Pre Order - Mass Effect, Bioshock (X360) 39.99 GTA IV 42.99 (X360) @ Liongames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Greendomo']Hey Tony, how long will your assassins creed deal last?[/quote]

I would say at least a month. It is always hard to say. I may hit a limit on some of the games and pull the plug or sometimes if the deal doesn't go fast enough I may pull the plug also. Spiderman is short because with an early May release I want to know how many I need to order by the 24th.

After doing research and looking at Tony's replies at this and other forums (the Slickdealers were brutal), I've decided to give him some of my trust. I went ahead and place deposits on the three games about which this thread was created. I'm about to place deposits on Half Life 2 and Assassin's Creed. Hopefully Liongames comes through for those of us who ordered.

Just throwing in a vote of confidence; I ordered Guitar Hero II from Liongames and received it promptly. Traded in a couple games to bring down the price, and Tony's great customer service helped a lot.

[quote name='Kayden']Would it be possible to get a deal on the PC copy of Half Life Episode 2? :bouncy:[/quote]

Kayden. I will check with my distributor on monday. They are not selling a bunch of pc games these days. I would like to make sure that we will get what we order on a timely basis if we order a pc game. I probably won't add it to the site. Shoot me an email on monday for a reminder and then we can work out the details.

[quote name='PostalPee']After doing research and looking at Tony's replies at this and other forums (the Slickdealers were brutal), I've decided to give him some of my trust. I went ahead and place deposits on the three games about which this thread was created. I'm about to place deposits on Half Life 2 and Assassin's Creed. Hopefully Liongames comes through for those of us who ordered.[/quote]

Yes a few of the slickdealers have been tough, but I do a some real strong supporters there. One guy post every deal that comes out on a new thread. This weeks deals have been posted under this thread, but I think many CAGs may miss the new deals without them having having their own thread. This thread has about 500 replies, so I am sure some people have stopped reading it.

As far as me coming through, I already have and will continue to do so. I feel it is important in life to treat other people right. I don't do this just for business, I try to treat people right in all areas of my life.

When I trade a game in how does the $5 extra trade in bonus show up? Do I need to order something at the same time of trading it in?

After looking more at the site.. is the $5 extra bonus only avail for some games? Looking the the 360 ones.

[quote name='liongames']I am listening to the CAGs, as well as a few other forums. Someone asked this morning about Shadowrun. I will put that on special near the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

That would be me, and thank you for the deal. I'm looking to get Shadowrun at/or around release & I'm trying to convience clan members at o3oempire.net to pick it up aswell. From what little in game footage I've seen it looks like a fast paced, non-serious FPS, and I want a good FPS to goof on, and it would be a good change up for RS: Vegas & GOW. Half Life 2, GTA 4, & Halo 3 are definitely on my "to buy" list. I'm keeping my eye on Hour of Victory, Battlefield Bad Company, Rogue Warrior, Fuels of War, Turok, Madden 08, Huxely, Unreal 3, & etc. Most of these I'll probaly want to preorder.

I plan to have a second X360 for my bro, so more than likely I'd need 2 copies of each.

You could make a new thread and update the OP with your weekly deals, I know I'd check it.

[quote name='liongames']Yes a few of the slickdealers have been tough, but I do a some real strong supporters there. One guy post every deal that comes out on a new thread. This weeks deals have been posted under this thread, but I think many CAGs may miss the new deals without them having having their own thread. This thread has about 500 replies, so I am sure some people have stopped reading it.

As far as me coming through, I already have and will continue to do so. I feel it is important in life to treat other people right. I don't do this just for business, I try to treat people right in all areas of my life.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']You could make a new thread and update the OP with your weekly deals, I know I'd check it.[/quote]

This would be nice, since it's hard to see when you have new deals, with a massive thread like this.

Also, I had a small suggestion. From reading a lot of this thread and other ones, a lot of people seem to not "trust" you Tony. I was wondering, I see a lot of deals for games comming out in the future some up to 4-5 months away at best. You think you could offer a deal on a game available, now.

I mean if people see a deal, buy it, and get it. I can just see your pre-order deals multiplying in your favor. Just a thought.

[quote name='MagusZ']This would be nice, since it's hard to see when you have new deals, with a massive thread like this.

Also, I had a small suggestion. From reading a lot of this thread and other ones, a lot of people seem to not "trust" you Tony. I was wondering, I see a lot of deals for games comming out in the future some up to 4-5 months away at best. You think you could offer a deal on a game available, now.

I mean if people see a deal, buy it, and get it. I can just see your pre-order deals multiplying in your favor. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

yeah, a new thread wouldn't hurt.

My suggestion is for Tony/Lion Games to start a CAG trade page, since members are buying & trading him their used games. When consumers search the net they might find Tony's CAG trade page listings further promoting the Cheap Ass Gamer site.:lol: Or possible Lion Games could donate 1-2 copies of popular new releases preorders to contests for CAG podcast contests after a certain number has been sold.

I just also want to say that although I do not post much, I have gone ahead and preordered Mass Effect. Great Deal!

Went ahead and put a deposit down on GTA... it'll save me 15 bucks

Edit: I noticed under the order status link

it just has

Payment Type: PayPal
My Name
??
??, ?? 00000
US
My Phone

are they able to get my info from my paypal?

Switched my Mass Effect preorder over to a Ninja Gaiden Sigma preorder (thanks Tony!). I'm probably going to crack on HL2:Orange & Assassin's Creed before the month is over. Thanks for the PS3 deals!

I would absolutely not be able to resist a Lair deal, btw... ;)

Just ordered Spider-man 3 for 360, to go along with my Mass Effect, Bioshock and GTA 4 preorders.

Tony how long will the Assassins Creed deal last? I was thinking of preordering it once I've received Spider-man...

So if i don't pay the entire pre order today am i still guarenteed my preorder price if you stop the deal before i finish paying?

[quote name='rishid']When I trade a game in how does the $5 extra trade in bonus show up? Do I need to order something at the same time of trading it in?

After looking more at the site.. is the $5 extra bonus only avail for some games? Looking the the 360 ones.[/quote]

The $5.00 extra bonus is good for the march specials. So if you trade in two games, you select the game with 2 trade ins, and you will see the discount in the starting price. After you added the game to the cart, hit the trade games button, and find your value of the trade in, and that will be deducted from the invoice also.

[quote name='retail sucks']That would be me, and thank you for the deal. I'm looking to get Shadowrun at/or around release & I'm trying to convience clan members at o3oempire.net to pick it up aswell. From what little in game footage I've seen it looks like a fast paced, non-serious FPS, and I want a good FPS to goof on, and it would be a good change up for RS: Vegas & GOW. Half Life 2, GTA 4, & Halo 3 are definitely on my "to buy" list. I'm keeping my eye on Hour of Victory, Battlefield Bad Company, Rogue Warrior, Fuels of War, Turok, Madden 08, Huxely, Unreal 3, & etc. Most of these I'll probaly want to preorder.

I plan to have a second X360 for my bro, so more than likely I'd need 2 copies of each.[/quote]

I will keep an eye on your list. Shadowrun will be on the next special list.

[quote name='Kayden']You could make a new thread and update the OP with your weekly deals, I know I'd check it.[/quote]

If I start my own threads, they probably would be considered spam. It is more or less up to the CAGs to start the threads. Once the thread is started it isn't unethical for me to pop on there and answer any questions people may have.

[quote name='MagusZ']This would be nice, since it's hard to see when you have new deals, with a massive thread like this.

I mean if people see a deal, buy it, and get it. I can just see your pre-order deals multiplying in your favor. Just a thought.[/quote]

The trust issue is getting less and less because plenty of people have ordered ,and have reported back success. keep in mind many of my March specials are due out in may. When I first started Mass Effect and Bioshock both games were slated for May. Very few games are due out in April. Spiderman is due out in early May. Keep in mind that I need to pre-order the games with my distributor about a month before release to insure a timely delivery. That is why some specials run a few months in advance. Assassins Creed and Half Life are early, but people here wanted those game to be on special.

[quote name='Greendomo']Just ordered Spider-man 3 for 360, to go along with my Mass Effect, Bioshock and GTA 4 preorders.

Tony how long will the Assassins Creed deal last? I was thinking of preordering it once I've received Spider-man...[/quote]

The deal should be around after spideramsn get released.

[quote name='panasonic']So if i don't pay the entire pre order today am i still guarenteed my preorder price if you stop the deal before i finish paying?[/quote]

Your pre-order price is guaranteed when you leave a deposit.

Tony, just wanted to let you know I have paid in full Mass Effect and Half-Life 2 Orange box both for Xbox 360 :)

I hope to become a frequent buyer, hopefully my trust in you is not proven to be a bad choice of judgement on my part. I trust people and hopefully you follow through with the personallity you show on these sites. (Not to sound rude in this post, it's just I work hard for my money and would really hate to see it wasted or feel scammed :( but I trust you).

Thanks for the great deals.

Dude, if permission is an issue, just PM CheapyD and ask if you may start your own deal thread. Briansraregames has had a couple of his own deal threads. There have been others but they've been nowhere near as active as you.

[quote name='liongames']If I start my own threads, they probably would be considered spam. It is more or less up to the CAGs to start the threads. Once the thread is started it isn't unethical for me to pop on there and answer any questions people may have.[/quote]

[quote name='MagusZ']Tony, just wanted to let you know I have paid in full Mass Effect and Half-Life 2 Orange box both for Xbox 360 :)

I hope to become a frequent buyer, hopefully my trust in you is not proven to be a bad choice of judgement on my part. I trust people and hopefully you follow through with the personallity you show on these sites. (Not to sound rude in this post, it's just I work hard for my money and would really hate to see it wasted or feel scammed :( but I trust you).

Thanks for the great deals.[/quote]

Hi MagusZ. It is good to hear that you trust people. I believe that is an important quality to have in life. I feel it is easier to get ahead if you can trust others. I been in business a very long time. People don't stay in business if they betray peoples trust. Have a good day.

[quote name='liongames']I will keep an eye on your list. Shadowrun will be on the next special list.[/QUOTE]

Thank you,

I'm definetly going to get this as soon as the deal goes up. And like I said previously my online clan is all about FPS's, and games like Halo3, Bad Company, Rogue Warrior, Frontlines Fuels of War, Huxley are "required" game buys at our near release, so if everything goes smooth with my Shadowrun preoreder I'd have no problem refering them to the site to save a few bucks.

IMO, if okay with Cheapy & the mods, I'd recommend a trade page here. Everyone link their new & used Ebay, GTZ, & TGN trade/game stuff here, & so why not LION games? It would help keep up with the number of items sold and traded here with feedback.

[quote name='liongames']I been in business a very long time. People don't stay in business if they betray peoples trust. Have a good day.[/QUOTE]

very true.

Ordered with Liongames a couple of days ago and everything went well. Their customer service was really great. I will be buying from them again very soon.

I hope some of these deals (Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA IV) are around in 2 weeks. I already have stuff to buy friday, but if these stay around, I will be paying the full amount on at least 2 of these.

I second the love for Lion games! I just hope Tony has a deal for NCAA football 2008 and madden, Those are my must have games . .Heck even if I just save a couple bucks(to cover postage), I'll be in, if only to support a small businessman with great customer service, over one of the big box/chain stores.

I have a question that's probably been answered 1,000 times, but if I leave 10 dollars on the game now... within 30 days I'll be able to pay the 29.99 and still get the game for 39.99 even if the deal expires or whatever?

[quote name='tiredfornow']I have a question that's probably been answered 1,000 times, but if I leave 10 dollars on the game now... within 30 days I'll be able to pay the 29.99 and still get the game for 39.99 even if the deal expires or whatever?[/quote]

yes, the pre-order is garunteed

I would like to preorder for these great prices, my only concern is that I don't know if the PS3 or the xbox360 version is going to be better (assassin's creed, GTA 4 for instance). I don't suppose you can preorder and change platforms for the same game later?

[quote name='hhhdx4']yes, the pre-order is garunteed[/quote]

wow this is neat. nice!.. friday, half life 2 orange box, and bioshock will be mine!

Hey Tony,
I can certainly appreciate that you don't want to start a lot of threads, but perhaps could you please update this pre-order page?

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/preorder/

I (or we here) could bookmark the page and check periodically to see what specials are active. It would be a whole lot easier than scrolling through page after page to figure it out.

Thanks. :D

[quote name='frec']mass effect got delayed til sept[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.

I assume you are referring this article:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162430

As others have noted in different forums, this article is likely referring to the European release date. Note that CVG is a British site and that the article refers to it releasing in the same month as Blue Dragon (previously confirmed for an August release in North America)... until I hear otherwise, I'm taking it as a confirmed date for Europe, not North America.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Perhaps.

I assume you are referring this article:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162430

As others have noted in different forums, this article is likely referring to the European release date. Note that CVG is a British site and that the article refers to it releasing in the same month as Blue Dragon (previously confirmed for an August release in North America)... until I hear otherwise, I'm taking it as a confirmed date for Europe, not North America.[/quote]
This is the smartest reply to a post I have read all day regarding the Mass Effect delay. Thank you for relieving some of my anxiety.

For all the people wondering about the Bioshock LE: it has now been announced as a GameStop/EB Games exclusive, so it doesn't look like Liongames would be able to offer you that title at all. It's a shame, I definitely would have wanted a copy at $50 but it looks like I'm just going to continue avoiding GameStop/EB Games and unfortunately missing out on this.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back