Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys need to chill out. He's posting a deal, if he doesn't honor them then we will take action. Don't jump the gun just because he's a new poster to CAG and such.

My only concern is how he makes profit off of a game $17-$20 less then the retail value? Regardless I am considering pre-ordering Mass Effect with a deal like this.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']
My only concern is how he makes profit off of a game $17-$20 less then the retail value? Regardless I am considering pre-ordering Mass Effect with a deal like this.[/quote]

The likely answer is he doesn't, while prices stay this low as the web presence is built up. The profit comes from gaining a satisfied customer who can spread word of the business and provide another avenue for him to obtain and sell used games. Eventually prices may come up to merely competitive prices but if you have an easy avenue to gain store credit and use that and still save money, with previous good experience, that's where the gold is for both consumer and business.

This is what it comes down to:

Tony is trying to jumpstart his business by making markdowns and LOSING money on the sale. Should be pretty obvious in the video game business as even the consoles are sold this way. People who don't trust it, don't buy anything. Just wait. I neither trust nor distrust this person, but I won't be buying any of these anytime soon because:

1. It's too early for these games.
2. Let's wait and see what happens.
3. There are other CAGs that are already giving it a try.
4. I like to hold onto my money as long as possible.

I actually think these preorder deals should be conducted a little closer to release date or separately even. It would cause less of a commotion. Plus, an online business takes time. You can't really jump in with both feet and expect not to get wet. Slowly build the customer base one preorder at a time and then all of a sudden everyone will jump on board because they won't want to miss the next cheap preorder. Then you'll finally have the customers you want.

Just another suggestion for you, Tony.

Oh, and if I owned and operated an "independent" store. I wouldn't give a crap about what the BBB said about me. The BBB is made for large corporations as an outlet for angry customers that have had a bad day. If you work in retail, you'd know these customers are usually the stupidest people in the world.

[quote name='NC-17']The likely answer is he doesn't, while prices stay this low as the web presence is built up. The profit comes from gaining a satisfied customer who can spread word of the business and provide another avenue for him to obtain and sell used games. Eventually prices may come up to merely competitive prices but if you have an easy avenue to gain store credit and use that and still save money, with previous good experience, that's where the gold is for both consumer and business.[/QUOTE]

If thats the truth, whos to say me and other CAGers won't just buy his ultra cheap new games and avoid his other items sold? I mean, I'm only in it for a game that is gonna save me $15 or so, and don't plan on buying from the site unless he has deals. This is cheapassgamer.com after all. I've been making my purchases to save me money since day one of CAG.The few exceptions being Bioware games, Final Fantasy 6, Capcom games and of course Halo. But now that there are deals for those games, looks like the gaming industry is going down because of me ;)

Edit: I don't buy every game on sale, but more then 80% of my collection is thansk to those games being on sale. I think you guys get the point.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']My only concern is how he makes profit off of a game $17-$20 less then the retail value? Regardless I am considering pre-ordering Mass Effect with a deal like this.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it is a concern of yours how someone else chooses to run their business, but that's just me.

Those who complain, if you don't feel comfortable then don't order. It's just that simple.

NC-17 your post is number 101. If everyone thought like you this thread would probably be only 50 post long. :lol:

Loaded. You also have some very good business sense also. I just want you to keep a few things in mind. Bioshock may be coming June 1st. That means I neeed to have my orders in to my distributor around May 1st. That really only gives me about 10 weeks to sell the product, figure out my order, and guess how many sales I will get in the last month, between the pre-order date and the release date. Halo is still pretty far away, but how many orders a day are getting placed with Best Buy, EB Games, and other major retailers. There are many people buying the game now. If I am not offering it, I don't have a chance for that customer. The other thing to keep in mind is that these specials can get pulled at any time. My crackdown price will probably go up $5.00 after Tuesday. I want gamers to know I will give you incentive to pre-order. Pre-ordering also give people time to mail in trades to me. I wouldn't have time to conduct this deal with Graw 2.

Monsta Mack, I got a good chuckle after reading your last post. My wife and I were discussing this subject about 20 minutes before you posted it. :).

He might not make a ton of money on these sales, but as stated, we're a fiercely loyal bunch and if he delivers this time, we'll trust him next time and route- proabably a ton of business- his way. I know I'll recommend him to everyone.

[quote name='abhinav']Just checking but is it safe to order from this place? Seems like a fantastic deal but i just don't want to loose $40[/QUOTE]

Check posts 1-106 for your answer.

As for me, I'm generally skeptical of prices that are too good to be true, but I understand the business model that Lion Games is trying to set up here.

I hope they are a legit company and prove to be invaluable to CAGs, but I'm not jumping in with two feet yet for a variety of reasons.

Good luck to Lion Games as we are always looking for reliable places to get games cheap. Don't screw us though or there will be a lot of Hell to pay. :)

Well your right. I'm going to wait on Mass Effect and see how other peoples Crackdown orders go through. Once he receives some postive feedback I'm going to put some orders through probably.

I want to order...but this is just too good to be true, regardless of the reassurance we're getting.

Well I think I can trust them, but I wouldnt pre-order games we know nothing about yet (GTA IV) and Crackdown is 50 with the Gamepro coupon and no shipping, but that halo at 40 deal looks delectable.

Seems like a legit business and I support it. Still a little too far off to pre order any of those games but Bishock is the only one I'm looking forward to on the list. I'm not a fan of Bioware's games at all. I'll throw in a Bioshock Pre Order when it comes closer.

[quote name='Edwin']Are some of you blind or something? I'll just repost again.

[/QUOTE]

Being a CAG for almost four years I've seen alot of deals come and go, and I visit these forums daily. We are not BLIND. We are waiting for further confirmation before we put in further trust, and linking us to other sites is not helping the cause. We need confirmation from other vets/regulars, and It's going to take quite a few CAGers with karma, noteably Cheapy or Shipwreck or someone along those lines to put their seal of approval on this topic... then I'll dip. Call me stubborn but I can't swim in a deep pond alone.

[quote name='Edwin']So myself, with a little bit less than three years is worth nothing? I may not be as active here as I am at GWJ but doesn't mean I don't look out for best interest of everyone.

edit: Since you live in CT, why not just go and meet Tony from Liongames and see his retail shop? Shouldn't be that far from you.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...41.47566,-73.33374&spn=1.452827,3.669434&om=1[/QUOTE]

That's quite a drive from Greenwich just to verify that - I live 15 minutes west of Greenwich myself and it's still not a drive I'd consider.

I would consider Edwin and Monsta both CAG Veterans. The last thing I would want here is for a couple of outstanding members of this forum to have words over my business. Time itself will make all these doubts go away.

Buya89, I really don't know how long these deals will last yet. I want to sell a certain number and then analyze the data. I will need to judge the quality of the customer, see how many used games get traded in , what else the customers are buying, and other stuff like that. Here are some retail thoughts I have had in the past. I use to put coupons in the paper for a rent one get one free coupon every week. What happen was people got use to getting them in the paper all the time. Eventually they thought rent one get one free was my price, and there was never an urgency to even use the coupon. They would also never just rent one movie. Sometimes too good of a deal can be counter productive if it last too long. In this case $39.99 is not anywhere near a normal price for these games. The question is will I pull one of these games, or all of these off the market at some point. I really don't know yet. I really do think it is important to train my customers to order early. It helps make my job easier. Dvd empire said the distribution in this business is a bit messed up. They aren't lying! The other thing you have to consider is $10 bucks guarantees your game and your price. If people aren't willing to part with $10 dollars for a deal like this, then there probably isn't much I can do if you lose it because of waiting to long.
I took the Halo 3 Legendary edition off the market today. The other two Halo 3 editions are still available.

Monsta I get more worried in life when I am not swimming in the deep pond alone. I think it is much easier in life to get ahead when your not following the herd. I feel when you travel in the herd you really can't achieve more then anyone that is in the herd with you. Traveling in the herd is safe but sometimes not productive. I also wouldn't consider laying out 10 bucks for a video game swimming in a deep pond. I would consider it more or less like stepping in a puddle. LOL I am not saying my thinking is right, or yours is wrong, it just a little food for thought, and just proves the different strokes for different folks theory.

[quote name='liongames']I would consider Edwin and Monsta both CAG Veterans. The last thing I would want here is for a couple of outstanding members of this forum to have words over my business. Time itself will make all these doubts go away.

Buya89, I really don't know how long these deals will last yet. I want to sell a certain number and then analyze the data. I will need to judge the quality of the customer, see how many used games get traded in , what else the customers are buying, and other stuff like that. Here are some retail thoughts I have had in the past. I use to put coupons in the paper for a rent one get one free coupon every week. What happen was people got use to getting them in the paper all the time. Eventually they thought rent one get one free was my price, and there was never an urgency to even use the coupon. They would also never just rent one movie. Sometimes too good of a deal can be counter productive if it last too long. In this case $39.99 is not anywhere near a normal price for these games. The question is will I pull one of these games, or all of these off the market at some point. I really don't know yet. I really do think it is important to train my customers to order early. It helps make my job easier. Dvd empire said the distribution in this business is a bit messed up. They aren't lying! The other thing you have to consider is $10 bucks guarantees your game and your price. If people aren't willing to part with $10 dollars for a deal like this, then there probably isn't much I can do if you lose it because of waiting to long.
I took the Halo 3 Legendary edition off the market today. The other two Halo 3 editions are still available.

Monsta I get more worried in life when I am not swimming in the deep pond alone. I think it is much easier in life to get ahead when your not following the herd. I feel when you travel in the herd you really can't achieve more then anyone that is in the herd with you. Traveling in the herd is safe but sometimes not productive. I also wouldn't consider laying out 10 bucks for a video game swimming in a deep pond. I would consider it more or less like stepping in a puddle. LOL I am not saying my thinking is right, or yours is wrong, it just a little food for thought, and just proves the different strokes for different folks theory.[/QUOTE]

wait, you only had to put down 10 dollars for a preorder? not the full amount? what are people bitching about then?
err oh yeah 1 more thing, on the checkout it'd be nice if the
Choose A Password:
For future purchases
field filled in with *'s instead of the actual words :)

Hell if I know.

Shit hits the fan (and it won't, my copy of Lost Planet came from Lion Games) dispute the charges on the card.

Tony has my business and almost everyone else at GamersWithJobs.com forums.

I'm giving them a try. I just placed an order for Mass Effect. Shipping came to an additional $5, so a grand total of $44.99 for a game I was definitely going to pick up anyway.

Here's hoping everything goes as advertised! If all goes well, I'm definitely going to be adding Liongames to my favorite sellers list.

Anyone else tired of hearing this guy's sales pitch?

I mean, jesus, it's a decent deal, quite trying to convince everyone and let the service speak for itself. You're making yourself sound desperate.

Well I just bit the bullet and paid off Mass Effect and Bioshock, now lets see if this actually works out.

This is Lionsgames time to shine, or die off into obscurity. Make or break!

Looks like they accept Paypal... I am going to lay down the full amount for Mass Effect and $10 for GTA IV and get $15 off. Mass Effect for ~$25 is delightfully tasty!

Good luck to all those that are giving it a shot. Looks like the amazing low low price of Halo 3 Legendary for $80 is sold out. I'll stick with my $100 pre-order from an established site.

I don't know if it's a "scam" per say but for an e-tailer running a start-up e-business he seems to be on CAG an awful lot defending his prices. Who knows how many other sites he may be doing to same. After DVDEmpire came out with how only major retailers are able to pull profits in the gaming biz and how a no name company with a hideous web layout is offering new releases at $20+ less than MSRP, it's hard to accept it's validity.

Hopefully Crackdown is handled well being it seems everyone will be risking their $10 deposit on how that game is handled. It's strange that these prices are too good to be true but no one, at least from reading this post, purchased anything from there before.

Good luck to all biting.... =)

darn....i was hoping the legendary edition would still be available once people start giving more feedback..looks like i missed out on one deal.... possibly....
Good luck Tony

yeah too bad on the Halo 3 Leg Ed. since I had my mind set to order that this week if people received their Crackdowns in good shape.

Well, guess I'll show some good faith. I put down $10 each on Mass Effect and Bioshock. GTA is soooo far off, plus I think I'll be able to get a good deal for that...black friday maybe.

I've pretty much been defending you Tony! Try to ship my games 3 days in advance of street date if you could. I'm in CA so it'll take at least that long.

Order #1352

I'm in with a deposit on Bioshock. liongames, as a heads up the receipt I received include the following for a contact number: XXX-XXX-XXXX. That looks a little shady -- I'd suggest either not including a phone number at all if that's your intent or updating the receipt to give whatever number you'd like folks to call with questions.

Looking forward to playing some Bioshock in June!

[quote name='Zoglog']wait, you only had to put down 10 dollars for a preorder? not the full amount? what are people bitching about then?
err oh yeah 1 more thing, on the checkout it'd be nice if the
Choose A Password:
For future purchases
field filled in with *'s instead of the actual words :)[/quote]
Yeah I just figured that out, im in for mass effect. But i dont know if I want BioShock for PC or 360 so Im holding out for that.

[quote name='dfo']I'm in with a deposit on Bioshock. liongames, as a heads up the receipt I received include the following for a contact number: XXX-XXX-XXXX. That looks a little shady -- I'd suggest either not including a phone number at all if that's your intent or updating the receipt to give whatever number you'd like folks to call with questions.

Looking forward to playing some Bioshock in June![/quote]

His number is posted under Contact Us in Company Info.

I'm pretty sure he's super busy today trying to get the Crackdowns packaged and shipped. I doubt he has a lot of employees for this startup so he's probably trying to use some of his video store employees to help out which at the most is probably 1 or 2 people at a time.

Hopefully by tomorrow we'll hear some shipments coming in from at least the people around lion games' area.

ill be order halo and GTA.

i have no worries tho.

im gonna trade my games in with in the next few days too. once again i have NO Worries what so ever

You sound almost too confident.

I have a couple games I'm planning to trade in as well, because the value is worth the shipping compared to EB, but only once I know what is happening with my Crackdown order :)

Having said that I have already paid in full for 5 games so far from them.

[quote name='razor_crazed']ill be order halo and GTA.

i have no worries tho.

im gonna trade my games in with in the next few days too. once again i have NO Worries what so ever[/quote]

[quote name='NC-17']You sound almost too confident.

I have a couple games I'm planning to trade in as well, because the value is worth the shipping compared to EB, but only once I know what is happening with my Crackdown order :)

Having said that I have already paid in full for 5 games so far from them.[/quote]

Wow you are braver than I Crackdown is enough until I see it shipped and have it in my hands. Once I have it I might consider ordering 4 other games all the specials if they still have. No word yet on the Crackdown, he needs an automatically updating website that shows the item shipped once its out the door. I figure hes still packing all the orders and will take them to post at the same time or drop them in a post box{hope not} hope he takes them or has special mail pickup.

I just got back from the post office a few minutes ago. I will be updating the order status over the next few hours. Please remember the delivery confirmation number is not a real time tracking number. The post office updates these once a day. So you can go to USPS.com tommorow and see what date and time I mailed your package.

There is an order status you can check on the web, which includes shipping status, but I'm not sure how or when it gets updated.

I have no qualms buying from this place; the site has passed my fraud-meter for purchasing risk. Besides, that is what paypal and credit cards are good for :) Sending games, on the other hand...

[quote name='tightclaws']Wow you are braver than I Crackdown is enough until I see it shipped and have it in my hands. Once I have it I might consider ordering 4 other games all the specials if they still have. No word yet on the Crackdown, he needs an automatically updating website that shows the item shipped once its out the door. I figure hes still packing all the orders and will take them to post at the same time or drop them in a post box{hope not} hope he takes them or has special mail pickup.[/quote]

[quote name='NC-17']You sound almost too confident.

Having said that I have already paid in full for 5 games so far from them.[/quote]

i have faith in people.

ive been screwed outta money before, but i also have found great buys and stuff by having faith in people

[quote name='liongames']I just got back from the post office a few minutes ago. I will be updating the order status over the next few hours. Please remember the delivery confirmation number is not a real time tracking number. The post office updates these once a day. So you can go to USPS.com tommorow and see what date and time I mailed your package.[/quote]

Hey thanks Tony so far you have been real good about reading and responding here. I figured thats how it went, I was not going to email you just yet. I'm sure you need some time to catch you're breath. I will check the site later to see if shows shipped.

I didn't order crackdown(not my type of game), but I just bought several other games from him on friday(pretty late at night). They came today, as promised, and they are in GREAT condition. Two of them were used, and came perfect, not even the smallest of scratch. So far, this has been the best ordering experience I have had. I wasn't expecting them till wednesday because of the holiday on monday and I do live several states away. I had originaly ordered three used games, but he emailed me and told me there was a slight problem, one of the games wasn't available used anymore so he sent me a new copy. Not to sound like a commercial, but I have found a new place to buy games from. I would much rather buy from a small store then bestbuy/eb/gamestop. I plan on telling all my friends how great the service was. Well thats my two-cents, I preordered from him, I was waiting to see, I kinda even thought scam, so I tried a couple used games I had been wanting anyways, and he came through with flying colors.:D

[quote name='jpbumich']I didn't order crackdown(not my type of game), but I just bought several other games from him on friday(pretty late at night). They came today, as promised, and they are in GREAT condition. Two of them were used, and came perfect, not even the smallest of scratch. So far, this has been the best ordering experience I have had. I wasn't expecting them till wednesday because of the holiday on monday and I do live several states away. I had originaly ordered three used games, but he emailed me and told me there was a slight problem, one of the games wasn't available used anymore so he sent me a new copy. Not to sound like a commercial, but I have found a new place to buy games from. I would much rather buy from a small store then bestbuy/eb/gamestop. I plan on telling all my friends how great the service was. Well thats my two-cents, I preordered from him, I was waiting to see, I kinda even thought scam, so I tried a couple used games I had been wanting anyways, and he came through with flying colors.:D[/quote]

:D:D:D that is really good to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back