Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I've got three games pre-ordered through them... would be 4 if Forza 2 was a bit cheaper :p

thanks for fielding all of the questions and your patience...

I can't believe I've read through all this ;)

I pre-ordered armored core 4, command and conquer 3 and Mass effect. I know the first two are not as good a deal as the others but I was going to buy them anyways.

any chance you will be getting any more Halo 3 legendary editions for pre-order Lion? Looking at the other deal prices I think I would have jumped on that to.

Also I would have paid an extra 1.50 to get my shipping bumped up ;) Let me know if that becomes an option please.

It's been awhile since I've checked this thread, but from reading the last few pages it looks like the people who pre-ordered Crackdown got them a few days after they came out. Looks like I may have to look at pre-ordering Mass Effect, but I'm a sucker for special editions and think they may have one for this game.

Do you have an idea when you will have Spiderman 3 available for pre order and will it be at a discount as well? I usually order through Amazon but Im SUPER interested in ordering from your establishment.

[quote name='NWgamer666']when I compare 5.00 for 1st class vs. 6.50 for priority, I'd pay the extra 1.50 every time. Anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]

There's no point. First class is just as fast as priority, except there's a weight limit. For games, the weight limit is no problem. Don't pay more for no reason.

[quote name='Reikon']There's no point. First class is just as fast as priority, except there's a weight limit. For games, the weight limit is no problem. Don't pay more for no reason.[/quote]

I agree don't bother, first game got here in three days plenty fast. Crackdown was great fun.

well, sometimes 1st class takes longer than 3 days, but not usually. Often priority takes only 2 days but can be up to 3. If I can pay 1.50 to be certain it arrives on time or possibly earlier, I won't mind doing that. It's only 1.50

I pre-ordered GTA IV and BioShock. It's great you're answering questions for everyone on here. To be honest, I wasn't going to go for this since it seemed too good to be true. If these go through, expect a of business from me in the future! Thanks for the deal.

[quote name='Edwin']I wish Tony had a deal for Guitar Hero 2 for the 360.

*elbow*[/quote]

*atomic elbow*

*cough*

the-rock-3.jpg

Put in a pre-order for Halo 3, GTA IV, and Mass Effect. Thanks for the great deals. I'd be all over the Blue Dragon pre-order if I could get a better trade-in value for GRAW2, but it looks like I'll hold off for now.

Tony, question, Im waiting till after the GTA trialer comes out before I decide to pre-order, just to see if I like where the games going, but do you plan to keep that promotion by then (i believe the trailer comes out the 29th)

also if I were to pre-order (via paypal) would I be able to cancel and get a full refund? I ask because Im going to be in college by the time GTA comes out and I dont know where ill be living.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Tony, question, Im waiting till after the GTA trialer comes out before I decide to pre-order, just to see if I like where the games going, but do you plan to keep that promotion by then (i believe the trailer comes out the 29th)

also if I were to pre-order (via paypal) would I be able to cancel and get a full refund? I ask because Im going to be in college by the time GTA comes out and I dont know where ill be living.[/quote]

When you put a deposit on the game the checkout doesn't ask for your address. I would assume you put your address in when you pay the final amount off. I put a deposit on Bioshock, and I will also be moving soon to an unknown address. Tony will have to answer your question about how long the promotion will continue.

[quote name='liongames']I will be back in the afternoon today to answer a bunch a questions here. Thanks for your patience[/quote]

I think the atomic elbows (a few posts above me) are on the right track *hint*
*hint*

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I was one of the first skeptics in this thread--after a month of you posting, and good feedback thus far, I finally caved in... Mass Effect and Bioshock paid in full.

One idea for future orders, which you may have already considered. I imagine it'll be hard to sustain such cheap pricing permanently. However, you might consider trying some bundle ideas with increased discounts (and I know most of my peers cringe at the bundle word, but hear me out). For example, you might offer individual pre-orders at $54.xx for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Two Worlds. And then you could have a special "360 RPG Bundle" where, if you pre-order three of those at once, you get an extra $5-$10 off each. Gives you more immediate cash flow, and allows you to discount your prices because you're selling more games. Play-asia does a similar thing currently, but it's such a tiny discount it offers no real incentive.[/quote]

The thing with the bundle it would only work if I start out at $60 bucks a game. Then give $5.00 off for two games and then $10 for 3. Then each game would cost you $50. If I started at $54.00 and gace $10 off each game I would lose money if a customer bundled 3 games. I am no punches retailer. Alot of my games start at $52.99. I try to give the customers a real good price right up front. I did include Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon in this weeks specials.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Damn it, I didn't want to do this, but I must jump in on this and pre-order Mass Effect and Bio Shock. I'm just glad LionGames isn't offering Fable 2 at a price like that, or I'd have to go for that as well...Bad enough I'm going for the other two, but I can't help myself. Bio Shock and Mass Effect are going to kick so much ass, I'll probably go blind...:cool:[/quote]

There isn't a ton of information out on Fable 2. What are you hearing for a street date? I don't mind creating some type of deal but if the game isnt coming out until 2008 then we should wait a few months.

[quote name='JBaby']Hey Liongames,

Just put in my pre-order for Mass Effect (PIF). Thanks for taking a personal interest answering questions concerns.
-Justin[/quote]

I have always liked message boards and mixing with people from all over. :D

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']yeah I've got three games pre-ordered through them... would be 4 if Forza 2 was a bit cheaper :p

thanks for fielding all of the questions and your patience...[/quote]

I included Forza for you in this weeks specials. It is now up to you on how much money you want to save on the game!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Just bought Bioshock and Halo 3. Thanks again for the deal and for coming on the boards and answering any questions people.

Also I tried to check out using opera and I could not submit my order because it would get hung up asking for a gift card during the checkout process. Not really an issue for me as I just switched to IE, just noting it for others who may end up wanting to order stuff.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. I will mention it to my guy tommorow night. Not sure I will mess it though, since the website has worked really well so far. Sometimes it is best not to open that can or worms! Love the avatar by the way. I bet you I have watched Exit Wounds 30 times in my life already. Not to mention Above the Law and Under Seige!

[quote name='Damion']I can't believe I've read through all this ;)

I pre-ordered armored core 4, command and conquer 3 and Mass effect. I know the first two are not as good a deal as the others but I was going to buy them anyways.

any chance you will be getting any more Halo 3 legendary editions for pre-order Lion? Looking at the other deal prices I think I would have jumped on that to.

Also I would have paid an extra 1.50 to get my shipping bumped up ;) Let me know if that becomes an option please.[/quote]

First of all Command and Conquer 3 is on this weeks specials list. Let me know if you want to take advantage advantage of the trading discount.

There isn't a lot of information out on Halo 3 Legendary right now. My distributor doesn't know how many pieces they will be getting in. The information I can share with the board now is Microsoft does not want this edition on the shelves on day 1. It will be a pre-order item only. They are shooting to have the collectors edition off the shelf by day 30.

I will also be checking with my programmer tommorow night about the different shipping options.

[quote name='Cleaner7']It's been awhile since I've checked this thread, but from reading the last few pages it looks like the people who pre-ordered Crackdown got them a few days after they came out. Looks like I may have to look at pre-ordering Mass Effect, but I'm a sucker for special editions and think they may have one for this game.[/quote]

If a special edition comes out ,I can change your order pretty easily. I will also give you some type of deal on that edition also.

Interesting idea to get the trade in's going. 10 bucks on top of whatever value you give for trade in on a game (valued at minimum of 10 bucks), to purchase a game at 52.xx. This seems to be similar to an EB trade in deal, but I will reserve judgement until I see other CAGers point out any decent trade in deals. What game/s do you think your currently giving the best trade in value for tony? Anything we should be picking up at gamestores on the cheap to resell to you for profit? Ah, well, I guess we couldn't expect you to take a loss on brand new games forever. Unless I trade in, I just don't see the value in purchasing your recent specials as opposed to paying tax and a few extra bucks the day it comes out in stores.

[quote name='NWgamer666']well, sometimes 1st class takes longer than 3 days, but not usually. Often priority takes only 2 days but can be up to 3. If I can pay 1.50 to be certain it arrives on time or possibly earlier, I won't mind doing that. It's only 1.50[/quote]

I think paying the extra $1.50 wont be a bad option for my West Coast customers.

[quote name='Edwin']I wish Tony had a deal for Guitar Hero 2 for the 360.

*elbow*[/quote]

My guitar hero deal is okay. The problem here was I don't have any idea of the shipping cost. Therefore I wasn't overly aggressive. I started a special today on 6 titles that I will reduce if you trade in some games. If anyone wants I will offer you the same deal on Guitar Hero starting, from the $79.99 price. Just email me and we can discuss it then!

[quote name='isaac']Put in a pre-order for Halo 3, GTA IV, and Mass Effect. Thanks for the great deals. I'd be all over the Blue Dragon pre-order if I could get a better trade-in value for GRAW2, but it looks like I'll hold off for now.[/quote]

If you like I will give you an extra $5.00 for GRAW 2. If your are interested. buy Blue Dragon and choose 2 trades ins instead of 1. This will knocjk your starting price down to $42.99, and that will give you the extra money for GRAW 2. Just put a note in the comment sections to remind me you are from CAG

[quote name='blu72nova']When you put a deposit on the game the checkout doesn't ask for your address. I would assume you put your address in when you pay the final amount off. I put a deposit on Bioshock, and I will also be moving soon to an unknown address. Tony will have to answer your question about how long the promotion will continue.[/quote]

I can safely say GTA 4 will still be available after the 29th. The system doesnt ask for your address on a deposit because there is no shipping on that receipt. When you go back to pay the balance the address will be needed then along with the original invoice number.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Interesting idea to get the trade in's going. 10 bucks on top of whatever value you give for trade in on a game (valued at minimum of 10 bucks), to purchase a game at 52.xx. This seems to be similar to an EB trade in deal, but I will reserve judgement until I see other CAGers point out any decent trade in deals. What game/s do you think your currently giving the best trade in value for tony? Anything we should be picking up at gamestores on the cheap to resell to you for profit? Ah, well, I guess we couldn't expect you to take a loss on brand new games forever. Unless I trade in, I just don't see the value in purchasing your recent specials as opposed to paying tax and a few extra bucks the day it comes out in stores.[/quote]

The 52.xx price is for the games with no trade-ins. Thsi price still beats full retail plus tax by about 6 bucks. If you trade 1 game in your starting prices drops to 47.99 plus the value of your trade. If you trade 2 games in it goes to $42.99 and 3 games to $37.99 plus the value of your trade ins. If you trade in 3 games that have a $27.50 value, you basically get this game for free, and I will still owe you amost $45 dollars in credit for another game. That $37.99 price is a true discount on some great games. The reason for the $10 dollar rule is I need the games you trade in to have some type of market value. Almost all 360's are above a $10 trade in value. I feel this is a great deal on some great games!

Hi,

I don't post here much, but this thread hooked me in. I think it's great that Liongames is taking the time to connect to the customers, but the site still makes me nervous. Can any fellow cheap ass gamers help ease my mind that the site is not a scam in the making. Once again I am sorry to ask this because the liongames guy seems to be a nice guy....but these days there are soooo many scams it's hard not to think something like this isn't one in the makiing.

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you're going to get the Limited/Collector's Edition for Mass Effect in. If you sold it at a discounted price, I'd definitely buy it. Thanks.

gun, GRAW1, Bionicle, Bomberman, PGR3, THAW, Tomb raider Legend, Appears all 06 sports games = excluded. All ready your smarter than EB/GS was a while ago before they put the restrictions on trade 3 get $10.

The other trade in prices just can't get me to part with my games, except gears is tempting 27.50 + $10 towards game =14.xx for brand new game. Hopefully for your business' sake others will feel differently. I would have traded in PGR3, but It appears you have plenty of those. If I find any games cheap at pawn shop, Ill trade em in.

[quote name='NWgamer666']gun, GRAW1, Bionicle, Bomberman, PGR3, THAW, Tomb raider Legend, Appears all 06 sports games = excluded. All ready your smarter than EB/GS was a while ago before they put the restrictions on trade 3 get $10.

The other trade in prices just can't get me to part with my games, except gears is tempting 27.50 + $10 towards game =14.xx for brand new game. Hopefully for your business' sake others will feel differently. I would have traded in PGR3, but It appears you have plenty of those. If I find any games cheap at pawn shop, Ill trade em in.[/QUOTE]

It's only a $5 bonus per title, so $32.50 for GOW ;)

Hmf, seeing as this guy appears to be legit, I am tempted to trade in Fight Night 3 & Table Tennis for the 360 and get GOW2 for $26 shipped.....tempting.

Wait a tic, that's before I factored in the shipping for me to get it there. I may just wait a couple of weeks for some BestBuy RZ certificates that are owed to me and get GOW2 for like $15.

[quote name='sentry9']Hi,

I don't post here much, but this thread hooked me in. I think it's great that Liongames is taking the time to connect to the customers, but the site still makes me nervous. Can any fellow cheap ass gamers help ease my mind that the site is not a scam in the making. Once again I am sorry to ask this because the liongames guy seems to be a nice guy....but these days there are soooo many scams it's hard not to think something like this isn't one in the makiing.

Thanks.[/quote]

I don't think you should be sorry to ask this question. You have done so in a respectful way. All I can tell you is that it has been proven that I have owned video stores in conn since 1987. I have been in retail a very long time. I just didn't appear out of the blue. Take a moment and please read my testimonial page. I didn't make that stuff up. If you have any other questions please email me and I would be more then happy to address all your concerns or just asked them on this thread!

I've already bought five games from him, and they all arrived in great condition(the used ones), and they all came quick. His customer service is great. One game I bought used, but he ran out, so he shipped a new copy instead, and then wrote an email that sounded almost apologetic. I hope he runs a deal on NCAA football & Madden, I know its a long time but I'd preorder those in a heart beat. BTW I've already got my halo3/gta4/forza 2 preorders in.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you're going to get the Limited/Collector's Edition for Mass Effect in. If you sold it at a discounted price, I'd definitely buy it. Thanks.[/quote]

As of right now there is only one version of Mass Effect in my distributors computer. If a special edition comes out I will work with people who may want to make a change. I will also discount it along the sames lines as the regular version. Kinda like halo 3.

[quote name='NWgamer666']gun, GRAW1, Bionicle, Bomberman, PGR3, THAW, Tomb raider Legend, Appears all 06 sports games = excluded. All ready your smarter than EB/GS was a while ago before they put the restrictions on trade 3 get $10.

The other trade in prices just can't get me to part with my games, except gears is tempting 27.50 + $10 towards game =14.xx for brand new game. Hopefully for your business' sake others will feel differently. I would have traded in PGR3, but It appears you have plenty of those. If I find any games cheap at pawn shop, Ill trade em in.[/quote]

I based my trade in prices pretty much on what i thought the current used market will bear subtract $7 to $10 dollars. Keep in mind when I resell these things the prices are pretty good. My every day price for Lost planet used is $37.99 This is $17 dollars cheaper then a competitor, and I also think my trade values are in line with everyone elses.

You're right wampa jedi, I must have missed that. 5 dollars trade in per game, not 10.

It would appear that the trade in values are inline with everyone else. I'm sure you've calculated the margins for yourself to be the best price you can give, hopefully it will work for you so's I can see more roaring preorder specials.

[quote name='liongames']As of right now there is only one version of Mass Effect in my distributors computer. If a special edition comes out I will work with people who may want to make a change. I will also discount it along the sames lines as the regular version. Kinda like halo 3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know in the US there's only 1 version of Mass Effect announced at the moment, but today some information was leaked about a special edition and I've suspected that one would come out, so hopefully all will work out and you'll get it. Thanks for the quick response! Look forward to doing business in the near future.

hi liongames, i was wondering how much do we get for our trade ins? is it $5 extra on top of what ever we pre order? and is shipping only $5 or 5 per game? hope im not asking too much questions? looking foward to preordering and getting some deals. thanks

[quote name='ogbaka']hi liongames, i was wondering how much do we get for our trade ins? is it $5 extra on top of what ever we pre order? and is shipping only $5 or 5 per game? hope im not asking too much questions? looking foward to preordering and getting some deals. thanks[/quote]

If you use the sell games link on the home page, it will list all the trade in values for you. The $5.00 is the amount you get to deduct of the price of the game. Therefore if you wanted Lost Odyssey and had two trade-ins worth 20 bucks each. you would be able to buy Lost Odyssey for $42.99-$40 for your two trades to net you a cost of $2.99. If you had no trades Lost odyssey cost $52.99

Well I pulled the trigger and preordered Mass Effect and Bioshock, question for you though Liongames. If you do end up getting the Mass Effect special edition, would I be able to upgrade my preorder to that if I chose? Not sure if I will yet as I dont know what it even has, just wondering... Also thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

[quote name='Greendomo']Well I pulled the trigger and preordered Mass Effect and Bioshock, question for you though Liongames. If you do end up getting the Mass Effect special edition, would I be able to upgrade my preorder to that if I chose? Not sure if I will yet as I dont know what it even has, just wondering... Also thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.[/quote]

As far as I am concerned until I ship your product the money is yours. Up until that point you can cancel, change versions, changes games. All you have to do is email me and I will take care of what ever you want to do.

[quote name='liongames']First of all Command and Conquer 3 is on this weeks specials list. Let me know if you want to take advantage advantage of the trading discount.

There isn't a lot of information out on Halo 3 Legendary right now. My distributor doesn't know how many pieces they will be getting in. The information I can share with the board now is Microsoft does not want this edition on the shelves on day 1. It will be a pre-order item only. They are shooting to have the collectors edition off the shelf by day 30.

I will also be checking with my programmer tommorow night about the different shipping options.[/QUOTE]

Should I email you if I do? I have three games I wouldn't mind trading in. there not worth much but there on your list. Also would I just be able to move my credit over for another game instead of being paid to my paypal then back to you?

Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='Damion']Should I email you if I do? I have three games I wouldn't mind trading in. There not worth much but there on your list. Also would I just be able to move my credit over for another game instead of being paid to my paypal then back to you?

Thanks in advance :)[/quote]

Yes I would give you the credit for the value of the three games plus $15.00 to reflect the discount on Command. I would just add the credit to your account afterI received the three games, and you can do what ever you want with it from there. All you need to do is hit the sell games buttons on the home page, and complete an invoice selling me the 3 games. Make a note to me in the comments section, so I will remember to give you the extra $15.00 credit. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

[quote name='liongames']As far as I am concerned until I ship your product the money is yours. Up until that point you can cancel, change versions, changes games. All you have to do is email me and I will take care of what ever you want to do.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, here's the box art of the (European) Mass Effect limited edition:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12993/Mass-Effect-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Box-Cover/

I'm certain a lot of us are going to want to switch our orders (myself included), so will you kindly let us know the moment it becomes available?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Speaking of which, here's the box art of the (European) Mass Effect limited edition:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12993/Mass-Effect-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Box-Cover/

I'm certain a lot of us are going to want to switch our orders (myself included), so will you kindly let us know the moment it becomes available?[/quote]

As soon as I get the info I will post it on this thread. Bioware has been pretty tight about releasing info so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back