Pre-order Kid Icarus: Uprising, get 3D Classics: Kid Icarus download code on Amazon

[quote name='choral_music']Ordered.
Also - side note - I'm a sucker. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

QFT. Me too.

Do you already get the 3D classic if you are part of the Ambassador program? I thought I remember them saying that we would get the 3D upgrades for free.

[quote name='myiamoto']Do you already get the 3D classic if you are part of the Ambassador program? I thought I remember them saying that we would get the 3D upgrades for free.[/QUOTE]

Kid Icarus was not one of the ambassador program games so I dont think so.

[quote name='myiamoto']Do you already get the 3D classic if you are part of the Ambassador program? I thought I remember them saying that we would get the 3D upgrades for free.[/QUOTE]

No, you get the versions with the manual and link play.

And Kid Icarus wasn't even one of the titles.

Thanks for the heads up OP, this is an awesome pre order bonus. Definitely better than "free lame weapon dlc". Nintendo needs to step up and offer this on their Club Nintendo site if you register games.

I remember reading somewhere that they toned down the game to make it easier to play, I can't remember where but I believe it was in one of the issues of NP.

Although the original Kid Icarus is one of my favorite games ever, it is also hard as fuck and rage-inducing (thieves stealing your weapons, eggplant wizard ruining your life, falling off the platforms when you are out of feathers), and my body is not ready to play it again.

I like how this is coming out on a Friday instead of the usual Sunday releases. It's also cool that it will be my birthday as well!

they didnt tone down new kid icarus, just have the ability to make it easier. if yur talking about 3D classic kid icarus then i have no clue. im suped either way cuz i got a 3DS just for Uprising! SO this 3D classic is a VERY welcome bonus!

[quote name='dallow']I want the 3D Classic more than this game. :(

No one reads those though.[/QUOTE]

No one likes to see multiple/duplicate threads about the same topic either. I guess over 33703 views is "no one". A simple search, is all I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SKEETER']No one likes to see multiple/duplicate threads about the same topic either. I guess about 33703 views is "no one". A simple search, is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

Even if OP would have searched, I would prefer a new thread for things like this. I almost never check the stickies/"all inclusive" threads, and I would prefer that "they didn't exist. So thank-you OP, your post is appreciated.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Even if OP would have searched, I would prefer a new thread for things like this. I almost never check the stickies/"all inclusive" threads, and I would prefer that "they didn't exist. So thank-you OP, your post is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

totally agree, I hate how deals have been consolidated into massive threads. It used to not be like that and I have no idea why CAG chose to go in that direction. Sometimes it makes it a lot harder to get in on good deals before they are gone. I imagine it even costs the site a lot of referral clicks because deals just arent as visible. Whenever someone decides to make a separate thread for a good deal thats also in one of those massive other threads there are always people who say they would have missed it.

[quote name='SKEETER']No one likes to see multiple/duplicate threads about the same topic either. I guess over 33703 views is "no one". A simple search, is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

And yet whenever these deals are posted separately, everyone is thankful because they didn't know about it.

They have a ton of views because they're old and it's the same group that hang out in each of them.

I'm fine with the large threads as an index for all of that particular deal type (pre-order bonus, collectors edition, etc), but separate threads for newest deals help most.

[quote name='SKEETER']No one likes to see multiple/duplicate threads about the same topic either. I guess over 33703 views is "no one". A simple search, is all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me but last time I searched I didn't see a Kid Icarus thread so i posted it. Simple as that. No reason for you to comment here and be negative.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Is the 3d classic not going to be sold on its own?[/QUOTE]

It will be sold on its own in the eShop.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Excuse me but last time I searched I didn't see a Kid Icarus thread so i posted it. Simple as that. No reason for you to comment here and be negative.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post. I'd never look into that thread as I don't order many games so the "bonus" wouldn't apply to me if i didn't know about it.

Thanks for the heads up OP. And I agree with most here: the massive threads are nice, but I never read them either. I'd much rather have the individual deals up. Much easier than reading the massive list to see what's new randomly.

Also, has Nintendo said anything about that goofy "stand" they're including in the Japanese release (to supposedly help keep the system in the "sweet spot" while using the stylus)?

This thread helped alot of people who didn't know about this deal, including myself.

I prefer the one off threads myself but in the end what is the overall harm in posting this as it's own thread??

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks for the heads up OP. And I agree with most here: the massive threads are nice, but I never read them either. I'd much rather have the individual deals up. Much easier than reading the massive list to see what's new randomly.

Also, has Nintendo said anything about that goofy "stand" they're including in the Japanese release (to supposedly help keep the system in the "sweet spot" while using the stylus)?[/QUOTE]

The stand is going to be included in the USA and EU versions too.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']The stand is going to be included in the USA and EU versions too.[/QUOTE]
They are.

EDIT: oops, thought you were asking too!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Excuse me but last time I searched I didn't see a Kid Icarus thread so i posted it. Simple as that. No reason for you to comment here and be negative.[/QUOTE]

Look, I'm not the only one to ever point out a double post and I'm not against the people who like them, so relax.

Many times I've missed deals because they were pushed down by deal re-posts. So I empathize with others who don't check or miss the sticky threads and miss deals too.

I'm not being negative. This is in the CAG posting guidelines for various reasons, so go call CheapyD negative ok?

Oh, and to be positive: Good find OP! Thanks!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']The stand is going to be included in the USA and EU versions too.[/QUOTE]

Here is a picture for those of you scratching your heads, still upset this game won't use the circle pad pro.

annai.jpg

[quote name='SKEETER']KI:U will also work with Circle Pad Pro. Considering the stylus control scheme, this will be very helpful for the lefties ;)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/34138/kid-icarus-uprising-works-with-circle-pad-pro/[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to that, it was more along the lines of no support for dual analog, I hope they can patch the game. Under the assumption that they had enough time to implement it considering how long the rumor of the Circle Pad Pro has been around they should have.

I really want the game, but there are 4 3ds games coming out that I want in February/March, RE Revelations, MGS 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and Kid Icarus. Hopefully there will be a b2g1 or other sale to help me out.

[quote name='skiizim']I wasn't referring to that, it was more along the lines of no support for dual analog, I hope they can patch the game. Under the assumption that they had enough time to implement it considering how long the rumor of the Circle Pad Pro has been around they should have.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't directly responding to your post in particular but I apologize.

I know what you mean though, the article stated that they didn't even know about the Circle Pad from the start and also don't know if they would have implemented it in other ways had they known.

Just to let you folks on the fence know, the demo I played of KI was fantastic & this is one my most anticipated games of 2012. Controls were great, gameplay ft fast paced and unique, 3D added to the experience and I was just having fun the whole time. I really hope Nintendo releases a demo for this before launch because if they do this will be a quick million seller.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I doubt we will ever see any Nintendo Demos, I'm surprised they started doing demos in Wii Ware.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo for this almost a year ago and it was amazing. I hope they offer a demo for this in the 3DS eshop. Right now the only demos they have there are Resident Evil Revelations and Mario vs. Sonic

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I doubt we will ever see any Nintendo Demos, I'm surprised they started doing demos in Wii Ware.[/QUOTE]

There's two demos on 3DS right now. They just started doing them very recently. The demos are for the Resident Evil game and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

[quote name='utopianmachine']There's two demos on 3DS right now. They just started doing them very recently. The demos are for the Resident Evil game and the new Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.[/QUOTE]

Well color me purple, thanks! Downloading Mario & Sonic as we speak, 900 and 1000 blocks. >_

that mario and sonic demo is good, color me surprised, see thats why nintendo is smart to finally give demos, i would never have been interested in that game.

I really hope we get a kid icarus demo, at least a month before, hyped to play :D

Never played the original kid icarus...is it even worth it, 3d or not?

Bizarre that they are trying to invigorate life in a series which hasnt seen a release in 20 years

bread's done
Back