Pre Order Halo Reach Legendary Edition $127.49 Gamestop

Freiteez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, as most of you know, details on the Halo Reach Limited and Legendary editions came out. I decided to search for some promo codes to get it cheaper when pre ordering and found a good one.

Use promo code " 15NEW " this will give you 15% off the game. So if you were to do Overnight shipping (whenever I do that, i get it the same day) you get the overnight shipping free plus $10 off the game.

So if your interested in getting the Legendary edition for cheaper, this is a great way to do it.

[quote name='Freiteez']I did use that one but right at the end of checkout it says "can't use this promo code with certain items" so that one doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

25OFF worked for me

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That is freaking awesome.[/QUOTE]

And pretty worthless, imo. Who would want to use that? You become an instant target for everyone to see from across the map.

On the flip side, it would be a cool item to have, standard, in custom matches. Think: 'smear the queer.'

[quote name='Corvin']And pretty worthless, imo. Who would want to use that? You become an instant target for everyone to see from across the map.

On the flip side, it would be a cool item to have, standard, in custom matches. Think: 'smear the queer.'[/QUOTE]
I plan on using it. I know that the people that have it in Halo 3 use it quite often.

[quote name='LiK']25OFF worked for me[/QUOTE]

Did you actually get your order through? I keep trying but it says purchase quantity exceeded....

Also, are you guys who get the discounts to work checking the confirmation page?
For both this and starcraft CE I can get the 25OFF to show at checkout, but when I purchase the damn things the order confirmation says full price.

[quote name='deckerro']Also, are you guys who get the discounts to work checking the confirmation page?
For both this and starcraft CE I can get the 25OFF to show at checkout, but when I purchase the damn things the order confirmation says full price.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that 25off does NOT work, as it showed it all the way through, but once I hit confirm order it took off the discount, so I cancelled it:bomb:

Why is no one seeing the "Mass Effect Effect ((?) Working title)" here? Buy this version now, just in case it actually is limited, and in all the articles it makes sure to note the extremely low quantity, and sell the armor effects!!!!!! The ME 2 armors sold for like $40, and this comes with two!!!!!!!!! If they both make that amount (and God knows they will if they don't exceed it) then that's $80 (or more) back on your purchase!!!! Seems worth it to me!!!!!!!

does anyone know if I can add a gift card to use on the order after i make the order? I have a$25 gift card on the way from UTtalk surveys but kinda want to order now

[quote name='Metalic']I ended up getting in on the $60 Legendary from amazon. It looks like there honoring the orders :)[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Please share!

All I see is $150 for the legendary edition on amazon.com.

[quote name='leesiulung']What are you talking about? Please share!

All I see is $150 for the legendary edition on amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

amazon price mistake for about 15 minutes earlier today. it's been fixed, but as of now, the orders that were made in that time are still valid.

[quote name='Scorch']Really? A helmet on fire is justification for spending $150 on this edition?

...really?[/QUOTE]

That's not the only thing it includes..

[quote name='Xiemos']I got burned badly buying the legendary set of halo 3. $150+tax+shipping back in the day from gamestop.com. Never again.[/QUOTE]
I got burned buying the legendary edition of halo 3 because it sucked. I was expecting Halo 2 limited edition quality but that didnt happen:bomb:

Bungie killed it for me last go around. I'll never support them at retail ever again. It is so fucking pathetic that big companies don't give back to those who feed them. Before all you diehard fans of Bungie start throwing out "flaming helmets" and a 10 lb. statue let me just call BS right now. Flames on a helmet, are you kidding me? You would think Bungie would give back to the fanbase in which boosted it to one of the top gaming companies. Instead they dish out this overpriced shit. I understand it's a business, they're trying to make money, but how about for once you give back in a generous way instead of bending your fans over......

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neudog']Bungie killed it for me last go around. I'll never support them at retail ever again. It is so fucking pathetic that big companies don't give back to those who feed them. Before all you diehard fans of Bungie start throwing out "flaming helmets" and a 10 lb. statue let me just call BS right now. Flames on a helmet, are you kidding me? You would think Bungie would give back to the fanbase in which boosted it to one of the top gaming companies. Instead they dish out this overpriced shit. I understand it's a business, they're trying to make money, but how about for once you give back in a generous way instead of bending your fans over......[/QUOTE]

well you kinda answer your own question they are a business who's #1 goal is to make money plain and simple. Is it overpriced? Depends if you are a huge Halo fan you might think its a good price for some nice collectibles especially since this is the last Bungie made Halo if you are a so-so Halo or just like the game and not particularly in love with Halo fan you will think "wow $150 for a few statues a book and some in game stuff? What a rip off" Bungie is of course cashing in on its hardcore fans what company wouldn't?

for me I like collectibles so its worth it (though having $50 in giftcards for gamestop makes the purchase easier to swallow)

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well you kinda answer your own question they are a business who's #1 goal is to make money plain and simple. Is it overpriced? Depends if you are a huge Halo fan you might think its a good price for some nice collectibles especially since this is the last Bungie made Halo if you are a so-so Halo or just like the game and not particularly in love with Halo fan you will think "wow $150 for a few statues a book and some in game stuff? What a rip off" Bungie is of course cashing in on its hardcore fans what company wouldn't?

for me I like collectibles so its worth it (though having $50 in giftcards for gamestop makes the purchase easier to swallow)[/QUOTE]

True, its that double edged sword of loving your fans for making you rich, but squeezing them for every penny that they are worth. As much a Halo fan that I am, Ill stick with the limited, or maybe the regular edition (got it for $50 during some sale or another at amazon). As I posted earlier, the "armor effect", the statue and the casing are $70 more than the limited and $90 more than the regular. Although the stuff included in the limited might be worth it.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Why not use 25OFF and get $37.50 off the price?[/QUOTE]

If the 25OFF doesn't work the first time, refresh a few times. Even with the $37.50 discount, not worth it for me though.
I just bought FFXIII for $38 and the 250 GB Hard Drive for $100 with last week's coupon-stacking franzie!

Some people love CE's, some people don't see the value. I'm a self-aware CE whore and I want the legendary edition, but I can't spend $150. Lucky for me, I have a method for getting the CE's for almost nothing. What I do is sell off the DLC. It helps that I don't play a lot of multiplayer. Every CE with DLC I've paid

for everybody that thinks the CE is overpriced, there is an equal number of people who things the ends justify and will be buying it day one. Bungie will sell what they can at 150, then drop the price when sales slow, get the people who will buy at that price then drop again.

im figuring if i do bite on this, its going to be from amazon with a few of the future game credits off stuff i am actually gonna buy. Might then make it easier to swallow

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'll cop this off new egg when its $20. I'll just get the regular edition on launch day, thank you very much.

[quote name='xscorpionx']If the 25OFF doesn't work the first time, refresh a few times. Even with the $37.50 discount, not worth it for me though.
I just bought FFXIII for $38 and the 250 GB Hard Drive for $100 with last week's coupon-stacking franzie![/QUOTE]

I don't think getting it to apply in the cart is the problem, though... it's being removed at checkout, even if you get it to deduct in the cart.

[quote name='help1']Why would anyone want a flaming helmet. Makes you more of a target.[/QUOTE]

Which is why you sell the code on ebay for oodles of money. See, I is smart! All those bosses and coworkers and parents...they were wrong!

[quote name='help1']Why would anyone want a flaming helmet. Makes you more of a target.[/QUOTE]

Makes you look pro /sarcasm

In the end ill just be laughing at the flaming helmets as i snipe them.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Wow, seems like some of you guys learned nothing from the Halo 3 legendary edition...[/QUOTE]

Pretty big difference between between a plastic helmet and a McFarlane Toys statue. Doubt they will be producing nearly as many units as the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

[quote name='neudog']Bungie killed it for me last go around. I'll never support them at retail ever again. It is so fucking pathetic that big companies don't give back to those who feed them. Before all you diehard fans of Bungie start throwing out "flaming helmets" and a 10 lb. statue let me just call BS right now. Flames on a helmet, are you kidding me? You would think Bungie would give back to the fanbase in which boosted it to one of the top gaming companies. Instead they dish out this overpriced shit. I understand it's a business, they're trying to make money, but how about for once you give back in a generous way instead of bending your fans over......[/QUOTE]
It's not Bungie at this point, it is Microsoft; there now it makes a lot more sense doesn't it;)

See, the way I see it, Bungie/Microsoft are giving back to the fans. They didn't give you a price increase in the current game. Instead they gave you an option as a fan to purchase other editions with more goodies. You still can get your standard edition for the same price it has been this whole generation.

Bungie is giving back to their fans by making a great game as opposed to giving you a few fancy armors for free.

Everyone justifies the high price point because Bungie/Microsoft is "giving" the gamer a choice. Bullshit, it's just a smoke screen for gaming companies screwing the average gamer. Also it is really not a "choice" if the price is so outrageous that some working adults can't swing for the one they would like to have. Not every gamer/Bungie supporter works in a lush job in an office or pimped out cubical and have limited entertainment budgets. So what about that collector? That's right they get screwed. Since Mr. Gates is all about philanthropy how about throwing the average person a bone. To me the Legendary would do way better at a $99 pricepoint and is reasonable to the consumer. I'm a fan of LE/CE, but lets be honest mine, as well as others fanboyism of these allows for companies to nickel and dime us. When a company releases it's first decent LE I can see a reason to bump the price up slightly. However, after a community of gamers have established your brand I think you owe them a discount. There are an abundance of pros/cons to make on this issue. All I'm saying is this franchise would be nothing without us, the gamer, and Bungie/MS should think of that when it comes to pricing. It's a business yes, but that defense is out the window when your handing out free 360's to Paris Hilton on launch. Give back to your core demographic and not inconsiderate cunts.

I pre-ordered and paid it off today in store, not a HUGE fan of halo but i love love love editions like this, gonna look nice next to the helmet :)

im a sucker for collecting things like this

[quote name='neudog']Everyone justifies the high price point because Bungie/Microsoft is "giving" the gamer a choice. Bullshit, it's just a smoke screen for gaming companies screwing the average gamer. Also it is really not a "choice" if the price is so outrageous that some working adults can't swing for the one they would like to have. Not every gamer/Bungie supporter works in a lush job in an office or pimped out cubical and have limited entertainment budgets. So what about that collector? That's right they get screwed. Since Mr. Gates is all about philanthropy how about throwing the average person a bone. To me the Legendary would do way better at a $99 pricepoint and is reasonable to the consumer. I'm a fan of LE/CE, but lets be honest mine, as well as others fanboyism of these allows for companies to nickel and dime us. When a company releases it's first decent LE I can see a reason to bump the price up slightly. However, after a community of gamers have established your brand I think you owe them a discount. There are an abundance of pros/cons to make on this issue. All I'm saying is this franchise would be nothing without us, the gamer, and Bungie/MS should think of that when it comes to pricing. It's a business yes, but that defense is out the window when your handing out free 360's to Paris Hilton on launch. Give back to your core demographic and not inconsiderate cunts.[/QUOTE]
oh boo f'n hoo you have months and months and months to pay it off and you can always just buy the game itself

im tired of people bitching about petty things

For all those that ordered Reach on amazon for $60, just got the email saying the order was cancelled due to pricing error, didn't even offer any online credit for the mistake=P

[quote name='Sharkey1337']For all those that ordered Reach on amazon for $60, just got the email saying the order was cancelled due to pricing error, didn't even offer any online credit for the mistake=P[/QUOTE]

Yeah that blows, but it was a little too good to be true. Too bad I don't get any credit.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Did you actually get your order through? I keep trying but it says purchase quantity exceeded....[/QUOTE]

yea, order went through. no problem here. stupid shipping and tax made the price go a lil higher.

ends up being $143 on Gamestop.com for me, after the 15OFF... better than what it would have been, otherwise, but it's not that much of a difference from Amazon's price which doesn't bring tax or shipping. considering the gift cards I have for Amazon and all, Gamestop's just not going to get my money for this, *if* I bite.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Awesome! Will be buying this day one. I'm going to go preorder this at my local GS this weekend.[/QUOTE]

do it online and get it cheaper and put some money in cheapyD's pocket too

[quote name='neudog']Everyone justifies the high price point because Bungie/Microsoft is "giving" the gamer a choice. Bullshit, it's just a smoke screen for gaming companies screwing the average gamer. Also it is really not a "choice" if the price is so outrageous that some working adults can't swing for the one they would like to have. Not every gamer/Bungie supporter works in a lush job in an office or pimped out cubical and have limited entertainment budgets. So what about that collector? That's right they get screwed. Since Mr. Gates is all about philanthropy how about throwing the average person a bone. To me the Legendary would do way better at a $99 pricepoint and is reasonable to the consumer. I'm a fan of LE/CE, but lets be honest mine, as well as others fanboyism of these allows for companies to nickel and dime us. When a company releases it's first decent LE I can see a reason to bump the price up slightly. However, after a community of gamers have established your brand I think you owe them a discount. There are an abundance of pros/cons to make on this issue. All I'm saying is this franchise would be nothing without us, the gamer, and Bungie/MS should think of that when it comes to pricing. It's a business yes, but that defense is out the window when your handing out free 360's to Paris Hilton on launch. Give back to your core demographic and not inconsiderate cunts.[/QUOTE]

LOL... clearly MS/Bungie wasn't aiming for you. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Unfortunately, you aren't entitled to anything.

The masses have spoken and there will be plenty of gamers being happy playing this game including me. I pre-ordered the standard edition.

You have a choice to pick your edition or not buy at all. You don't see me complaining about how I'm such a big fan of Porsche, but yet I can't afford one so Porsche should lower their prices. After all part of the high price is due to people like me adore their cars.

The $150 is now the standard for ultimate versions of LE/CE. Case closed, move on.

[quote name='leesiulung']You don't see me complaining about how I'm such a big fan of Porsche, but yet I can't afford one so Porsche should lower their prices. After all part of the high price is due to people like me adore their cars.[/QUOTE]

WOW! Now some of us are fucking reaching. What all you bashers are not getting from my opinion is it be nice if companies would give back. Keep throwing out the line, "You have the choice to pick/buy it", but it isn't a choice to the average gamer. Myself I could spend the $150, but choose not to. As I've said twice and now a third BUNGIE/MS should give back on occasion to a community that made them.

[quote name='starmask2k3']do it online and get it cheaper and put some money in cheapyD's pocket too[/QUOTE]
I'd rather reserve it at my local GS tomorrow so I can attend the midnight release and I won't have to pay the shipping.

[quote name='neudog']WOW! Now some of us are fucking reaching. What all you bashers are not getting from my opinion is it be nice if companies would give back. Keep throwing out the line, "You have the choice to pick/buy it", but it isn't a choice to the average gamer. Myself I could spend the $150, but choose not to. As I've said twice and now a third BUNGIE/MS should give back on occasion to a community that made them.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Then I suggest you send MS/Bungie an email, because I'm pretty sure neither of them are monitoring this thread. For everyone person that complains there are thousands of others that are happy with how Bungie is treating their fans with a great game, but if you really want something completely free, do us all a favor and shoot them an email or organize a petition. Nothing will come of it here other than threadcrapping in a deal thread.

Has anyone else seen this?
(Taken from http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_042310 )

"Some people have postulated that this sucker really won’t be all that exclusive, hearkening back to the Halo 3 cat helmet from yesteryear that hit retail shelves in mass quantities. Microsoft is ensuring us that they won’t be going down that path this time out, noting that the Legendary Edition will truly only available in a limited run and that they fully expect all copies to be spoken for at launch."

[quote name='leesiulung']LOL!

Then I suggest you send MS/Bungie an email, because I'm pretty sure neither of them are monitoring this thread. For everyone person that complains there are thousands of others that are happy with how Bungie is treating their fans with a great game, but if you really want something completely free, do us all a favor and shoot them an email or organize a petition. Nothing will come of it here other than threadcrapping in a deal thread.[/QUOTE]

I will be buying the LE edition it looks hot the statue. The McFarlane Quality Control is pretty weak so maybe better to buy it after people complain about poor quality. I hope we can return them for replacements if they are bad. I want the flaming armor and statue and hoping the statue quality is not as bad as there 5 inch line. I love the 5 inch lines but the QC is crap.

[quote name='letallis']Has anyone else seen this?
(Taken from http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_042310 )[/QUOTE]

i remember when i fell for this trick with the fallout 3 survival edition. i think even todd howard said that this edition was going to be a very limited run. and 2 weeks later it was 30 bucks cheaper!!!! but i do hope this one is limited, for eveyone that is into it but a statue of some doods just isnt doing it for me to spend all that extra money

bread's done
Back