Pre-order MIB III [Blu-ray/DVD], get Free MIB Ticket (First 10,000)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: Amazon has been sending out this disclaimer with movie codes. I can't say for sure whether they'll truly charge you $10 if you cancel your pre-order, as the wording even says "return" rather than cancel. But do keep this in mind when pre-ordering:

If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon has a pretty good, albeit pretty stupid offer right now. If you're one of the first 10,000 people to pre-order Men in Black III on Blu-ray or DVD by June 25th, they'll give you a $10 Movie cash promo code to see Men in Black III in theaters

LINK

Since there is absolutely no restrictions put on this, people will abuse it. Thus, if you are interested it's best to pre-order ASAP. So so dumb Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='krashhole']Pathetic. It's people with this kind of mindset that ruin deals for others or possibly everyone.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is our fault that amazon created a dumb promo

damn, LOL
You could go into BB or Walmart & buy MIB 1 or 2 & it comes with $10 movie cash attached. But then there's people who'll just remove the sticker & return the dvds too.

Just came back from an advanced screening of MIB3 in IMAX. The movie is enjoyable, but pretty dated. They are playing a 6 minute trailer for Spider-Man in front of MIB3, which is really cool.

[quote name='krashhole']Pathetic. It's people with this kind of mindset that ruin deals for others or possibly everyone.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I'll buy it still when it drops, but don't come on cheap ass and call me a cheap ass!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Just got my code at 3am, but I ordered at 2:30pm. Haven't tried it yet. I probably won't use it. I have free tickets to a Men in Black 3 screening today (thursday) at 7:30pm. I'm hoping it's in the Imax theater.[/QUOTE]
Depending on your theater (and depending on that MIB 3 voucher - haven't seen it yet myself) but you can redeem the voucher for another movie aside from MIB 3.

Did that last year with the Harry Potter Hallows 2 movie voucher and got tickets for Captain America 1st Avenger instead :cool:

Anyone actually going to try and see if you can redeem this moviecash for a another movie instead of MiB3? Im kind of not interested in seeing it after what happened in MiB2.

Successfully redeemed my code on the site. Even though I wasnt the biggest fan of MiB2 I'll go see this one for free....hope Amazon does the same with Batman!

[quote name='CWest']Cancelled three minutes after ordering lol[/QUOTE]

At least cancel it a month later so it won't look at bad. I would like to see this kind of deal again.

[quote name='62t']At least cancel it a month later so it won't look at bad. I would like to see this kind of deal again.[/QUOTE]

We're pretty ethical here on CAG, but SD ripped off this thread and put it on the front page. A guy on there was boasting that he's eBaying the dozen he got.

Doubt Amazon loses anything from canceled pre-orders, it's Sony's largesse 100%. Very little risk of repercussions to users or abusers.

[quote name='XF Gator']We're pretty ethical here on CAG, but SD ripped off this thread and put it on the front page. A guy on there was boasting that he's eBaying the dozen he got.

Doubt Amazon loses anything from canceled pre-orders, it's Sony's largesse 100%. Very little risk of repercussions to users or abusers.[/QUOTE]

No. At first amazon was giving Dead Space XBLA code as soon as you preorder DS2. However it was quickly change to only sending the code after the game shipped. It looks bad if they got a bunch of cancel order the same time. At least give it a month or two.

[quote name='XF Gator']Doubt Amazon loses anything from canceled pre-orders, it's Sony's largesse 100%. Very little risk of repercussions to users or abusers.[/QUOTE]

Posted this on the movie thread, but Sony is desperate to get MIB 3 going strong.

MIB 3 is already getting mixed reviews, hovering around the 60% range:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men_in_black_iii/

But Sony has already spent north of $215 million (possibly $230 million) so much so that Sony is refusing to even pay for the 3D glasses.

Sony needs the upcoming world wide 4-day weekend gross to at least hit $200 million to guarantee that it doesn't flop. And if it's not going to do as well in the box office, at least they can recoup their money in those DVD/BR sales.

Articles:

The Daily: "Sony's 'Men in Black 3' Nightmare"

Deadline: "Sony and Cinemas not budging on who pays for 3D Glasses"

Deal's still good. Ordered my blu ray & got the code about 30 seconds later. Printed it out. I'll wait & if the price is right I may actually keep the order. It all depends on what Target & BB charge & if they have any nice premiums. Won't know that for several months.

[quote name='ssjmichael']they definitely have more than 10,000 of these. No way they wouldn't have gone through 10K yet[/QUOTE]i agree me and my sister we both got codes for tickets so it still works;)

now to cancel the orders:cold:

[quote name='HanawayCoca']http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/imag...TermsandconditionsMIB3part2._V147336848_.html

Terms and conditions of this promotion: Only purchases of select Blu-ray movies from Amazon.com qualify.

Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer.

Restrictions include the following:

• [FONT=&quot]Offer expires on 7/5/2012[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]e-Movie[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Cash certificates can be used for UP TO $10.00 toward admission to Men in Black 3. e-Concession Cash certificates can be used for $5.00 off any concession purchase[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]No cash to be provided as change.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Valid in the United States only[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, expired or damaged. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not redeemable for cash.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not for resale. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not valid with any other offer.[/FONT]
  • While supplies last.

LOL at the guy trying to order 10,000.[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI as they've updated the terms to include:

Terms and Conditions:

If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Just a FYI as they've updated the terms to include:

Terms and Conditions:

If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.[/QUOTE]

Which is completely idiotic of Amazon if they do this. Yes some people are abusing this just to get a free ticket, but Amazon set it up so dumb that they had to expect that. But that isn't to say everyone pre-ordering did it just for the tickets.

There are some who may be completely unaware of the promotion and just wanted to pre-order MIB III. There are others who may have been interested in pre-ordering and are waiting till after they see the movie to decide. Now supposing they hate the movie, why would they keep the pre-order for it? That's why it's stupid as hell to offer movie cash for the BD of the same movie, and then potentially punish anyone who decides after seeing it in theaters that they don't want the BD anymore.

It should also be noted that the penalty you're quoting is nowhere to be found (as far as I can see) when doing the initial order. It's only in the email you get with the movie code that they say it. That's completely misleading. I guarantee if they said they'd charge you $10 if you cancel a pre-order a ton of people wouldn't even bother.

Can't wait to see the aftermath of this if Amazon starts charging people $10 for a cancelled order.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Which is completely idiotic of Amazon if they do this. Yes some people are abusing this just to get a free ticket, but Amazon set it up so dumb that they had to expect that. But that isn't to say everyone pre-ordering did it just for the tickets.

There are some who may be completely unaware of the promotion and just wanted to pre-order MIB III. There are others who may have been interested in pre-ordering and are waiting till after they see the movie to decide. Now supposing they hate the movie, why would they keep the pre-order for it That's why it's stupid as hell to offer movie cash for the BD of the movie, and then potentially punish anyone who decides after seeing it that they don't want it anymore.

It should also be noted that the penalty you're quoting is nowhere to be found (as far as I can see) when doing the initial order. It's only in the email you get with the movie code that they say it. That's completely misleading. I guarantee if they said they'd charge you $10 if you cancel a pre-order a ton of people wouldn't even bother.

Can't wait to see the aftermath of this if Amazon starts charging people $10 for a cancelled order.[/QUOTE]
That because people cancel the order as soon as they get the code. If people cancel gradually they won't have to do this.

[quote name='62t']That because people cancel the order as soon as they get the code. If people cancel gradually they won't have to do this.[/QUOTE]

That restriction was there from the start though, it wasn't just added or anything. It's been included in all the emails they've been sending out with the codes. It's the "catch" of this offer apparently, which of course sounded too good to be true. I just want to see if they carry it out.

It's also strange that they use the word return rather than cancel. The two aren't interchangeable as far as I'm concerned

[quote name='ssjmichael']Which is completely idiotic of Amazon if they do this. Yes some people are abusing this just to get a free ticket, but Amazon set it up so dumb that they had to expect that. But that isn't to say everyone pre-ordering did it just for the tickets.

There are some who may be completely unaware of the promotion and just wanted to pre-order MIB III. There are others who may have been interested in pre-ordering and are waiting till after they see the movie to decide. Now supposing they hate the movie, why would they keep the pre-order for it? That's why it's stupid as hell to offer movie cash for the BD of the same movie, and then potentially punish anyone who decides after seeing it in theaters that they don't want the BD anymore.

Can't wait to see the aftermath of this if Amazon starts charging people $10 for a cancelled order.[/QUOTE]If you really wanted to be a dick over this, you could say that canceling a pre-order isn't returning it, because you've received nothing to return.

At this point, canceling it =/= returning it after the order has shipped out. Plus, if it's not in the order information anywhere, it's a little slimy to have it snuck into the promotional code email with the $10 code. It wasn't part of the original order agreement, so why would you think they could change it after the fact?

[quote name='shrike4242']If you really wanted to be a dick over this, you could say that canceling a pre-order isn't returning it, because you've received nothing to return.

At this point, canceling it =/= returning it after the order has shipped out. Plus, if it's not in the order information anywhere, it's a little slimy to have it snuck into the promotional code email with the $10 code. It wasn't part of the original order agreement, so why would you think they could change it after the fact?[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with either point (you or SSJMichael), just noting the addition in the verbiage --- since it may be important (and I have friends I've shared this with get made at me about that line).

I also wouldn't want my Amazon account banned over something like this, especially a movie I probably would never see in the theaters (or at all) otherwise.

SSJ: I agree 100% that it'd be insane for Amazon to do this, but it doesn't mean that it might not cause some harm to some who took advantage of this "deal." The excuse "I didn't like the movie and would not want to buy the BRD." might not fly, regardless of the validity.

Yeah I know. I didn't even bother ordering this because I don't plan on buying the Blu-ray for it, and I don't have any desire to just buy and cancel to get a free ticket. I just look forward to seeing how Amazon handles any cancelled orders for this.

I'm going to add a disclaimer to the op too.

My email never said anything about the return/getting charged for it. However, I did go see the movie yesterday and have to see what the price is at when it launches, because while I enjoyed the movie, it's not worth what the price it is at now imo.

My view on this. I was never planning on seeing MIB III in theaters. Because of the movie money, I'm gonna see it by the end of the week, thus the chances of my buying the blu ray increases because I might like it. In the end this promotion is a good risk for whatever company thought the promotion up.

[quote name='MoCiWe']My email never said anything about the return/getting charged for it. However, I did go see the movie yesterday and have to see what the price is at when it launches, because while I enjoyed the movie, it's not worth what the price it is at now imo.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Used the coupon and everything checked out (I just had to pay $2.50 because 3D costs $12.50 and the coupon only covers $10). I thought it was a good movie but I'm not really sure about buying the bluray. And not for the price the preorder is for. I'll just wait until about I'm about a month or week away and I'll cancel it.

Got a email from Amazon yesterday saying MIB 3 will be released in December.

Estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - December 08, 2012

We never got to the theater to see this, even after printing out the free tickets :( So I can't wait to see it.

[quote name='n00bie']I did the same thing, never used the tickets :([/QUOTE]Ah well. At least we can watch in the comfort of our own living room :)

bread's done
Back