Pre Order: Mortal Kombat Klassic Fightstick $129.99

idk if the old lay out would work that well since there is big space betwenen backhands and front hands. and it wouldnt translate to other games well like the te stick does so its like just for mk and thats it hehe. i like to play even arcade games with my te stick :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']idk if the old lay out would work that well since there is big space betwenen backhands and front hands. and it wouldnt translate to other games well like the te stick does so its like just for mk and thats it hehe. i like to play even arcade games with my te stick :)[/QUOTE]

You do realize this is the exact same layout as the TE stick, right?

Can't be bothered to use two different button layouts (SF/MK). I've found that MK9 works great with my MadCatz TE stick. My fingers already know where the buttons are!

[quote name='SEH']I know it's a throwback to the MK1 arcade cabinet, but Christ is that thing hideous.[/QUOTE]

Umm no this thing is gorgeous. Its throwback. Looks perfect MK1 in my opinion.

according to the press release it also comes with a code to redeem the arcade collection. i guess gamestop hasn't updated the info yet.

"To help players create an arcade experience at home, GameStop will exclusively offer a limited run of the new Mortal Kombat™ Klassic Fight Sticks designed and manufactured by Performance Designed Products (“PDP”), creators of the sold-out Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Sticks, bundled with a code to download Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection. Both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the Mortal Kombat™ Klassic Fight Sticks are available for pre-order now for $129.99 at www.gamestop.com."

[quote name='xDerekRx']Umm no this thing is gorgeous. Its throwback. Looks perfect MK1 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]:applause: exactly. I'm not sure if people just expect it to have a bunch of anime characters on it or what.

Ugh, +1 for ugly. I realize this is made to reference original MK cabinets, but I think the label could use some work.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why this is priced at $130. Happ parts are remarkably cheap, especially compared to Sanwa parts. Point being that these things shouldn't cost nearly as much as the Fightstick TEs. Even with the $10 voucher, that's still an awful lot for the parts you're getting.

Meh. Regardless, I may pick one up anyway if the PCB is easily accessed and easily dual modded as with the Fightstick TEs. Hopefully PDP paid attention to one of the best features of the Mad Catz sticks. :3

Hideous indeed. If I had money just lying around I'd totally buy it for collection's sake - it is cool in the throwback way. But I wouldn't want to look at it whenever I play.

[quote name='randomthinker']Hideous indeed. If I had money just lying around I'd totally buy it for collection's sake - it is cool in the throwback way. But I wouldn't want to look at it whenever I play.[/QUOTE]
hideous fight stick: "Look at me... Look at me!!!"

The problem with this stick is that its layout makes it pretty much useless for Capcom fighting games, and if you're into fighters enough to buy a stick, you probably have one or two of them. You can always get another stick and just map both buttons in the middle to "block."

MK, though, is one of the few fighters that I personally think plays better with a controller. I'm playing the new MK on the new 360 controller (with the good d-pad), and I love it.

[quote name='SEH']You do realize this is the exact same layout as the TE stick, right?[/QUOTE]

sorry, was referring to the sf te

Thanks, but I'll stick with the MK 1 arcade cabinet I have in the garage. This does look just like it. Hell, I only paid $225 for the machine.

I'm a sucker for MK, though. I know I'll get the Arcade Kollection, even though I have multiple copies of all the early MKs for different systems.

[quote name='Donut2922']i'm glad the Arcade HD edition is coming out after all. for awhile there it was in limbo.[/QUOTE]

It's not HD unfortunately. I'm trying to get Ed Boon on Twitter to make it HD. Tweet his ass @noobde on Twitter and make him change it to HD.

Now I'm tempted to return the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition that I just got to wait for a possible drop on this.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It's not HD unfortunately. I'm trying to get Ed Boon on Twitter to make it HD. Tweet his ass @noobde on Twitter and make him change it to HD.[/QUOTE]
I know I was hoping all the sprites were going to be in HD. :cry:

Oh joy, another overpriced "special edition" joystick. Maybe I'm being too jaded, but it just seems like yet another transparent ploy to milk money from the gaming public. Just like retailer exclusive content, excessive DLC (Portal 2 comes to mind; $80 worth on day 1? WTF?), $100+ special editions, and extra charges for online play. How about focus on making good games that will build gamer loyalty instead of trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible?

[quote name='Excalibur']Oh joy, another overpriced "special edition" joystick. Maybe I'm being too jaded, but it just seems like yet another transparent ploy to milk money from the gaming public. Just like retailer exclusive content, excessive DLC (Portal 2 comes to mind; $80 worth on day 1? WTF?), $100+ special editions, and extra charges for online play. How about focus on making good games that will build gamer loyalty instead of trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible?[/QUOTE]

Calm down. This is a stand alone joystick so none of the stuff you say relates. Then you follow it up with a non-sequitur with game quality.

I too hate digital bonuses/incentives, but that has no real bearing on this topic.

Note that the build quality on these parts is not going to match the quality you remember from the arcades since Happ was bought out by a Chinese manufacturer.

If you want old school Happ quality you'll need to swap out for IL parts. I've heard some pissing and moaning about the upcoming PDP Tournament this weekend because PDP is providing the sticks and making everyone play on them.

Glad they're coming out w/ this.

It's sooooo ugly I know no one is gonna buy this shit. Gonna hit clearance bin a couple months after its release.

I wish they would've used the artwork from the MKII cabinet instead but this is still pretty cool. Not $130 cool after just buying my MK9 TE, but should be doable at a markdown level.

Also, add me to the list of people disappointed that the MK Kollection won't be HD. I already have MK, MKII and UMK3 for a bunch of systems and don't really need another set of perfect arcade ports. If they were HD, that'd be another story. Would've been a day 1 purchase for PS3 and 360.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It's not HD unfortunately. I'm trying to get Ed Boon on Twitter to make it HD. Tweet his ass @noobde on Twitter and make him change it to HD.[/QUOTE]

WTF :cry:

you think they would make it in HD if a bunch of fans tweeted him? an arcade port seems easy, but HD remake, i'm not sure if they have interest in taking on that project.

[quote name='CaoPi']does it come with any exclusive KONTENT? :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL! :lol:

It's a good thing I didn't buy a 2nd PDP TE stick, phew! Not really a big fan of the artwork but I do like everything else. From the pics I've seen online & description, I'm not sure if it'll have an internal storage area like in the TE.

Coming from a joystick collector/enthusiast, I'm surprised how much I like this PDP stick VERY much (nostalgia FTW!). Although I prefer Sanwa/Seimitsu parts, the Happ parts in this are pretty decent but then again, I'd recommend swapping out the Happ Comp stick to an iL Euro stick (& iL buttons if you don't like concave buttons).

These won't drop in price anytime soon after release (if at all) since they're limited to 6k (only 20k MK9 TE's were made). Not sure why peeps on here are complaining about it being $130 (w/3 MK games) since a quality wooden Happ stick from a reputable custom builder (Arcade-In-A-Box, etc.) would cost $150+...then again this is CAG...

Anyway, for those interested I suggest pre-ordering NOW before all 6k production run gets sold out.

bread's done
Back