Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='liongames']I am sure I will have something exciting going on for these games. I have some thoughts rolling around in my head already. lol[/quote]
awsome...im gonna be all over it if the deal is this good :D

I like how Tony seems to know what games are popular for the gamers, not just for general public. Are you an avid gamer Tony?

[quote name='Loaded']I like how Tony seems to know what games are popular for the gamers, not just for general public. Are you an avid gamer Tony?[/quote]

I am actually a beginner and I am pretty bad as of right now. When I get more time I plan on improving. I was pretty good back in the day on Space Invaders, Glaxian, Asteroids,. I also was able to play Centipede for 45 minutes on one quarter. Hopefully this comes back to me pretty quickly! I wasn't that good on Lost Planet, but I did enjoy it!

can u please tell me how you will have these games for $40 when everyone else has them for 60$? sorry if it was explained before, i dont have time to read 13 pages.

By taking a loss in order to gain exposure and customers for potential future revenue. Much like Google Checkout's coupons, where Google ate the cost in order to get people to use their service.

[quote name='nativetongue88']can u please tell me how you will have these games for $40 when everyone else has them for 60$? sorry if it was explained before, i dont have time to read 13 pages.[/quote]

Hey Tony,

One question I have before pulling the trigger: The release date for Mass Effect says 5/22 and Bioshock says 6/1. Would it be possible for me to preorder them both and have you ship them both out at the same time that way I only pay $6 for shipping instead of $10?

We're cheapasses, $4 matter! :lol:

Just order them on the same invoice. :) I expect one will ship separately before the order, but you will still only pay $6. Although I expect Tony could arrange to have them ship at the same time for him to save on shipping himself?

Edit: looks like this is how it works right now, but in the future $5 would be for each package shipped on different days.

[quote name='Kayden']Hey Tony,

One question I have before pulling the trigger: The release date for Mass Effect says 5/22 and Bioshock says 6/1. Would it be possible for me to preorder them both and have you ship them both out at the same time that way I only pay $6 for shipping instead of $10?

We're cheapasses, $4 matter! :lol:[/quote]

Lion games/Tony:
I'm in for preorder on Mass Effect.
I will likely do the rest if things continue well. I was gonna buy oblivion the other day, but it was OOS.
One quibble I have is the shipping. You've likely heard from some who want the super saver/Cheapass option. I would however like it quicker than 1st class, but not gouging price. At 5 bucks for shipping the 1st class method, you have to be at the least breaking even on shipping. Couldn't you do a dollar more for faster delivery via USPS? I read earlier how UPS was too spendy for ya, I can understand that. But if you can use usps for 1st class, why is it so hard to use usps for priority mail? I realize if your drop shipping you may not be actually mailing out the items, but if that isn't the case (i.e. games go dist, then you, then to consumer) why not use cheaper USPS? I have less of an issue paying 6 bucks for priority than I do 5 bucks for 1st class. Them's about ebay prices. 7 bucks for priority isn't that big a difference, so I'll stop talking. When is a buck more than just a buck? In my mind, as it kills the money I save online vs. the convienence of buying in a store immeditaly. BTW, thanks for the good prices!

[quote name='NC-17']Just order them on the same invoice. :) I expect one will ship separately before the order, but you will still only pay $6. Although I expect Tony could arrange to have them ship at the same time for you to save on shipping himself?[/quote]
Hmmm, k... I only put down the preorder for the two doesn't included anything about shipping... Oh well... We have his address if he shafts us. :twisted:

I've asked tony about shipping before and here is what he said:

When you leave a deposit on pre-orders there is no shipping on that original invoice. When you pay the balance, the shipping will show up then. So if you pay off two balances on the same invoice you will get the $5 plus $1 rate. If you pay them off separately, then shipping will be charged $5 for each game. The shipping rates were not desinged for games purchased on the same invoice but mailed on different dates. Eventually if I have to send out two different packages on two different days, then I would like to get paid $5.00 on both of them. Right now there is a loophole in the system!

[quote name='NWgamer666']Lion games/Tony:
I'm in for preorder on Mass Effect.
I will likely do the rest if things continue well. I was gonna buy oblivion the other day, but it was OOS.
One quibble I have is the shipping. You've likely heard from some who want the super saver/Cheapass option. I would however like it quicker than 1st class, but not gouging price. At 5 bucks for shipping the 1st class method, you have to be at the least breaking even on shipping. Couldn't you do a dollar more for faster delivery via USPS? I read earlier how UPS was too spendy for ya, I can understand that. But if you can use usps for 1st class, why is it so hard to use usps for priority mail? I realize if your drop shipping you may not be actually mailing out the items, but if that isn't the case (i.e. games go dist, then you, then to consumer) why not use cheaper USPS? I have less of an issue paying 6 bucks for priority than I do 5 bucks for 1st class. Them's about ebay prices. 7 bucks for priority isn't that big a difference, so I'll stop talking. When is a buck more than just a buck? In my mind, as it kills the money I save online vs. the convienence of buying in a store immeditaly. BTW, thanks for the good prices![/quote]

Okay guys Here is a question. It cost me anywhere from $2 to $2.50 extra to mail priority instead of first class. If I offered priority For $6.50 does that sound like a fair deal?

The post down below is correct. Just put the balances on the same invoice and you will save on your shipping for the time being. I will eventually have my programmer change that feature for games that ship on different dates.

$1.50 more for Priority isn't bad. The $1 shipping for additional games is a big incentive for me though.

I don't need games ASAP so I'd just do the normal $5 shipping.

If I was offered $2 7 day shipping, I'd take that. Why bother looking for a good deal on a game if you're going to spend it all back on shipping? Might as well just buy it at the store.

[quote name='NWgamer666']when I compare 5.00 for 1st class vs. 6.50 for priority, I'd pay the extra 1.50 every time. Anyone else agree?[/quote]

I often consider tax and shipping as a trade-off. I pay 9.75% sales tax if I buy a game in the store which approximately equals what I may pay for shipping. So if I find a good buy online, such as these games, the shipping is cancelled out by a lack of sales tax. I know tax rates are different so YMMV.

[quote name='Kayden']If I was offered $2 7 day shipping, I'd take that. Why bother looking for a good deal on a game if you're going to spend it all back on shipping? Might as well just buy it at the store.[/quote]

Are you implying that $5 shipping ruins this deal? $45 shipped from this place vs. about $64 after tax in the store.

[quote name='Glomgold']Are you implying that $5 shipping ruins this deal? $45 shipped from this place vs. about $64 after tax in the store.[/quote]

Well... $40 is generally my price for 360 games, if not cheaper. I'm just a fickle bitch. :lol:

Hey:

So is it worth it to preorder/pay off BioShock and lose access to $45 for 6 and a half months?

I would imagine Mass effect won't come out until late fall.

Kevin

I saw the not-so-'shocking' BioShock delay, too. Just know that an August date announced on March 1st means "October". I kid, I kid...no, wait, I don't.

Having preordered this game from liongames.com, I hope they're still "fully operational" at whatever point in time we see these games.

P.S. At least Rockstar can pick a date and stick to it.

Yea, I half expect Mass Effect to slip on release date as well, which Is why I just put down the 10 deposit rather than pay the whole thing. If this site for some reason is defunct, I'm only out 10 bucks. I don't really think I can blame lion games for slipping release dates, I just hope he expected it financially. I would think he's in this for at least a year of business, he couldn't have made or lost enough money to close up shop prematurely solely on Lost planet and crackdown purchases.

BluNova- I have had that dillema with tax vs. shipping myself, but buying in store usually wins because there is the hidden benefit of instant gratification.

[quote name='kevgret']Hey:

So is it worth it to preorder/pay off BioShock and lose access to $45 for 6 and a half months?

Kevin[/quote]

You dont lose access to $45 bucks, you deposit $10 and pay the rest of the balance a month before the release.

So you only have to pay $35 more to get your game.

Worth it imho.

[quote name='kevgret']Hey:

Kevin[/quote]

keep in mind you don't have to pay the game off till about 30 days before release. So a better question would be is it worth to lose access to 10 bucks to save 33% in 6 months?

[quote name='liongames']keep in mind you don't have to pay the game off till about 30 days before release. So a better question would be is it worth to lose access to 10 bucks to save 33% in 6 months?[/QUOTE]

I think I have my answer... Thanks Tony.

[quote name='liongames']keep in mind you don't have to pay the game off till about 30 days before release. So a better question would be is it worth to lose access to 10 bucks to save 33% in 6 months?[/quote]

Think of it as an investment... put in 10 to save 20... like tripling your investment in 6 months if it doesn't fall through :p

[quote name='liongames']keep in mind you don't have to pay the game off till about 30 days before release. So a better question would be is it worth to lose access to 10 bucks to save 33% in 6 months?[/quote]
I think both games will shakeout to Sept. or OCT. Aslong as don't make us pay when it still says 5/22 on 4/22 on Mass Effect because we know sometimes they wait until a few days before release to say ohh its 3 more months or more. I know Mass Effect is not making a 5/22 ship date there is just no way. It's a massive game KOTOR was delayed a ton because of the complex speech and interaction routines, this is going to have more of everything.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Yea, I half expect Mass Effect to slip on release date as well, which Is why I just put down the 10 deposit rather than pay the whole thing. If this site for some reason is defunct, I'm only out 10 bucks. I don't really think I can blame lion games for slipping release dates, I just hope he expected it financially. I would think he's in this for at least a year of business, he couldn't have made or lost enough money to close up shop prematurely solely on Lost planet and crackdown purchases.

BluNova- I have had that dillema with tax vs. shipping myself, but buying in store usually wins because there is the hidden benefit of instant gratification.[/quote]

Your right you can't blame me for the release dates getting pushed back. That is just another one of the fine points of the gaming industry. :) I am hoping Mass Effect doesn't get pushed back. I do feel there is a chance of a May release. My distributor game me a little discount off my regular price for Mass Effect. I don't he would do that if his price wasn't set in stone.

I also want everyone to keep in mind that your advanced payments and deposits are fully refundable at any time for any reason. Hopefully you won't cancel your game order 1 or 2 days before street date, but if you did I still wouldn't ask any questions.

I think instant gratification gets killed quickly by no parking spaces, cost of gas and wear and tear on your car, as well as what your time worth. There are trades offs in both sceniros.

I think instant gratification gets killed quickly by no parking spaces, cost of gas and wear and tear on your car, as well as what your time worth. There are trades offs in both sceniros.

Exactly why I paid for Amazon Prime. I get "free" two day shipping. I figure it's the same as tax in the long run for me since I order enough stuff from there. I even opened up an Amazon credit card. Every $833 I spend at amazon gives me a free $25 gift card. Haha, sounds like a crappy deal, but I use them sometimes to sell things on eBay and all those purchases add up.

Plus I don't have to deal with crappy customer service or annoying people...and there are A LOT of people in Los Angeles. I love Amazon customer service. Shoot an email, and your done. Same as Lion Games.

Well, I have been watching this thread closely. From what I have read, everyone seems pretty happy with Lion Games. I'm one of those people who visits the site everyday, but does not post too often. Just think how many more CAG's are just like me, comes here and read the threads and dont post.

If Lion Games plays his cards right, he could have a huge following from CAG. I just pre-ordered Mass Effect and I never pre order. Here's nothing but the best to Lion Games and if my transaction is smooth sailing then Lion Games will see more orders from this CAG.

well im in, if its a hoax ill just tell paypal to refund me the money and then fight it with amex if that sours.. how much time does a person have to dispute? if i buy in march can i dispute 6 months from now?

i could have played the whole "multiple paypal accounts" game, but honestly bioshock (another generic fps imho) and gta4 (im sick of all crime games) have very little appeal to me atm (i'll get them when they are discounted next year), so im in for mass effect and halo 3 paid in full so i can save on shipping and don't need to bother with screwing around with entering different e-mail addresses

total : 85.97 dollars
paypal rebate: -15
total for halo3 + mass effect shipped: 70.97 dollars = $35.48 per game shipped to my door... not bad at all

if you guys have a lot of time on your hand, here is what i suggest:

3 $10 deposits = 30 dollars, -15 dollars paypal = 15 net for 3 deposits

pay off mass effect - enter your preorder receipt number = 30, -15 dollars paypal + 5 dollars shipping = 20 net

pay off bioshock - enter your preorder receipt number = 30, -15 dollars paypal + 5 dollars shipping = 20 net

pay off gta4 - enter your preorder receipt number = 32, -15 dollars paypal +5 dollars shipping = 22 net

total for 3 games = 77 net = $25.66 per game

you need 4 paypal accounts signed up for the rebate though, which might be a little tough given that the promotion period has passed and you are going to have to come up with a pretty convincing story to get manually enrolled into the rebate program for 4 accounts this late in the game

of course if you ALREADY have more than one paypal account, then it's probably not an issue, but opening up extra accounts under new e-mail addresses, providing new CC information, etc. probably isn't worth it if you just want one or two games.

I pre-ordered Bioshock and Mass Effect. Maybe I should have put a partial payment but whatever. Also I should be creditied $15 by May 28 from paypal, so it's all good. ;D

NWGamer I agree with you about the instant gratification about buying in store. That is why I buy games in store if the total cost of in store vs. online are equal. My point is that some people talk about $5-6 shipping killing a deal but sometimes shipping is almost equal to the tax instore. In this case the prices for these games are way better than you will find in store.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Also I should be creditied $15 by May 28 from paypal, so it's all good. ;D[/quote]
Nope, his store isnt part of that deal.

[quote name='nharmon91']Nope, his store isnt part of that deal.[/QUOTE]
As long as it's located in the US or Canada, it should be, right?

[quote name='cleaver']As long as it's located in the US or Canada, it should be, right?[/quote] Apparently not, since his store isnt.

Great job answering all these responses Liongames! You have a ton of patience for putting up with all the hell some of us CAGs put you through!

I have a question though. Have you ever considered selling PC games? I'm more of a PC gamer rather than a console gamer, so I would jump on a Bioshock preorder for the PC in a heartbeat, if the price was right.

Thanks for all your support and great deals!

[quote name='theHeat']Great job answering all these responses Liongames! You have a ton of patience for putting up with all the hell some of us CAGs put you through!

I have a question though. Have you ever considered selling PC games? I'm more of a PC gamer rather than a console gamer, so I would jump on a Bioshock preorder for the PC in a heartbeat, if the price was right.

Thanks for all your support and great deals![/quote]

I enjoy answering questions from people. It is very nice getting some positve feedback from the board. I also didn't mind some of the negative feedback, as I try to learn from those as well. A few earlier comments were a bit unfair,but even those I have looked the other way, because I realize I am more the exception to the rule, and not the norm. I still have to work hard getting my name out there. Tonight there was a post at Gamespot asking about my website, and if it was reliable. Only 1 person answered the post so far. The good thing is, it wasn't a negative answer. A lot of progress has been made.

I am considering selling pc games. This question has been asked to me a number of times in the past month. I am in the beginning process of working with my distributor to make his entire inventory available through my website.
Hopefully this will take care of PC Games, as well as accessories, and Blu-Ray and HD Dvd. I am hoping this can be completed in the next 4 to 8 weeks. In the mean time, shoot me an email, and I will be happy to get you a nice price on your PC game for Bioshock.

[quote name='liongames']I enjoy answering questions from people. It is very nice getting some positve feedback from the board. I also didn't mind some of the negative feedback, as I try to learn from those as well. A few earlier comments were a bit unfair,but even those I have looked the other way, because I realize I am more the exception to the rule, and not the norm. I still have to work hard getting my name out there. Tonight there was a post at Gamespot asking about my website, and if it was reliable. Only 1 person answered the post so far. The good thing is, it wasn't a negative answer. A lot of progress has been made.

I am considering selling pc games. This question has been asked to me a number of times in the past month. I am in the beginning process of working with my distributor to make his entire inventory available through my website.
Hopefully this will take care of PC Games, as well as accessories, and Blu-Ray and HD Dvd. I am hoping this can be completed in the next 4 to 8 weeks. In the mean time, shoot me an email, and I will be happy to get you a nice price on your PC game for Bioshock.[/quote]

If you could point to the GS thread I would voice my support for you, I'm a long time member over there. Its impossible to find with all the posts that go on.

edit:: I found the post in the 360 forum and gave it my Paw stamp.

[quote name='tightclaws']If you could point to the GS thread I would voice my support for you, I'm a long time member over there. Its impossible to find with all the posts that go on.

edit:: I found the post in the 360 forum and gave it my Paw stamp.[/quote]

I just saw that, thank you!! By the way that is a mighty big Paw you carry over there.:D

[quote name='liongames']I enjoy answering questions from people. It is very nice getting some positve feedback from the board. I also didn't mind some of the negative feedback, as I try to learn from those as well. A few earlier comments were a bit unfair,but even those I have looked the other way, because I realize I am more the exception to the rule, and not the norm. I still have to work hard getting my name out there. Tonight there was a post at Gamespot asking about my website, and if it was reliable. Only 1 person answered the post so far. The good thing is, it wasn't a negative answer. A lot of progress has been made.

Hopefully this will take care of PC Games, as well as accessories, and Blu-Ray and HD Dvd. I am hoping this can be completed in the next 4 to 8 weeks. In the mean time, shoot me an email, and I will be happy to get you a nice price on your PC game for Bioshock.[/quote]

I think I was the one who posted on Gamespot. :D

Just bought Bioshock and Halo 3. Thanks again for the deal and for coming on the boards and answering any questions people.

Also I tried to check out using opera and I could not submit my order because it would get hung up asking for a gift card during the checkout process. Not really an issue for me as I just switched to IE, just noting it for others who may end up wanting to order stuff.

I was one of the first skeptics in this thread--after a month of you posting, and good feedback thus far, I finally caved in... Mass Effect and Bioshock paid in full.

One idea for future orders, which you may have already considered. I imagine it'll be hard to sustain such cheap pricing permanently. However, you might consider trying some bundle ideas with increased discounts (and I know most of my peers cringe at the bundle word, but hear me out). For example, you might offer individual pre-orders at $54.xx for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Two Worlds. And then you could have a special "360 RPG Bundle" where, if you pre-order three of those at once, you get an extra $5-$10 off each. Gives you more immediate cash flow, and allows you to discount your prices because you're selling more games. Play-asia does a similar thing currently, but it's such a tiny discount it offers no real incentive.

Damn it, I didn't want to do this, but I must jump in on this and pre-order Mass Effect and Bio Shock. I'm just glad LionGames isn't offering Fable 2 at a price like that, or I'd have to go for that as well...Bad enough I'm going for the other two, but I can't help myself. Bio Shock and Mass Effect are going to kick so much ass, I'll probably go blind...:cool:

Hey Liongames,

Just put in my pre-order for Mass Effect (PIF). Thanks for taking a personal interest answering questions concerns.
-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back