Pre-order Laugh It Up Fuzzball - Family Guy Trilogy on Blu-ray 22.99 on amazon

I paid 23 for the second br last year. It wasn't as funny as the first one. What a waste of money. I *might* just skip this release for a cheaper sale later down the road.

i was kind of tight when i bought the bluray for the 2nd one since it wasnt full screen. formatted just like on tv. lol but thats my fault for not researching like i usually do.
not bad deal for all 3 tho

Nice deal @ Target for $23. I will swing by Tuesday and snag it. My son already has the first two on Blu Ray, but since I was planning on spending $20 on the new one, I may as well spend an extra 3 bucks and get all three, in case something happens to the first two.

Yeah, as an owner of the first 2 already(loved the first, mildly amused by the second), I feel like this is shafting people who only want to buy part 3 by itself. I paid the same price for part 2 last year by itself that the trilogy is gonna cost this year. Looks like I may as well just buy the trilogy this year and try and flip my first 2 movies to somewhere. :roll:

[quote name='mrosnwo']Yeah, as an owner of the first 2 already(loved the first, mildly amused by the second), I feel like this is shafting people who only want to buy part 3 by itself. I paid the same price for part 2 last year by itself that the trilogy is gonna cost this year. Looks like I may as well just buy the trilogy this year and try and flip my first 2 movies to somewhere. :roll:[/QUOTE]

^
This is why I don't buy Blu Rays/DVDs anymore when I know something like a box set is inevitable. I won't be buying season 5 of Futurama because i know when the series comes to a close again then I'll be able to get a box set.

I always assume I'll be screwed. :D

I thought the first was very good, second was meh, and this third was somewhere in between.

Not a horrible deal, but I would feel like I was overpaying even at $23. My buy spot would probably be $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I knew a boxset was coming, but I expected a bit more of a price difference. When the single part 3 is 17.99-19.99 and all 3 are 22.99, it makes part 3 completely senseless to buy by itself. At the very least they could've shown the damn thing on TV first like they did with part 1, so I could tell if it's worth it or not. I wouldn't have jumped the gun so quick with the more lackluster part 2 had they done that as well. Kinda like how crappy movies don't subject to reviewers before release when they know it's gonna get ripped.

I preordered this a while ago. My set is ready to ship and still charging me $28. So I shot them an email and got this response:

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy [Blu-ray]" . I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $5.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

Oh, gee, Amazon. Thanks you so very, very much for changing the price. Woow, thanks for that HUGE favor.

Seriously though... what the hell. The set doesn't come out until Tuesday and it's a "post-order"? If it's 2 days before the release I thought it was still PRE-order... ya know... BEFORE it's out.

They changed it so it's all good, but that email sorta irked me.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Nice deal @ Target for $23. I will swing by Tuesday and snag it. My son already has the first two on Blu Ray, but since I was planning on spending $20 on the new one, I may as well spend an extra 3 bucks and get all three, in case something happens to the first two.[/QUOTE]

Huh? The first one never came out on :br:.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']I preordered this a while ago. My set is ready to ship and still charging me $28. So I shot them an email and got this response:

Oh, gee, Amazon. Thanks you so very, very much for changing the price. Woow, thanks for that HUGE favor.

Seriously though... what the hell. The set doesn't come out until Tuesday and it's a "post-order"? If it's 2 days before the release I thought it was still PRE-order... ya know... BEFORE it's out.

They changed it so it's all good, but that email sorta irked me.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think that message is a generic response for when they adjust a price due to an inquiry. I'm pretty sure that was what I received verbatim; I had that same e-mail one day AFTER I received an item.

I might just rent the third one and buy the box set once it gets to be either $20 or below. I wish I hadn't bought the other two already. I even bought the SE of Blue Harvest, however much THAT was way back when.

[quote name='takotchi']Huh? The first one never came out on :br:.[/QUOTE]

Must be the DVD I just got him then. Like I said, they are for my son, not for me.

For anyone that received this, did the movies come in their own separate cases with slip covers? If so, was each each separate movie factory sealed? thanks

[quote name='bizman316']For anyone that received this, did the movies come in their own separate cases with slip covers? If so, was each each separate movie factory sealed? thanks[/QUOTE]Each movie comes in its on BD case, though they're not individually shrinkwrapped. Only the outer cardboard slipcover for all three movies was shrinkwrapped.

[quote name='bizman316']For anyone that received this, did the movies come in their own separate cases with slip covers? If so, was each each separate movie factory sealed? thanks[/QUOTE]

They come in their own separate plastic cases, but they are not individually sealed. I think the 2nd movie is just the retail version with a sticker over the barcode.

By the way, the first movie is NOT in HD. It's the same old transfer as the DVD, just upscaled. :cry:

[quote name='takotchi']They come in their own separate plastic cases, but they are not individually sealed. I think the 2nd movie is just the retail version with a sticker over the barcode.

By the way, the first movie is NOT in HD. It's the same old transfer as the DVD, just upscaled. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Wow that is really lame. It should be in HD.

[quote name='takotchi']By the way, the first movie is NOT in HD. It's the same old transfer as the DVD, just upscaled. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I assumed this would be the case. Thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='takotchi']By the way, the first movie is NOT in HD. It's the same old transfer as the DVD, just upscaled. :cry:[/QUOTE]I was expecting that it would be upscaled since the original source was 480i. Family Guy didn't switch to HD until after the first special had been done.

Price-wise, this is the best way to get the 2nd and 3rd in HD and the 1st in some form.

I'm tempted to buy this, but at the same time, I dunno. The price is definitely right, but for some reason I just can't pull the trigger.

bread's done
Back