Pre-order Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (PS3) for $27.99 shipped

The Wii version is a lot of fun. I see they're adding 3 tables - No Good Gophers, Medieval Madness & Tales of the Arabian Nights - are those any good?

Checked the Internet Pinball Database, yes there is one - http://www.ipdb.org, and those 3 tables have 8.0s and higher (2 are in their top 10) so it sounds like they added some high quality tables.

[quote name='mitch079']The Wii version is a lot of fun. I see they're adding 3 tables - No Good Gophers, Medieval Madness & Tales of the Arabian Nights - are those any good?[/QUOTE]

yeah this version will be ace, as I had trouble reading the layouts on the wii.

wish i had a ps3..

[quote name='mitch079']The Wii version is a lot of fun. I see they're adding 3 tables - No Good Gophers, Medieval Madness & Tales of the Arabian Nights - are those any good?

Checked the Internet Pinball Database, yes there is one - http://www.ipdb.org, and those 3 tables have 8.0s and higher (2 are in their top 10) so it sounds like they added some high quality tables.[/QUOTE]

All three of those tables are phenomenal, and Medieval Madness is considered one of the greatest pinball games of all time. I'll be all over this.

Thanks OP! Was getting this game for sure, couldn't decide for which system. This makes it easier.

[quote name='mitch079']The Wii version is a lot of fun. I see they're adding 3 tables - No Good Gophers, Medieval Madness & Tales of the Arabian Nights - are those any good?

Checked the Internet Pinball Database, yes there is one - http://www.ipdb.org, and those 3 tables have 8.0s and higher (2 are in their top 10) so it sounds like they added some high quality tables.[/QUOTE]

I'm a collector of actual pinball machines (I have 5) and I confirm that the tables included (originals from Wii version plus these 3) is an awesome representation of the real Williams tables. I cannot wait for this release! I just hope I can get a good price on the 360 version.

Super tempted on this, already have it for the Wii and PSP, though. Probably wait to pick it up at $20 but good to know it's coming out!

[quote name='James in VA']I'm a collector of actual pinball machines (I have 5) and I confirm that the tables included (originals from Wii version plus these 3) is an awesome representation of the real Williams tables. I cannot wait for this release! I just hope I can get a good price on the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Kickass! I have 2 (currently) and couldn't agree more (I wonder how many of us CAGs own pins). I used to own a Sorcerer and remain completely blown away by how perfect the representation is. Hearing that I can finally get some MM fix and can get this title in HD for the 360 makes me a very happy camper.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']
nice find but I haven't liked a console pinball game since devils crush
[/quote]

Devil's Crush was great --way better than Alien Crush-- but if you haven't tried this collection, you really should before assuming you won't like this one. It has a shockingly good "action" feel that most pinball sims (including Visual Pinball) are somehow lacking.

[quote name='walletandgromice']Kickass! I have 2 (currently) and couldn't agree more (I wonder how many of us CAGs own pins). [/QUOTE]
I own 18 actual pins! & I'll be all over this myself as those are some great additions in this version. Arabian Nights & Medieval Madness are my 2 favorite pinballs!

I'll probably grab this for the extra tables. All 3 are excellent machines.

But, I finished every Wizard goal on the Wii version and some were really tough. Not sure that I want to play through them all again, even if it means cool pinball trophies. Spelling SORCERER 5 times on one ball took a lot of tries.

I will be re-buying this one to play MM! I loved the Wii version, and these 3 new pinball tables are fantastic!

This is a fantastic game. I have both the Wii and PSP versions, and will be buying it for the 360 as well for the three new tables and leaderboards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, in for one! I love the Wii version and 3 new tables (including the awesomeness of Medieval Madness and TOTAN) makes this a definite want, although I didn't want to pay 40 bucks for it.

[quote name='Justin42']Super tempted on this, already have it for the Wii and PSP, though. Probably wait to pick it up at $20 but good to know it's coming out![/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='shiningslade']I own 18 actual pins! & I'll be all over this myself as those are some great additions in this version. Arabian Nights & Medieval Madness are my 2 favorite pinballs![/QUOTE]

Can I come over? Haha. I need more practice for next season in my pinball league (yes, they exist - at least in NYC)

Definitely going to pick this up for Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness alone. MM is definitely one of the greats. Haven't had a chance to play it since college and it was on a relatively ratty table so it'll be nice to play again.

I've played about 1/2 the tables in real life and the Wii version is one of the few games that do the tables justice. I really hope they either do DLC or maybe do a 360 version of the Gotteleib collection from several years ago.

I wonder if it'd be possible for them to add to this with DLC. I'd kill for Hi Def versions of say... Theatre of Magic or Circus Voltaire.

In for 1, thanks OP! I had to jump at the price when I saw that the MSRP was going to be $40! I think they should have went digital distribution (like Zen Pinball) to lower the price. $27.99 is more than fair though...

[quote name='Ginsburger'] I've played about 1/2 the tables in real life and the Wii version is one of the few games that do the tables justice. I really hope they either do DLC or maybe do a 360 version of the Gotteleib collection from several years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there will be DLC.

I don't have a link but read an interview with the developer somewhere online and they mentioned to expect DLC. The developer has done such a great job on the other collections I wish this game was a "Games on Demand" for the 360 cause I know it will be good. That way I could be lazy and not have to swap discs when I want to play.

If any of the developers are listening PAY ATTENTION. I will pay good money for DLC of Theatre of Magic or Circus Voltaire (Addams Family or Twilight Zone too, but I doubt they'll cough up the license fees for those)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Do you have a link? I haven't seen this mentioned yet.[/QUOTE]

I posted it on the first page, but here it is again:

http://www.keepcasual.com/Pages/NewsItem.aspx?id=160

I just hope that WhoDunnit? is on their list. Now that was a great game.

[quote name='ZForce']If any of the developers are listening PAY ATTENTION. I will pay good money for DLC of Theatre of Magic or Circus Voltaire (Addams Family or Twilight Zone too, but I doubt they'll cough up the license fees for those)[/QUOTE]

They're "looking into" licensed tables.

Yep, I'd download Theatre of Magic too! Also add to my Wish List of DLC pins, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Scared Stiff.

RELEASE THIS SHIT NOW!

Small question, never pre-order from Newegg before, do they charge right away when you pre-order or charge when game ships?

[quote name='ZForce']If any of the developers are listening PAY ATTENTION. I will pay good money for DLC of Theatre of Magic or Circus Voltaire (Addams Family or Twilight Zone too, but I doubt they'll cough up the license fees for those)[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen in a Williams Collection game.

I have the Wii version and enjoy it. There is a bit of lag in the controls, though... i.e., the flippers don't respond quite as quickly as expected. I'm guessing this will be fixed for the PS3/360 which may make it worth an upgrade.

[quote name='pezmanmike']I posted it on the first page, but here it is again:

http://www.keepcasual.com/Pages/NewsItem.aspx?id=160

I just hope that WhoDunnit? is on their list. Now that was a great game.

They're "looking into" licensed tables.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that link. Clears up the confusion on what happened to Monster Bash. Bally Collection next would be great, but I can settle for this Williams collection for the next 3 years or so. : )

[quote name='destro4eva']Also add to my Wish List of DLC pins, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Scared Stiff.

RELEASE THIS SHIT NOW![/QUOTE]Creature from the Black Lagoon was my absolute favorite. I hope to one day own one of those machines.

Glad to hear of this, I really enjoy the Wii version. I own a "No Fear" machine in excellent condition, the wife gave me a heads-up when she saw it on Craigslist last fall; she knew it was one of my favorites. I hope to get more pinball machines in the future.

If they ever do a Bally collection I will be all over it. Twilight Zone Pinball is the best pinball machine I ever played. I hope to someday track down the real pinball machine of it when I have the money and the space.

shuma gorath's pupil;6283311 said:
If they ever do a Bally collection I will be all over it. Twilight Zone Pinball is the best pinball machine I ever played. I hope to someday track down the real pinball machine of it when I have the money and the space.

For $30 I'd suggest buying this one as it's a great deal. Plus they won't make a Bally collection if this one doesn't sell well. They need to know there are people still interested in pinball.

Nice. I own a TZ machine and due to the lack of arcades I've never gotten a chance to play those new 3. So I think I'll get a copy for those alone. I have the Wii version and there was a Gottlieb collection for PS2 in case anyone cares. Sure it's not the real thing nor PinMAME, but for a console pinball sim it's not bad at all.

Maybe they'll make some more, it beats trying to find or buy and maintain the real things.

bread's done
Back