Pre-order John Carter 4-Disc BD 3D Combo and Save $5 (till 4/5)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has put up Pre-order pages for Disney's John Carter. They have the 2-disc BD/DVD Combo for $27.99. And the 4-disc combo for $34.99, which includes a BD, BD 3D, DVD, and Digital Copy disc.

That 4-disc set also has a $5 clippable coupon available brining it down to $29.99. Like with all other Disney titles, the price will no doubt come down closer to release, but the coupon only is valid till April 5th so lock it in now.

LINK

[quote name='kart007k']Didn't this movie only make $34.99 in theater?[/QUOTE]

Yes it only made $34.99 in theaters. If you're going to make a crack about it flopping at least come with something funnier than that :roll:

And for the record it's made $236 million at the box office worldwide so far, though Disney is still reportedly losing a ton on it.

Anyone who says anything positive about John Carter in this thread will be thread crapping in my opinion. So quick to release on home formats. So sad...

[quote name='Arakias']Anyone who says anything positive about John Carter in this thread will be thread crapping in my opinion. So quick to release on home formats. So sad...[/QUOTE]

This doesn't have a release date and will possibly take as long as other movies to be released (i.e. ~4 months). Did you see the movie btw? There's plenty of people that liked it. Just because it did poorly by Disney's standards doesn't mean it's a terrible movie. I know plenty of people who loved it and saw it multiple times.

Nice, thanks. I remember reading the Mars series when I was growing up, so I was pretty excited about this movie. Not quite everything I wanted from it, but it was entertaining. A shame that it did so poorly in the box office, so we won't likely see more.

i am hoping it goes in my deal of the day and that its cheaper at release

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just saw this last weekend. Great movie. I don't get all the bad press for it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the press, but my personal experience with the movie is this:

If the movie was called Barsoom instead of John Carter, I would have had a slight bit of interest in it before I realized it's a Sci-fi movie. I initially thought it was a movie about a guy who discovered something in early American History.

Naming a movie simply by someone's boring ho-hum name which means nothing to most people is a great way to get little to no attention from just about everyone.

[quote name='homerojay']I've been meaning to go see the movie in the theater.[/QUOTE]

For the love of god save your money I got in for free and still felt ripped off.

I read that Disney is expecting a $200 million loss on the movie. Pretty epic fail. I think they were expecting Hunger Games levels of success, but didn't even come remotely close.

Saw the movie though and really enjoyed it. No idea why it failed so miserably. I'll definitely be buying it, but not at that price.

I saw the movie the other day and enjoyed it (thanks to disney movie rewards for the free tickets). I would have felt disappointed if I paid the full admission price for the 3d movie ticket, but for free I couldn't complain. I thought the acting was good, the special effects were great, and the use of 3d was very well done. I thought the pacing, plot, and story structure were all fairly poor.

Anyway, I preordered because the 3D blu-ray will look fucking great on my Samsung TV, but I'll have to cancel the preorder if it's more than around $18 (which it probably will be).

Thanks OP.

Oh yeah, completely off topic, but after I watched John Carter in 3D, I snuck into The Hunger Games in Imax and after that snuck into the midnight premiere screening of Wrath of the Titans 3D. Both movies were better than John Carter:). I was expecting Hunger Games to be good, but Wrath of the Titans surpassed my expectations by a lot. Hopefully we see some CAG deals on those blu-rays in the future.

[quote name='Puppet Master']For the love of god save your money I got in for free and still felt ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Actually I didn't get in for free. I had a bunch of those DMR tickets you got for entering codes for certain movies. Still wanted those 2 hours of my life back.

[quote name='anderson4145']ordered it thanks, I hope the 3d is good![/QUOTE]
Just read a review that said the 3d was terrible. Thinking about canceling my pre-order now

[quote name='Kerig']I don't know about the press, but my personal experience with the movie is this:

If the movie was called Barsoom instead of John Carter, I would have had a slight bit of interest in it before I realized it's a Sci-fi movie. I initially thought it was a movie about a guy who discovered something in early American History.

Naming a movie simply by someone's boring ho-hum name which means nothing to most people is a great way to get little to no attention from just about everyone.[/QUOTE]

I agree there. The marketing department for this one really screwed up. I honestly had no idea what the movie was about from any of the trailers. Not being familiar with the series either didn't help.

I agree with those saying the movie is NOT good. I got in with the DMR tickets and the movie was "okay" at best. I would have felt completely ripped off if I had paid for it. IMO it's something that you would have on the TV for background noise while you're doing something else. It has high production quality but the movie itself could have been made for tv. For the love of god, don't buy this movie. It's going to be $5 or $10 in a year or two.

[quote name='seether254']Worst movie ever.[/QUOTE]

Really, I find it hard believe that it could worse than any of the Twilight movies. Now, those are painfully bad.

[quote name='homerojay']Really, I find it hard believe that it could worse than any of the Twilight movies. Now, those are painfully bad.[/QUOTE]

My wife loved them. I believe all of them but one were pretty terrible. I think it was the second one (?) that was just "okay" IMO. The first one was a fucking snooze fest.

John Carter isn't bad in the same way those are bad but it's definitely not a good movie.

i was waiting for all the bad comments. didnt see it myself but what i heard was bad. I do remember reading the story by the Tarzan guy...ERB

ok... i went to watch this movie in 3D. its garbage. the 3D sucks. the movie is boring. the action is boring. i fell asleep twice. i dont know what they are saying. i dont know what it is about. its like watching tarzan combined with prince of persia combined with avatar combined with star wars and combined with stargate.

[quote name='Kerig']I don't know about the press, but my personal experience with the movie is this:

Naming a movie simply by someone's boring ho-hum name which means nothing to most people is a great way to get little to no attention from just about everyone.[/QUOTE]

The only John Carter I've known of for 30+ years is John Carter, Warlord of Mars (the title on the late 70s Marvel comic series based on the books). Hell, it was many years later before I knew it WAS based on books, but I'm not clear on what this has to do with early American History... I will agree with the title being horrid. Barsoom would have made less sense to most people (and the movie wouldn't have grossed the 200m that it did), but why the hell they didn't call it Warlord of Mars, or John Carter: Warlord of Mars, or hell, even better, Princess of Mars (assuming that is the book it is "based" on). I love the idea of a John Carter movie, but being as I've seen the trailer and the fact that they are suing Dynamite over their nude covers (which, um, I guess they missed that "public domain" part), I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess they kind of missed the point. Ok, ok, being as it's Disney, that's kind of a given, I know. Marvel turning to complete **** has more than a little to do with disney buying them.

Edit: Never mind. I hadn't seen THAT trailer. Now I know what you are talking about.

[quote name='trunks982']ok... i went to watch this movie in 3D. its garbage. the 3D sucks. the movie is boring. the action is boring. i fell asleep twice. i dont know what they are saying. i dont know what it is about. its like watching tarzan combined with prince of persia combined with avatar combined with star wars and combined with stargate.[/QUOTE]

Actually, tarzan combined with stargate is kind of close, just from about 70 years before stargate existed. No surprise it has similarities to Tarzan...

Thanks to Disney Movie Rewards I have free tickets to see it. If it weren't for my wife loving the popcorn we probably wouldn't go. Although we're suckers for mindless action movies like all of the Transformers movies. We will go this week, although I highly doubt it would be a movie I'd own.

[quote name='sdcranford']Thanks to Disney Movie Rewards I have free tickets to see it. If it weren't for my wife loving the popcorn we probably wouldn't go. Although we're suckers for mindless action movies like all of the Transformers movies. We will go this week, although I highly doubt it would be a movie I'd own.[/QUOTE]

I think the 3rd transformers movie was the best one. I haven't seen john carter yet but it's starting to seem like a real love it or hate it film. It sounds a better then The Thing (2011), since that was a nearly shot per shot remake of the first and it's a prequel movie.

[quote name='trunks982']ok... i went to watch this movie in 3D. its garbage. the 3D sucks. the movie is boring. the action is boring. i fell asleep twice. i dont know what they are saying. i dont know what it is about. its like watching tarzan combined with prince of persia combined with avatar combined with star wars and combined with stargate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blaster man']My wife loved them. I believe all of them but one were pretty terrible. I think it was the second one (?) that was just "okay" IMO. The first one was a fucking snooze fest.

John Carter isn't bad in the same way those are bad but it's definitely not a good movie.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Puppet Master']For the love of god save your money I got in for free and still felt ripped off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seether254']Worst movie ever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr.Phelps']Ditto! Actually I didn't get in for free. I had a bunch of those DMR tickets you got for entering codes for certain movies. Still wanted those 2 hours of my life back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='homerojay']Really, I find it hard believe that it could worse than any of the Twilight movies. Now, those are painfully bad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blaster man']I agree with those saying the movie is NOT good. I got in with the DMR tickets and the movie was "okay" at best. I would have felt completely ripped off if I had paid for it. IMO it's something that you would have on the TV for background noise while you're doing something else. It has high production quality but the movie itself could have been made for tv. For the love of god, don't buy this movie. It's going to be $5 or $10 in a year or two.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like it, don't order it.

lol, now Amazon has stopped sales of this and has it as "Currently Unavailable"

edit: back up, no price changes, or release date updates

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']This dropped to $29.99 now so those that locked in it when the coupon was up, you're getting it for $24.99[/QUOTE]

unless it dips down more on release week due to the beyond lackluster box office sales.

I enjoyed this movie. I went with my sister on a Sunday morning three weeks after release date. There were only five of us in the theater. It's a shame this did so terribly at the box office. I would have liked to see a sequel.

Also, I locked it in when it was $34.99 and now it's $24.99. I can dig it!

bread's done
Back