Pre order Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS) and get a nifty sword stylus

But...I was saving my money for something...else. *cries*

So is that the same exact stylus as the one seen at TGS '07?

if you pre-order in store will you recieve it then? seems unlikely but just thought i'd ask.

[quote name='Aloha']if you pre-order in store will you recieve it then? seems unlikely but just thought i'd ask.[/quote]

You should still receive it. However, the pre-order stuff goes fast in the stores. The employees probably take most of the free stuff.

[quote name='farley91']You should still receive it. However, the pre-order stuff goes fast in the stores. The employees probably take most of the free stuff.[/quote]

AkA if you don't get it, bitch at employees, if that fails call corporate, bitch and complain. Either eventually one side caves or you return the game, then you know the rest. (Glitter+Magazine Rack)

They tried to fuck me out of my Castlevania 20th box thing from Portrait of Ruin. HAH!

Crud! I really didn't want to buy this game for the full $35 (plus tax) at Gamestop. I was hoping for something cheaper. But alas, I must order to get that killer stylus. Oh Gamestop, how much I both loathe and love thee.

Sweet. I'd love to get a hold of that stylus but the problem is I have no interest in the damn game. Paying $35 for a stylus might be a wee bit excessive. No clue what resale value will be and I assume you can't just return the thing without the stylus.

[quote name='henwy']Sweet. I'd love to get a hold of that stylus but the problem is I have no interest in the damn game. Paying $35 for a stylus might be a wee bit excessive. No clue what resale value will be and I assume you can't just return the thing without the stylus.[/quote]You can keep the stylus and sell the game online like ebay. You'll probably get the same price you paid or maybe more. :)

For something this awesome, best to order online AND order in store.. if one gets jacked and the other gets crushed.. you are cursed..

I noticed amazon has this game up for pre-order at $39.99... just in case if GS/EB has a price error, I'd urge you to order yours on line NOW (free-shipping code is "SAVER").

I pre-ordered from 3 different sources for the Castlevania PoR and managed to get two perfect copies of the bonus.

EDIT: Sorry.. almost forgot.. THANKS OP!!!

[quote name='georox']AkA if you don't get it, bitch at employees, if that fails call corporate, bitch and complain. Either eventually one side caves or you return the game, then you know the rest. (Glitter+Magazine Rack)

They tried to fuck me out of my Castlevania 20th box thing from Portrait of Ruin. HAH![/QUOTE]

has anyone actually recieved the stylus in store just for the pre-order, want to get confirmation before i actually go to the store. I know I can ask but the stores closed till tomorrow, i live in Hawaii so there's the time difference. By the time I wake up most of you (especially on the east coast) are already having lunch. :)

I pre-ordered it in the store yesterday.
The manager looked into her magic computer and said it looked like the stores would be getting the Stylus but since the release date was so far off and they had not actually gotten the game in yet she wouldn't make any promises.

I think just to be on the safe side I'm going to order another copy online just in case and return one of them to get N+ (it comes out a few days before Ninja Gaiden)

[quote name='Asgardian']For something this awesome, best to order online AND order in store.. if one gets jacked and the other gets crushed.. you are cursed..

I noticed amazon has this game up for pre-order at $39.99... just in case if GS/EB has a price error, I'd urge you to order yours on line NOW (free-shipping code is "SAVER").

I pre-ordered from 3 different sources for the Castlevania PoR and managed to get two perfect copies of the bonus.

EDIT: Sorry.. almost forgot.. THANKS OP!!![/quote]
Anytime I've ever had a problem with a pre-order bonus from EB/GS.com (crushed, broken, etc.), a quick complaint e-mail was all it took to get another one (of perfect quality) shipped my way.

I like the idea of a stylus controlled sword fighting game (Phantom Hourglass battling on steroids?), so I'm interested, but will probably wait for a better price and/or reviews. The sword stylus is a pretty cool bonus, but I think i'd rather just pay less. Hopefully some deals come along. Or if I just wait a while after release I'm sure the price will come down.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']You can keep the stylus and sell the game online like ebay. You'll probably get the same price you paid or maybe more. :)[/quote]

Doubtful. People love this stylus, as if evident with the eBay prices it has gone for, and I find it likely that a lot of people will be preordering for that reason. You could probably sell the stylus and get a hefty discount on the game.

I preordered this a week or two ago to get this stylus for my collection.

[quote name='Rocko']Doubtful. People love this stylus, as if evident with the eBay prices it has gone for, and I find it likely that a lot of people will be preordering for that reason. You could probably sell the stylus and get a hefty discount on the game.

I preordered this a week or two ago to get this stylus for my collection.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be able to sell the stylus and keep the game for free! That's how it went with the PW plushie sales on eBay.

If anything, preorder for the stylus as its value will likely pay for most, if not all, of your $35 preorder if you plan on selling it online. Of course, don't forget to note in the auction: "RARE HTF OOP !!!1"

Apparently the difficulty level on this one is supposed to be around the same as the Xbox version. Keep than in mind if you're planning on buying this (I still am interested, of course, just letting those who don't like difficult games know).

I heard it WASN'T suppossed to be as difficult; an action game for the rest of us, type of thing. Itagaki wants it to appeal to a broader base, so he is not making it as difficult. I can't remember where I read that, I think it was in an article when it was first being shown off. Same with NG 2- they are gonna have an easy mode for those who want to play but aren't up to perfecting it.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I heard it WASN'T suppossed to be as difficult; an action game for the rest of us, type of thing. Itagaki wants it to appeal to a broader base, so he is not making it as difficult. I can't remember where I read that, I think it was in an article when it was first being shown off. Same with NG 2- they are gonna have an easy mode for those who want to play but aren't up to perfecting it.[/quote]

Well that's different from what I read in EGM, where it said that it's going to be just as hardcore difficulty-wise as the original on Xbox. Even despite being on the mainstream-friendly DS.

[quote name='Rozz']Well that's different from what I read in EGM, where it said that it's going to be just as hardcore difficulty-wise as the original on Xbox. Even despite being on the mainstream-friendly DS.[/quote]

Was listening to 1Up Yours and they've said that it CAN be as hard if you play on the harder difficulties, but on the normal difficulty, it's not so bad.

The incompetent moron at EB had to ask me to repeat my phone number 3 times while he struggled to complete the pre-order transaction. Then, as I was about to get into my car, I noticed that he still managed to get my phone number wrong on my receipt! After I went back, he said he corrected my number in the system and didn't even give me a corrected receipt. I hope my pre-order won't get compromised in any way. Sheesh, since when did they start training retarded chimps to work at EB? :roll:

[quote name='bryan78']Sheesh, since when did they start training retarded chimps to work at EB? :roll:[/quote]
- Are you saying that they finally raised their standards?

I kid, the EB employees near me are actually good employees. I'm also in for the stylus. I'm a sucker for cool pre-order bonuses. Although the Castlevania 20th anniversary bonus set the bar VERY high.

Is there no other way besides buying it from GS or scalpers at eBay? I don't like the choices at the moment... and sadly I probably won't get it either if that is the case.

[quote name='skullflame']The stylus is super special awsome[/quote]

Fellow Abridged Series watcher!! :)

**edit** Oops.. Thanks OP! I'll be preordering it on Thursday!

I was thinking about this recently...

But $35 is an awful lot, dammit. Even for a nifty stylus sword.

I'll just pretend I have it by using my old-skool TMNT Leonardo's brown sword as a stylus.

[quote name='sterlingice']Has anyone seen any stylues(stylii?) pre-orders in store or are they going to come strictly when the game comes?

SI[/quote]
EB/GS usually receive pre-order bonuses at the same time they receive the game, so you will get the stylus when you pick up the game.

[quote name='Caliburn']I was thinking about this recently...

But $35 is an awful lot, dammit. Even for a nifty stylus sword.

I'll just pretend I have it by using my old-skool TMNT Leonardo's brown sword as a stylus.[/quote]
You can just pre-order it, then after you pick up the game and stylus, return the game for a full refund and keep the stylus. That's what I might end up doing if I happen to find a way to get it cheaper after it comes out.

I preordered this ages ago online, but I might preordered another one in store and return the game later so I can keep the stylus for my collection. :3

[quote name='Rocko']I preordered this ages ago online, but I might preordered another one in store and return the game later so I can keep the stylus for my collection. :3[/quote]I'm doing the same thing :3

[quote name='Rocko']I preordered this ages ago online, but I might preordered another one in store and return the game later so I can keep the stylus for my collection. :3[/quote]

Bump for the close release date.

I'm hoping against odds that if I place an order online, I will get the stylus too. But if I return the online order to a B&M store, will the receipt have a line item for the stylus as a bonus that I'd have to return for full credit?

I haven't ordered anything with a bonus online from GS.com before so I'd really like to know. I know online orders can be returned to any store though.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back