the pages from looking through it. :(

I'm just curious, but whats the difference between a first print and any other prints? Does it have number associated with it or first edition, first print on it?

[quote name='azndanny']I'm just curious, but whats the difference between a first print and any other prints? Does it have number associated with it or first edition, first print on it?[/QUOTE]

On the inside of the book, on the page before the table of contents, it lists 'First edition: May 2011'. Other than that, I would assume that future editions would be identical. It's always possible that editions after the first and maybe the second would go the paperback route instead of hardcover but there's no evidence indicating that.

Logged into Amazon to check the status of my order and noticed it now says "Usually shipped in 1 to 3 weeks", so not sure if that means stock is running low, but heads-up to anyone still thinking about ordering! Mine got delivered yesterday, so hopefully no crushed corners when I pick it up in the morning:roll:

So mad right now. I got mine today and there is a huge dent on the top. It breaks both covers and scuffs the pages. Contacted Amazon about a replacement. I don't think this happened in shipping. It came in a box (which has no damage) with one other thing and I don't think that did the damage. It looks like someone took a wrench or piece of pipe and struck the top of the book. >_< Grrrr...

picture.php

Sorry for the crappy pic. That's the top of the book, as you can see the dent is across both covers. Part of the cover is torn and there is some scuffing damage to the pages. To me it looks like something hit the top of the book. Nothing else in my shipment was damaged.

Quick thanks to the OP for this post. Got a first edition in perfect condition. Ordered on May 5th. Book was well worth the $20.58 I paid for it.

Your welcome! I'm so glad they decided to do this. 20 dollars for this entire book is a steal if you're into this stuff. So much more worth it than whatever collector's edition they could have with a tacked on $20. Less than a month for the game now..

My understanding is that both printings have been sold out (to retailers at least). Don't know if they are going to make a 3rd reprinting or not. I do know though that they released this art book digitally for app store for iOS. (You buy it through the Darkhorse Comics App) I heard though that the digital version is missing a few pages, though I don't know which pages those are.

I think you might be able to find a couple of these online for this price or regular price if you keep looking. Though it looks like they are going quick.

EDIT: You can still order it from the official store for $34.99 although I am sure they add tax and shipping.
http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-madness-returns-art-book

They only have about 30 left.

You can sell back your copy for a $40 Amazon credit at the moment. When you can but it for $23 but takes 1-2 months to ship.

[quote name='Bumslie']You can sell back your copy for a $40 Amazon credit at the moment. When you can but it for $23 but takes 1-2 months to ship.[/QUOTE]

Either they don't have anymore to sell (and should remove the ships from 1 to 2 months thing), or they do have some or are expecting some from the publisher. If they do have some or are expecting some, perhaps the 40 dollar trade in is because either the trade in program is done by a different company so they are trying to fill demand for used copies now or this is an error .

[quote name='wugenius']My understanding is that both printings have been sold out (to retailers at least). Don't know if they are going to make a 3rd reprinting or not. I do know though that they released this art book digitally for app store for iOS. (You buy it through the Darkhorse Comics App) I heard though that the digital version is missing a few pages, though I don't know which pages those are.

I think you might be able to find a couple of these online for this price or regular price if you keep looking. Though it looks like they are going quick.

EDIT: You can still order it from the official store for $34.99 although I am sure they add tax and shipping.
http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-madness-returns-art-book

They only have about 30 left.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure another reprinting is on the way. Borders and several other sites anticipate more stock in 2-4 weeks.

Too beautiful for me to let go at only 40 bucks with a maybe chance to get it back, but if you don't mind the maybe or got disillusioned with the game recently, could be a good way to drop the book.

FYI this is back on amazon seemingly with regular shipping again, it's advertising both 1 day and 2 day shipping for me as getting here the 28th/29th, no 1-2 month wait time anymore.

[quote name='Vortextk']FYI this is back on amazon seemingly with regular shipping again, it's advertising both 1 day and 2 day shipping for me as getting here the 28th/29th, no 1-2 month wait time anymore.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I decided to pick one up. Looks like they also knocked a buck off of the $23 it's been going for for the past few weeks.

bread's done
Back