Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jollydwarf']blah blah blah[/quote]

Dish out the jokes but don't comprehend them when they're incoming?

Oh and you're right, I'm totally trying pad my .40 ppd. Right on the money again, JD! :ziplip:

Sound like things are going well here. Tony at liongames I will be pre-ordering Mass Effect. Keep up the good work and congrats on all these orders:applause:

As far as e-mail responses are concerned, I sent Tony an e-mail on a Sunday afternoon and he replied within 4 hours. I definitely wasn't expecting a response on a weekend so I was impressed by that.

[quote name='liongames']By any chance are you the one whi asked me about DDR. I did reply to that email yesterday morning and it got bounced back to me.[/quote]

I sent to the email that you posted on here (since its the only one I saw listed on your site).Maybe it went to your spam since I sent via an aol email addy.I wasn't the one who asked about DDR but I will re-send my email.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I sent to the email that you posted on here (since its the only one I saw listed on your site).Maybe it went to your spam since I sent via an aol email addy.I wasn't the one who asked about DDR but I will re-send my email.[/quote]

I saw your original email in my inbox dated Wednesday 2/21 at 12:55 am. I show a reply in my sent box at 1:13 am. So I answered your original email in 18 minutes at 1 o'clock in the morning. :) I just replied to your follow up email. Please let me know if you got it.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I sent to the email that you posted on here (since its the only one I saw listed on your site).Maybe it went to your spam since I sent via an aol email addy.I wasn't the one who asked about DDR but I will re-send my email.[/quote]

here is the original response

From: "Lion Games" Date:Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:13 AMTo:Subject:re: A fellower CAGer with a pre-order questionAttachments:(none) HTML | Plain Text | Header | Raw Content
spacer.gif
xxxxx, How are you? It goes without question if you wanted to move your deposit to get the other editions. The other thing to keep in mind if you ever changed your mind for any reason. I Wouldn't want your money for nothing so i would refund your deposit without any questions asked. As you can probably tell I am a really easy person to get along with. Thanks for your question. I am heading to bed. It is 1:12 Am. Talk Soon!

Tony

Thanks for the quick response Tony.After finding out paypal only buyer protects for 45days (and these games are much further than 45days away) I'm about hesitant to pull the trigger.I'll wait aibt more to see how the crackdown pre-orders went...

Speaking of which,anyone care to post if they have gotten the game? I've only seen two people post that they have recieved so far and I'm sure more than that have pre-ordered it.So either they haven't recieved or didnt post here...Please update us CAGers

I know I'm new to these boards and my word doesnt mean a whole lot but I've been following this topic since the beginning and decided to preorder Crackdown as "test". I'm here to report that everything went flawlessly. I received emails promptly, tracking information was sent and he was quick on answering an email I sent to him asking a question.

After my initial positive experience I went ahead and preordered both Bioshock and Mass Effect. Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Just a reminder you can edit posts :)

I'm hoping today is the day for my copy to arrive (CT -> IL).

[quote name='cheddams']Forgot to mention that I received the game. :eek:D

'Duh'[/quote]

So with a preorder.... does that mean if i go ahead pay 40 bucks for grant theft auto that I will get the game for that much when it comes out, or do i have to pay extra?

I have to say US post sucks for me I have not recieived my Crackdown and don't expect until next week. For 5 dollars I'm not satisfied with the post office. I wish you offered UPS ground service I would have had it by now. I have had a great deal of trouble with the US post here in the Chicago area. Do you ever plan on off ering any other shipping options? I mean its nice for folks on the east coast that USPS works for them but for me I will just say they suck. :cry:

[quote name='NC-17']Just a reminder you can edit posts :)

I'm hoping today is the day for my copy to arrive (CT -> IL).[/quote]

Don't count on it . Especially if you live in the Chicago area, the system here is very complex, with all the Suburbs, Borrows and knooks and crannies its a thorn in my side how long it takes USPS to get to me in the northern suburbs. This is the only problem with Lion games for me. 5 dollars for 5 or 6 day delivery is not ideal. I get UPS ground from most places in 2 daays though, I'm hoping that Tony starts to offer that option for 5 bucks.

Good point. I'm not really very experienced with USPS shipments to me; mostly UPS with amazon, etc. I'm in the western suburbs really, near Naperville, et al.

Oh well, I have R6:Vegas I need to be finishing anyway :)

UPDATE: The tracking info was just updated, and the package arrived at my local/suburb PO @ 6am today, so I should get it when mail is delivered ~3-4pm :D

[quote name='tightclaws']Don't count on it . Especially if you live in the Chicago area, the system here is very complex, with all the Suburbs, Borrows and knooks and crannies its a thorn in my side how long it takes USPS to get to me in the northern suburbs. This is the only problem with Lion games for me. 5 dollars for 5 or 6 day delivery is not ideal. I get UPS ground from most places in 2 daays though, I'm hoping that Tony starts to offer that option for 5 bucks.[/quote]

[quote name='tightclaws']I have to say US post sucks for me I have not recieived my Crackdown and don't expect until next week. For 5 dollars I'm not satisfied with the post office. I wish you offered UPS ground service I would have had it by now. I have had a great deal of trouble with the US post here in the Chicago area. Do you ever plan on off ering any other shipping options? I mean its nice for folks on the east coast that USPS works for them but for me I will just say they suck. :cry:[/quote]

Postal service is terrible here as well... If they aren't losing half my stuff, they are taking over a week to deliver things that should arrive in a few days. UPS is always ligntning fast.

[quote name='NC-17']Good point. I'm not really very experienced with USPS shipments to me; mostly UPS with amazon, etc. I'm in the western suburbs really, near Naperville, et al.

Oh well, I have R6:Vegas I need to be finishing anyway :)

UPDATE: The tracking info was just updated, and the package arrived at my local/suburb PO @ 6am today, so I should get it when mail is delivered ~3-4pm :D[/quote]

Sucks to be me as usual nothing no update, no package coming until Monday or Tuesday I can be sure of that.

This guy who runs this store is probably selling your credit cards numbers, and personal information as we speak. LOL!

[quote name='tightclaws']Sucks to be me as usual nothing no update, no package coming until Monday or Tuesday I can be sure of that.[/quote]

Tightclaws. Next time your order something, if your willing to pay 2 bucks, I will ship your game priority mail. My guess you will always get the game in 2 days, 3 max. Ups is nice, but it is so expensive. I dropped shipped a game yesterday out of my distributor's warehouse. I looked at that invoice today, and shipping for that single game from UPS was $6.35. The post office does deliver on Saturday, hopefully you will get your game tommorow.

[quote name='Supernova']This guy who runs this store is probably selling your credit cards numbers, and personal information as we speak. LOL![/quote]

Good one Supernova. Maybe you forgot to read my FAQ. Paypal handles all my transactions. I never see anyones credit card numbers. People privacy is protected at liongames.

Tony

[quote name='Supernova']This guy who runs this store is probably selling your credit cards numbers, and personal information as we speak. LOL![/quote]

What proof do you offer of that? We paid by paypal idiot he does not even see,any CC info. Your intelligence is showing its yellow color.

liongames - true cheapass question
If I cancel a $44.99 preorder that I paid with using Paypal, would I get $44.99 back or $44.99 minus fees? Or would it depend on whether Paypal offered the option to refund (so within however many days)?
Thanks

UPS ground is expensive. I think it starts at almost $7. Although I think Tony should be able to use Priority Mail from USPS (2-3 business days). Starts at $4.05 and you can save money on packaging by sending it in the free priority mail envelope since most games are in DVD cases.

Is that how it's sent right now or is it send First Class mail (to the people who received their Crackdowns and other orders)? Maybe offer a $7 Priority Mail shipping.

Edit: on second thought, $7 may seem kind of steep if it were for regular priced games.
Edit 2: Haha, looks like Tony already addressed all these issues I wrote about here.

I didn't even have to put in my address for the $10 preorders. I gave no information besides my name and probably email address.

[quote name='liongames']Tightclaws. Next time your order something, if your willing to pay 2 bucks, I will ship your game priority mail. My guess you will always get the game in 2 days, 3 max. Ups is nice, but it is so expensive. I dropped shipped a game yesterday out of my distributor's warehouse. I looked at that invoice today, and shipping for that single game from UPS was $6.35. The post office does deliver on Saturday, hopefully you will get your game tommorow.[/quote]

Yeah it would arrive in the same timeframe Tony unfortunatly, its a function of the highly populated area I live, it has to go through too many post office hubs. Plus every town and suburb has their own post office that it then has to filter to. Its just not ideal, 2 dollars more for US post? Not happening, its too unreliabe for me, I guess you are truely lucky if your post operates like that. Here its a total mess we have the wrong mail mail delivered on a regular basis, I think 5 dollars for this service is outragous and if I have to use them, it might be a deal breaker for me sadly.
If you remember a few years back there was a huge deal about Chicago area post losing mail, stealing mail and just plain awful service, there was a huge shakeup but by and large nothing has changed. I don't blame you , as you seem to have a different situation than I, but if you operated here you would not ever think of using the post. I know your margins are razor thin on games as it is and the deal are most likely costing you money. So I will tolarte it, but I'm not happy as at most places I can get free shipping or for 5 dollars at the most UPS ground. Being a small business I know UPS does not cut you any slack though, I have a few bad EXPs with tem also but over the years between them and the post I have had many packages, only one lost by UPS.
The US post on the other hand lets just say if it was something I really needed and not just game I would never even think about using US post.

I'm not going to be mean, but that's just not something you should say. It's not something one should really joke about or accuse someone of ... :cry:

tightclaws, how do you get all your regular mail? Junk mail, bills, credit card applications, etc. Don't they get in your mailbox everyday like the rest of us? It would seem odd that the same post office(s, in your case) can't get something big when they can deliver something small.

But, yah...the USPS are terrible at keeping their promised delivery times, but at least they are able to put all their deliveries in mailboxes and P.O. Boxes. I live in an apartment building and those lazy UPS, Fedex, and especially DHL always put "receiver unavailable" even if I was home all day just because they are too stupid to use the intercom or have the manager open the door. For some reason, they "magically" are able to deliver to me when it's the final delivery attempt.

[quote name='Loaded']tightclaws, how do you get all your regular mail? Junk mail, bills, credit card applications, etc. Don't they get in your mailbox everyday like the rest of us? It would seem odd that the same post office(s, in your case) can't get something big when they can deliver something small.

But, yah...the USPS are terrible at keeping their promised delivery times, but at least they are able to put all their deliveries in mailboxes and P.O. Boxes. I live in an apartment building and those lazy UPS, Fedex, and especially DHL always put "receiver unavailable" even if I was home all day just because they are too stupid to use the intercom or have the manager open the door. For some reason, they "magically" are able to deliver to me when it's the final delivery attempt.[/quote]

Sometimes I get my stuff sometimes my nieghbor, the guy across the highway with a similar street name gets my stuff ,sometimes who knows who gets my stuff? :cry: Most stuff as far far as packages get here it just takes forever. Though when I bought a PSP from Japan, it got delivered to a nieghbor who had someone staying with him who did not speak english, he was OT over seas and this person signed for my package, and the stupid Post Carrier did not even check to see if it matched up. So after 2 weeks of not having my PSP and two games I was raising hell. Finally the Guy came home from over seas and brought my package to me which was worth $400 great work post office yeah :roll: Oh and BTW it was opened I was pretty upset.

Hey tony from Lionsgames...you didn't answer my question regarding some of the games listed on the site.

You have Capcom Collection Vol. 2 listed for Xbox, but no way to order it. I assume this means they are out of stock. And how about PS3 - no Resistance Fall of Man?

[quote name='cleaver']liongames - true cheapass question
If I cancel a $44.99 preorder that I paid with using Paypal, would I get $44.99 back or $44.99 minus fees? Or would it depend on whether Paypal offered the option to refund (so within however many days)?
Thanks[/quote]

If I paypal you back you would pay fees. Other options would be a store credit, or I would be happy to mail you a check for the full amount. I also can't reverse a credit card charge, because once again I dont have that info.

[quote name='karkyco']Hey tony from Lionsgames...you didn't answer my question regarding some of the games listed on the site.

You have Capcom Collection Vol. 2 listed for Xbox, but no way to order it. I assume this means they are out of stock. And how about PS3 - no Resistance Fall of Man?[/quote]

Karkyco, I am working on addressing this issue. I will respond to you in more detail later. I have some things to get done. I will return later tonight and address your post.

I went ahead and pre-ordered BioShock yesterday.

And today I checked my tracking for Crackdown, and apparently it arrived in my town early this morning, so I Imagine I should have it this afternoon when the mail comes since the city I live in is relatively small (just a single zip code). I was pretty surprised considering I live in southern CA.

Well great news Tony and all, I just got home and guess what? My Crackdown was here 3 days to IL not bad at all for some reason my package never tracked after you dropped it off, so thats why I was a bit distressed. All's good now:) Thanks again Tony all my post fears are slipped away. 3 days is damn good.

Me too, should have responded earlier but I was too busy playing! Package was shipped real nice and secure like.

Thanks Tony!

I'll be sending you a couple of my games soon :)

[quote name='tightclaws']Well great news Tony and all, I just got home and guess what? My Crackdown was here 3 days to IL not bad at all for some reason my package never tracked after you dropped it off, so thats why I was a bit distressed. All's good now:) Thanks again Tony all my post fears are slipped away. 3 days is damn good.[/quote]

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for the quick response Tony.After finding out paypal only buyer protects for 45days (and these games are much further than 45days away) I'm about hesitant to pull the trigger.I'll wait aibt more to see how the crackdown pre-orders went...

Speaking of which,anyone care to post if they have gotten the game? I've only seen two people post that they have recieved so far and I'm sure more than that have pre-ordered it.So either they haven't recieved or didnt post here...Please update us CAGers[/quote]

Well,after hearing alot of positive responses reagrding the crackdown orders I went ahead made deposits for bioshock and mass effect in good faith.If all goes well I'll definately be a long time customer.

[quote name='karkyco']So has anyone received their preorder of Crackdown? they went out yesterday, right?

Not that I don't trust Tony, but everyone here late yesterday was talking about their orders marked as shipped. Any received it yet?

And also, how is it that Resistance Fall of Man is not available under PS3? There are also listings for games but no way to order them - i.e. Capcom Collection Vol. 2 for Xbox. I may just pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PS3.[/quote]

Karkyco. Hopefully you remember dvd empires story on distribution in the video game business is dumb. This will help explain why Resistance isn't available on my site. The problem is the gaming studios do not allow a lot of returns to distributors. This means they need to keep their video games orders really close to the vest. Nobody wants to get stuck with product. My distributor right now has zero inventory on hand for Resistance. Therefore I can't put the game on my site, because I would have to buy it at full retail in order to fill your order. I also Didn't order resistance when I first opened up, because it was already a month old. I also don't want to be sitting on a ton of older inventory. That is why I am concentrating on stuff coming in the future. The thing is I did drop ship a game yesterday, and it went off very smoothly. This basically allows me to sell anything my distributor has in stock. So I may be setting up some pages in the next few months to reflect that inventory. I will also be adding Blue Ray and Hd dvd's in the near future. I will probably also offer them used and accept trades on them. They will also be easier to stock ,as I will have a pretty healthy return priviledge on them. I may also add computer games at some point. Everyone has an open invitation to email me if they want somehing that may not be on my site. I will check into it and see how fast, and how much I could get the games for. I hope this answers your question.

[quote name='liongames'] I will also be adding Blue Ray and Hd dvd's in the near future. [/quote] Glad to hear that but your gonna have to pull out all the stops to pull me away from amazon

P.S. Its Blu-Ray (no e)

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']what about the regular DVD's? ;)[/QUOTE]

That's so like 2006. Get with the times old man. ;)

[quote name='Edwin']That's so like 2006. Get with the times old man. ;)[/quote]
why would I want to pay twice as much for a blu-ray or an HD dvd when I can just watch the same movie for a cheaper price :)

Once you go HD you won't go back. BluRay and HDDVD are usually not 2x as much.

Hopefully, they'll be even cheap if LionGames carries them.

[quote name='liongames']I will also be adding Blue Ray and Hd dvd's in the near future.[/QUOTE]
I'm all for that, at a lower price than retail of course.

I think I'm going to preorder Mass Effect and Bioshock and trade lion my excellent condition Rayman Raving Rabids.

Total price will be $57.48 + shipping.

:whistle2:O

Not to kill sales, but to be fair to all the users here, the announcement of the Mass Effect "prequel" novel hitting in May strongly suggests to me that the game itself won't be shipping to retail quite that soon. As a matter of fact, I'm going to stick with my mid-Fall prediction. But, yeah, May? No way.

I want to preorder the following games:

ps3
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Motorstorm
Oblivion

Xbox 360
Halo 3 Collectors Edition
Mass Effect

If I place the deposit today, am I GUARENTEED beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will get these games on time, at these prices, and no bull that the order could not be sent due to limited quantities. This is a lot of money i want to place at your website and just don't want to have any regrets in anyway

[quote name='panasonic']I want to preorder the following games:

ps3
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Motorstorm
Oblivion

Xbox 360
Halo 3 Collectors Edition
Mass Effect

If I place the deposit today, am I GUARENTEED beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will get these games on time, at these prices, and no bull that the order could not be sent due to limited quantities. This is a lot of money i want to place at your website and just don't want to have any regrets in anyway[/quote]

You will be guaranteed to get the games at these prices. I can also pretty much guarantee shipment of Halo 3 and Mass Effect no later then street date. My distributor hasn't been shorted any games in years. As a matter of fact I think I will get my orders on these two games a day or two before street date. The Ps3 games your price will be guaranteed once again, and shipment will occur either on street date or maybe a day or two later at most. For example Virtua fighter 5 just got released on Feb21. Everybody that is direct with that studio got the game right on street date not before. So that means my distributor received Virtua fighter 5 on Feb 21. He then shipped it to me and I received my games on the 23rd. This is what Dvd Empire meant when he said distribution is dumb. So when smaller studios release games I may have no control to get my shipment right on street date. I may combat this inconvience by just drop shipping games directly from my distributors warehouse on street date. This will work as long as I can get tracking for the drop shjipment. In short I can and will guarantee all major titles to be shipped on street date. Some smaller titles may lag a day or two, but I am working on a solution as we speak. I been in business over two months and I havent shipped one single order later then street date yet. I also have processed every single order I ever had within 24 hours. What this means if you ordered on a Wednesday, I shipped no later then Thursday. If you order on a Saturday, I ship on monday. I hope this helps.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back