Pre-order: Mega Man 25th Anniversary 3DS Case

Is it just me, or is this rather hypocritical to sell this, considering that Capcom killed Megaman Legends 3 for the 3DS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Legends_3
Since I can't grasp how in the world or in what reality that is remotely hypocritical... I think it's just you.

For starters, this case is not based off Rockman Dash 3 in any way shape or form, so the basis for bringing it up is moot. We also don't know the full story about why the game was killed off (many suspect it actually became E.X. Troopers), but Keiji Inafune was one of the biggest supports had left a while before the announcement and probably played a big role in that.

With Dash 3 handled, we're looking at classic Nintendo 8 bit Rockman, which lines up with Capcom bringing the original games to the 3DS VC for the 25th anniversary. It also matches Rockman appearing in Super Smash Bros, since it's also based off the classic 8 bit version.

So anyway, how exactly is it hypocritical for Capcom to cancel a spin off of this franchise on the 3DS, but make these cases anyway?

Jeez, economy shipping is $6.70.  That's crazy.  This was going to be an automatic buy for me, but that shipping fee now has me hesitating.

Words cannot describe how much I have grown to hate Capcom, who was once one of my favorite companies.

They consistently tease and mock megaman fans (blaming MML3 failure on the fans, hyping up the crowd on the 25th anniversary only to release shinobi gameplay, putting in irrelevant fat megaman into SF x T that is a console exclusive, putting a Mary Sue in place of Megaman in MvC3, etc.) yet they continue to shovel megaman merchandise to profitize off the brand appeal. This case is a perfect example of it too. Not a single Megaman game has been made for the 3DS (lol ports) yet they are pumping out a 3DS and XL case after they cancelled the Megaman title.

Sure, Megaman 9 and 10 were both really, really good, but this doesn't excuse the insurmountable amount of crap this company is pulling. I would rather have Capcom die and bring the Megaman franchise down with it then to put up with anymore of Capcom's antics.

And if all this wasn't enough, its only available through the CAPCOM STORE, the same store that delayed THOUSANDS of MvC3 pre-orders that were "guaranteed" release date delivery.

So anyway, how exactly is it hypocritical for Capcom to cancel a spin off of this franchise on the 3DS, but make these cases anyway?
I can't speak for anyone else, but the way I see it, it's how Capcom uses MM. They cancelled MML3 due to the lack of fan support but they still plaster him on anything they can, to make a quick buck.

Obviously, there's probably more to it on both sides, but even as someone who never cared for MM that much, I would have loved to see MML3. The PS1 outings were damn fun.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the way I see it, it's how Capcom uses MM. They cancelled MML3 due to the lack of fan support but they still plaster him on anything they can, to make a quick buck.

Obviously, there's probably more to it on both sides, but even as someone who never cared for MM that much, I would have loved to see MML3. The PS1 outings were damn fun.
I suppose I get that logic, but I would say my knowledge of Japanese stuff throws me off. Like you claim they plaster him on anything they can, yet can you believe the Japanese Capcom store lists over 1,000 Monster Hunter items? Where as Rockman has a mere 84 items. Even games like Sengoku Basara have several times more items than Rockman in Japan.

Sure would be nice if there could ever be a discussion of Mega Man products without beating a dead horse.

I was fortunate enough to pick this up at Comic Con and it's a seriously great case. Worth every penny, even if digital river is shipping them. (I was one of the people stuck in the mvc3 fiasco.)

Why does everyone make a big deal about MML3? Are we forgetting they cancelled Mega Man Universe too? Which was going to be a remake of MM2 and going to have the ability to create and share your own content. Not to mention Ryu (and others) being playable. I will never forgive Capcom for cancelling that.

That's an awesome case.  I can't think of anything I've want more to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my favorite video game character, 'cause, you know, an actual game being released would make just a little too much sense.

Eh, its just a shell w/ a screen print. Now if it replaced the colored panels on the XL completely, THEN i'd be interested. But a cheap snap on case? Meh...

That's funny, I emailed them if they were ever going to have it & guess they decided to deliver. All I'm worried about is the bad things I hear about digital river.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup Digital River lost two of my orders. One was ordered through Capcom for the Dead Rising 2 High Roller Edition and the other one was for WWE 12' collectors edition through THQ's website. I've had digital river be the supplier in other orders but those two were complete nightmares to deal with. Ended up filing with BBB to get it fixed. They did end up sending me my products though. I'm really surprised a lot of online stores from game companies use digital river still. (Capcom, Square-Enix and the now defunct THQ)

There is a difference between committing resources to developing a game and slapping a MM picture on games cases though. Also MML1 and MML2 weren't just damn fun, they still are damn fun and very much ahead of their time. MML3 would've been a system seller for me no matter what console it went.

Sure, Megaman 9 and 10 were both really, really good, but this doesn't excuse the insurmountable amount of crap this company is pulling. I would rather have Capcom die and bring the Megaman franchise down with it then to put up with anymore of Capcom's antics.
So in your ideal scenario, they stop making Mega Man games. How is that different from what's happening now? The difference being in that scenario they stop selling MM 3DS cases? Really?

bread's done
Back