Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to order Mass Effect and Bioshock, but I'm kinda wondering what if they decide to also release a Collectors/Limited Edition version. Would I be able to transfer over my payment toward that?

[quote name='nharmon91']Do they/ you offer refunds if I want to cancel my preorder deposit.[/QUOTE]

He answered that one on page 2 post #27

[quote name='liongames']Your preorder is guaranteed and you can get your money back at any time by just emailing me. I could then give your store credit, paypal you or send you a check. I cant credit your credit card because I don't have your credit card info, only paypal does.[/QUOTE]

Great news! I got the confirmation email from Lion games saying the game Crackdown has shipped also his website now reflects it. I'm close to pulling the trigger on 4 more games. I just want to wait until I have Crackdown in hand. I hope the specials are still available.

One question I have is why no deposit option on Halo 3? I don't want to pay off the whole game so long before it ships. It might even get pushed back into 2008. I would say you should have the depositr option on any game that is more than a month away or at least two months.

I don't have the time to read through the entire thread but has anyone else made a PayPal order with the hopes of getting the $15 back? I'd want to preorder Mass Effect, and, I suppose, pay in full to get the PayPal rebate. I've been struggling to figure out where to use that rebate, and this would be a good option, if it works.

Issues:
1) I assume you are charged right away so that it will qualify in the time period needed for the PayPal rebate?
2) Is there any reason why this site wouldn't qualify for that promo, however?
3) Of course, like others, I'm worried about dropping a fully-paid for preorder (even at a discount) for a game that may not be out till much later from an unproven web site. He says 5/22 for Mass Effect, as does EB Games. But I thought there had yet to be an announced release date for it? It seems like it could be pushed off till the Fall. And of course, by then (even by May, actually) it is way too late to file any kind of PayPal dispute if the web site folds.

Has anyone else done this? I'm hesitant in that not only is the PayPal rebate itself YMMV (many people got stiffed out of the last one in Dec), but, of course, there are the worries about this new site.

On the other hand, $30 shipped (after PayPal rebate) for a game like Mass Effect is a great deal!

[quote name='io']I don't have the time to read through the entire thread but has anyone else made a PayPal order with the hopes of getting the $15 back? I'd want to preorder Mass Effect, and, I suppose, pay in full to get the PayPal rebate. I've been struggling to figure out where to use that rebate, and this would be a good option, if it works.

Issues:
1) I assume you are charged right away so that it will qualify in the time period needed for the PayPal rebate?
3) Of course, like others, I'm worried about dropping a fully-paid for preorder (even at a discount) for a game that may not be out till much later from an unproven web site. He says 5/22 for Mass Effect, as does EB Games. But I thought there had yet to be an announced release date for it? It seems like it could be pushed off till the Fall. And of course, by then (even by May, actually) it is way too late to file any kind of PayPal dispute if the web site folds.

Has anyone else done this? I'm hesitant in that not only is the PayPal rebate itself YMMV (many people got stiffed out of the last one in Dec), but, of course, there are the worries about this new site.

On the other hand, $30 shipped (after PayPal rebate) for a game like Mass Effect is a great deal![/quote]

I dont know if it works because the deal only applies to certain retailers and he may not be one of them. You should PM him.

[quote name='io']I don't have the time to read through the entire thread but has anyone else made a PayPal order with the hopes of getting the $15 back? I'd want to preorder Mass Effect, and, I suppose, pay in full to get the PayPal rebate. I've been struggling to figure out where to use that rebate, and this would be a good option, if it works.

Issues:

On the other hand, $30 shipped (after PayPal rebate) for a game like Mass Effect is a great deal![/quote]

The paypal rebate does not work with my website.

[quote name='tightclaws']One question I have is why no deposit option on Halo 3? I don't want to pay off the whole game so long before it ships. It might even get pushed back into 2008. I would say you should have the depositr option on any game that is more than a month away or at least two months.[/quote]

All my games from now on will have the option for deposits if they are on special, and are pretty far off. I don't want to change the halo 3 deal midstream, because it won't be fair to all the customers that already bit the bullet and paid upfront.

[quote name='AfroPig']I want to order Mass Effect and Bioshock, but I'm kinda wondering what if they decide to also release a Collectors/Limited Edition version. Would I be able to transfer over my payment toward that?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that very same thing, so I sent Tony an e-mail. Here was his response...

[quote name='Tony'] Anyway your deposits are fully refundable at any time. If collectors editions are announced we can judge the situation when it arises. I am big on customer service so i imagine we can work something on in the way of a deal. what difference does it make to me if I give you 20 bucks off one edition or the other? Have a great night.[/Quote]

I think I'm going to put in an order for Mass Effect and Bioshock tonight.

[quote name='A7las']I was wondering that very same thing, so I sent Tony an e-mail. Here was his response...

I think I'm going to put in an order for Mass Effect and Bioshock tonight.[/quote]

I put my order in for those two tonight after I saw my Crackdown was accepted by the Post and on its way. Halo 3 and GTA IV are just too far off to think about at this time.

[quote name='tightclaws']Halo 3 and GTA IV are just too far off to think about at this time.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Plus, I want to see a comparison between the PS3 and 360 versions of GTA IV before I make my purchase.

I also took the plunge for Mass Affect and Bioshock. It made it a little easier with just the 10 deposit.

I did put the deposits down for BS and ME, but the paypal express checkout had some issue with submitting my address correctly.

Also... $10 each seemed like a reasonable risk to potentially save $20 each

I took the plunge on Mass Effect and Bioshock. Hopefully shipping is speedy. I preordered Crackdown from another online retailer and it actually arrive at my door yesterday. I wish Lion Games would do that.

Also, for those who preordered Crackdown from Lion Games, do they send you a reminder to pay off the balance or am I on my own to remember?

I think these are the first three games that they're offering a deposit option on (it used to be pay in full), and Tony mentioned somewhere that a reminder would be sent.

I know this preorder is way in advance. But are you going to limit the number? It seems like potential you could end up with more preorders than the number of copies alloted to your store.

Ahah, but you see he uses the early preorders to judge how many copies to order. Earlier he states somewhere that his distributor expects numbers up to a month before a game's release. He can use the demand now to extrapolate results for the month after the order with the vendor, and so on, which helps reduce his costs on unsold merchandise and perhaps vendor shipping fees?

Having said that I'm not sure what his order limits are but if you get in early of course I'd imagine it's not an issue :)

[quote name='Indiana']I know this preorder is way in advance. But are you going to limit the number? It seems like potential you could end up with more preorders than the number of copies alloted to your store.[/quote]

lets say you buy 4 $60 games at CC and use a $40off 199 coupon floating around all the time. then that way you will for sure get the game. the coupon works at BB too cause of PM. a little bit more in price but major BM store works out for most while online order is still a maybe untill everyone gets their orders in the mail.

just a thought...

I went ahead and ordered Mass Effect and Bioshock yesterday.

You're hurting my wallet, with these two and Halo 3 Legendary Edition ;)

[quote name='ogbaka']lets say you buy 4 $60 games at CC and use a $40off 199 coupon floating around all the time. then that way you will for sure get the game. the coupon works at BB too cause of PM. a little bit more in price but major BM store works out for most while online order is still a maybe untill everyone gets their orders in the mail.

just a thought...[/quote]

Unfortunately, the only games I'm willing to buy all have release dates month apart each so this wouldn't work for me.

[quote name='rly723']so u dont pay full for preorders here? how much is the deposit?[/quote] you can either pay full or deposit, deposit=$10

Ok, I have done it, i reserved Mass Effect :) I only placed the $10 deposit, and it'll stay that way until there is much more feedback, but i have guaranteed myself a copy if it's all legit :)
Here's hoping! You have some of my trust Tony, please be worthy of it!

So has anyone received their preorder of Crackdown? they went out yesterday, right?

Not that I don't trust Tony, but everyone here late yesterday was talking about their orders marked as shipped. Any received it yet?

And also, how is it that Resistance Fall of Man is not available under PS3? There are also listings for games but no way to order them - i.e. Capcom Collection Vol. 2 for Xbox. I may just pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PS3.

I don't know why this thread is so interesting to me even after I preordered my both games (sans GTA). It is kind of annoying that everyone is asking the same questions over and over. I would advise people to look at the website and read the first few pages of this thread as it answers almost all questions about the preorders.

Oh, and Halo 3 is definitely Fall 2007. I saw an official poster released by Bungie/Microsoft stating release time. I think the latest trailer/demo movie for Bioshock also noted first half of 07 (probably the 14 minute one). I couldn't find any solid dates/times on Mass Effect, but I'm assuming it should be correct. I don't think they would want to risk releasing during "summer drought" and afterwards people will be waiting for Halo 3 and GTA.

[quote name='Hyena1021']Since people wanted to know if anyone who preoreded got their copy of Crackdown I got mine today.[/quote]

:applause:

And behold, the CAG floodgates opened, and Tony received orders beyond his wildest imagining.

Well...maybe. Many of those games available for preorder at terrific prices are still months off, and a lot can happen in the interim...like a site being financially forced to shuit it down, for example. Go ahead and cue up the "Debbie Downer" wah trumpet riff, if it makes you feel better.

Unless you're willing to buy the same-SKUed Halo 3 on Launch Day at retail and return the one you get in the mail to the B&M store, you do realize that you're going to have to wait at least a couple extra days, don't you?* In my experience, that's not something your average Master Chief wannabe is willing to do, regardless of the savings 'upside'.

*--I mean, seriously, that's, what, two playthroughs on Single Player and about a day straight of online multiplayer and leveling up gone?

For me that's worth $20. I usually have other games I need to be finishing in the interim anyway. What do I care if some other punk gets a couple days headstart. That's only so many hours I would have lost anyway; I have other things to do than play new releases 8hrs a day.

Hmm that sounded harsher than I wanted it to... :roll:

I guess I'm just not a Master Chief wannabe. ;)

[quote name='jollydwarf']Unless you're willing to buy the same-SKUed Halo 3 on Launch Day at retail and return the one you get in the mail to the B&M store, you do realize that you're going to have to wait at least a couple extra days, don't you?* In my experience, that's not something your average Master Chief wannabe is willing to do, regardless of the savings 'upside'.

*--I mean, seriously, that's, what, two playthroughs on Single Player and about a day straight of online multiplayer and leveling up gone?[/quote]

Fair enough, but for many (not necessarily me), this game will be their Revenge of the Sith, their Deathly Hallows, i.e. the end of a storyline that by the time November rolls around, they'll be bursting at the seams in anticipation to play, to find out how it unfolds.

They'll also fear having the surprises spoiled online within scant hours of release, and rightfully so there. I know I'm going to avoid anything online that's game-related within 48 hours of the game's release until I beat it (save maybe the gamerankings.com front page or buying something through online retail).

Hey, the Halo kids are a fervent, deranged bunch. I have to assume many of the fans here fit squarely into that category whether they (ahem) want to admit to it or not.

Well I suppose it's like any game really. Some fans or people who are really interested will buy it retail or at ebgames with credit or something on the street date so as not to miss out on something. Some will give up a few days for a better deal. Just the way things are :)

[quote name='jollydwarf']Fair enough, but for many (not necessarily me), this game will be their Revenge of the Sith, their Deathly Hallows, i.e. the end of a storyline that by the time November rolls around, they'll be bursting at the seams in anticipation to play, to find out how it unfolds.

They'll also fear having the surprises spoiled online within scant hours of release, and rightfully so there. I know I'm going to avoid anything online that's game-related within 48 hours of the game's release until I beat it (save maybe the gamerankings.com front page or buying something through online retail).

Hey, the Halo kids are a fervent, deranged bunch. I have to assume many of the fans here fit squarely into that category whether they (ahem) want to admit to it or not.[/quote]

I say get the halo novels to tide you over. There's a fairly new one out I read through pretty quickly called Ghosts of Onyx. That Eric Nylund guy is a great writer. Don't bother with the 2nd book in the series as it's written by some other guy and it's a straight story recap about Halo 1.

Now I just hope the movie actually makes it. It's supposed to have been written by Eric Nylund too. Hell, get square-enix to make it out of the same engine used for Advent Children if Hollywood is too stuck up. That would be awesome.

I guess this means that there may be less and less great preorder deals once everyone is on board. Oh well, I hope the used games and Lion Games are a better deal than the measly ~$5 or so at EBGamestop.

Halo is not my be all or end all franchise. 1st one was great. Second one was meh with the worst ending possible. I didn't get high speed until after I traded off both games, so I'm going to be coming in as a n00b to MP anyway. Doesn't matter to me at all.

And 20.00 ain't chump change. I'm CAG through and through.

Well I emailed Liongames 36 hours ago and still no response...So much for the "super fast personal email responses " from Tony everyone had been raving about.Not that 36hrs (and counting) is an unheard of wait time to hear from a e-store,but the way people were posting made it seem like he answered them in 10 minutes or something.

Oh and 1 or 2 playthroughs in 2 days? I'm guessing you're not employed/married/have kids/know how to moderate your gaming.

Dude, back off. That was a half-joke jab at the guys that will be lining up for the inevitable Midnight Launch hysteria. And they are Legion. Not speaking for myself there, not by a longshot. But you've gotta love how quickly people on these kinds of boards are just looking for the opportunity, by any distorted means necessary, to get a shot in at someone else's words, to make themselves feel superior.

Preemptive response: apology not accepted.

EDIT: Oh, and you can edit/addendum your previous post, as opposed to posting back-to-back in the span of a minute. But post count, that's another 'pissing contest' measuring stick, right?

I have had much better response time than that. Have you tried a follow up? Gotta love spam filters... if that's the issue, anyway.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Well I emailed Liongames 36 hours ago and still no response...So much for the "super fast personal email responses " from Tony everyone had been raving about.Not that 36hrs (and counting) is an unheard of wait time to hear from a e-store,but the way people were posting made it seem like he answered them in 10 minutes or something.[/quote]

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Well I emailed Liongames 36 hours ago and still no response...So much for the "super fast personal email responses " from Tony everyone had been raving about.Not that 36hrs (and counting) is an unheard of wait time to hear from a e-store,but the way people were posting made it seem like he answered them in 10 minutes or something.[/quote]

I Don't think I got your email. What email address did you send it to. [email protected] is the one I check the most often. Please resend.

By any chance are you the one whi asked me about DDR. I did reply to that email yesterday morning and it got bounced back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back