Pre-Order Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City w/racoon city sign $59.99+shipping

[quote name='infamy']Does this count if you preorder the LE?[/QUOTE]

Yes. With tax and shipping it'll be about $12 more for me than just buying it through Amazon or something, but I figure it's a cool sign so I'll bite. Really wish one of the 10% off codes was working though...

I was contemplating getting this but with the cag traffic this is bound to sell out faster, so I might as well >.<

I'm getting the LE too, so it comes out to like $80 :/

The sign's pretty big though, so I might as well. Hopefully cancelling's easy if I regret this.

[quote name='iamsmart']So... tell me if this is a bad sign. I went to log in on the capcom store and someone else's email was there.[/QUOTE]

With all these recent releases and er... "rereleases" Capcom has been having lately they haven't had a decent % off promotion since I think Black Friday which really sucks.

I remember last year they'd do a buy X get Y as well as have at least 10% off coupon codes and sometimes spend $70 get 20% off or spend $100 get 30% off.

I really want one of the signs too but I have the LE Preordered at Amazon for $59.99.

That and Digital River who does the sales for Capcom only really ships things in 1 or 2 different size boxes and I'm afraid this will inevitably arrived damaged.

I ordered a MvC3 SE game from them when they were on clearance it came with a free guide. Well they put it in a large box with little padding and seeming how the guide weighed like three lbs during transit it ended up squishing the steel book really bad so that there were several noticeable creases. Then it took me over a month to get a refund and I had to pay for return shipping.

[quote name='GUNNM']wow thats pretty cool[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like it.

I just really don't want to preorder an item from Capcom this early. IIRC correctly I think they only put a pending charge on and it should fall off sort of like how Best Buy.com does preorders...

Also although not very likely remember Capcom has a history of taking items like this that are supposed to be limited to a certain quantity and then reissuing them.

They did it with the RE Mercenaries 3DS case that was at first limited to 200, then a 1000 and then it was mass produced.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I like it.

I just really don't want to preorder an item from Capcom this early. IIRC correctly I think they only put a pending charge on and it should fall off sort of like how Best Buy.com does preorders...

Also although not very likely remember Capcom has a history of taking items like this that are supposed to be limited to a certain quantity and then reissuing them.

They did it with the RE Mercenaries 3DS case that was at first limited to 200, then a 1000 and then it was mass produced.[/QUOTE]yes they do pending charges

The mega man case was limited only because there was no game to attach it to D=

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']it's limited to 1000 pieces too, could go up in value after release. looks awesome too[/QUOTE]

Look at what I said earlier though; the RE Mercenaries 3DS case was limited and numbered out of 200; then it became out of 1000 then after they were releaesd they mass produced it for a little bit and just didn't number it.

Of course if I preorder and I want it to stay limited :) But if I don't then I'm hoping it shows up in the Capcom store...

I think some thing like this would be easy enough to reproduce

Also it's not a good sign (no pun intended) that they will let you literally add 999 to cart.

Most items like the 3DS cases that actually were limited in the Capcom store (SDCC Mega Man, RE and Street Fighter) only let you ad the number they had available.

If they only had 1000 of these signs available you should only be able to add the number left to your cart which I would assume would be less then 999

[quote name='GBAstar']Look at what I said earlier though; the RE Mercenaries 3DS case was limited and numbered out of 200; then it became out of 1000 then after they were releaesd they mass produced it for a little bit and just didn't number it.

Of course if I preorder and I want it to stay limited :) But if I don't then I'm hoping it shows up in the Capcom store...

I think some thing like this would be easy enough to reproduce[/QUOTE]

where did this happen?

[quote name='confoosious']where did this happen?[/QUOTE]

It was for sale on the Capcom website for a few weeks. I started a few threads (in the wrong sections of the site) and got flamed for it.

I'll see if I can find the old links

[quote name='GBAstar']It was for sale on the Capcom website for a few weeks. I started a few threads (in the wrong sections of the site) and got flamed for it.

I'll see if I can find the old links[/QUOTE]

I remember the change to 1000. I don't remember the change to mass production.

[quote name='confoosious']I remember the change to 1000. I don't remember the change to mass production.[/QUOTE]

Mass production is a poor choice of words; they were selling non numbered cases in the Capcom store for at least a week. The consensus on here was that it was okay because they weren't numbered like the one available for preorders

I really wanted that sign so I placed an order if it is indeed limited to 1,000. The last trailer that was released on xbox live sold me on the game so I was going to buy a copy anyways. That sign makes paying a little extra worth it.

It list the price of the sign at $49.95. Hope that means they don't entend to sale more later.
1 Resident Evil®: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition (Xbox 360) $69.99 $69.99 1 Welcome To Raccoon City sign $49.95 $0.00

Got in on the SE at Amazon for $59.99, but this sign is too cool. I'll just have to figure out where to get rid of my extra copy. Thanks OP!

[quote name='h4mx0r']As cool as this is, I'm going to stick with my 60 LE at amazon.[/QUOTE]

this. it is a really neat sign though. if i ever saw it sold separately, id def. get it

Super tempted. Except.....it's digital river........Nothing but bad experiences shopping through the Capcom Store, and their customer service is horrible.

Ugh, after preordering MvC 3 and Okamiden from them, I'm never doing that bullshit again. Didn't get my preorder bonus from Okamiden, because I ordered too late (only three months in advance). Only had to wait six weeks after release to get it -- and they did another promo for it releasing more of the preorder bonuses to people that were buying after release that got'em before I did.

MvC 3 was supposedly just their shipping carrier's fault. But meh.

The only thing I've ever pre-ordered from them was RE: Mercenaries w/ the 3DS case. I had zero issues with anything, outside of them upping the produced number. Shipped on time, showed up quick.

Fingers crossed it goes as smoothly this time, too.

Annnnnd, there it is.

Just like the last RE incentive, it appears that Capcom has quietly upped the production amount. Unless I'm missing it, all traces of 'only 1000' have been removed from the site entirely.

Not surprised, but still. Don't set a fucking edition size if you aren't going to follow through with it.

I don't care about the rarity, but it's a cheap tactic by Capcom to get people to pre-order. This is the second time they've done an RE related 'order quick, only so many!' before quietly changing the amount. At least last time they changed it to a finite number... this just appears to be however many they feel like making.

Still, they bring people in under false pretenses. Bullshit. Especially since I think they authorize cards upon order, not when it ships.

That's why I haven't pre-ordered yet. I don't want to be charged before it ships, so I'm waiting until it's closer to release.

I just want the sign because it's cool, not out of the hope it'll be rare. Way better than the digital pre-order bonuses that seem to be taking over.

[quote name='007']I don't care about the rarity, but it's a cheap tactic by Capcom to get people to pre-order. This is the second time they've done an RE related 'order quick, only so many!' before quietly changing the amount. At least last time they changed it to a finite number... this just appears to be however many they feel like making.

Still, they bring people in under false pretenses. Bullshit. Especially since I think they authorize cards upon order, not when it ships.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's almost as bad as when they sent an e-mail to their newsletter subscribers telling them that if they preordered Resident Evil Revelations from the Capcom store they would get a Nintendo 3DS Case that was "EXCLUSIVE" to the Capcom store.

I kindly contaced a rep on the twitter page (which was quickly deleted) and pointed out that several other retailers including Best Buy and Gamestop were also offering the same case as a preorder bonus and they sent me a apology claiming the e-mail contained a "Typo"

I decided to bite on this.. in all, the sign would have cost me an extra $9 after taxes.. so not TOO bad, I suppose.

bread's done
Back