Pre-Order Starhawk and get free upgrade to Limited Edition @ Gamestop

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Starting today, anyone who pre-orders Starhawk at GameStop will automatically upgrade to the Limited Edition version of the game. This version comes with over $20 worth of bonus content, including two DLC packs that contain new maps and multiplayer skins, plus sweet extras like the soundtrack and a PSN download of original Warhawk from PSone. We are confident Starhawk will be one of the best PS3 experiences you’ve ever had, so we hope this gives you even more reason to join the fun day one.
Starhawk Limited Edition Contents
Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin
This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet’s surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you’ll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge!
Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin
An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard — known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.
Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all!
Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s sweeping original score available as a PSN download.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/starhawk/91062

Never heard of this game but how is it? Any chances it'll be cheaper down the road or the LE's will still be around? I'm not a big fan of buying CE's upon release

My Gamestop had around 10 copies of the LE and I was told that after the first wave is gone, that's it. It just includes some digital items so it's not really that big of a deal anyway, but since it's the same price as the regular version, you might as well get it if you're already planning on buying the game.

As for the game, the campaign is extremely short(duh), but that's because it's a game built completely around the multiplayer, which is a blast. If you like 3rd person online shooters, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. For what it's worth, IGN gave it a 9 and said it's the premiere online shooter for the PS3.

Got my pre-order yesterday/Tuesday morning, no PS+ code on the receipt. I didn't even know there was an offer for a month of PS+ code until now. I knew there was a free upgrade to the limited edition. Figured it was just some DLC maps for free.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']My Gamestop had around 10 copies of the LE and I was told that after the first wave is gone, that's it. It just includes some digital items so it's not really that big of a deal anyway, but since it's the same price as the regular version, you might as well get it if you're already planning on buying the game.

As for the game, the campaign is extremely short(duh), but that's because it's a game built completely around the multiplayer, which is a blast. If you like 3rd person online shooters, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. For what it's worth, IGN gave it a 9 and said it's the premiere online shooter for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
I know Sony will release those DLC's for sale someday, just don't know how long.

It took Sony almost 6-8 months for Infamous 1, and still nothing on Twisted Metal's Axel DLC.

I pre-ordered this game a little over a month ago and when I picked it up, I got the PSN 30-day Membership code printed on my receipt.

The demo was good.....I'm hoping that the single player campaign is good, cause I don't wanta 60 dollar online only game.

[quote name='Thomas96']The demo was good.....I'm hoping that the single player campaign is good, cause I don't wanta 60 dollar online only game.[/QUOTE]Prepare to be disappointed because the single player, while fun is short and kind of like a tutorial to the mp. The gameplay is amazing though.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Great game, loving it.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Slight learning curve if you havent played warhawk before. Once you get the hang of it though, really fun.

People been complaining that the hawks are OP. I say, learn how to build anti air and actually use it yourself. Or learn how to fly a Hawk, air battles can be fun.

Also, i called Gamestop customer support about my missing PS+ code, guy said i would get a response via email within 48 hours. Not sure if they will email my code or do further inquiries though. I knew i shouldnt have picked it up at 10 AM on Tuesday, seems like they fixed their error later in the day and started printing them on the receipts...

Just to conclude the tale of the wayward PS+ code, I went in today with my LE/no pre-order receipt, they looked it up, were able to print out my code, and now I'm good to go. Never used PS+ before, so should be interesting.

Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience. It's possible that the store didn't have the promotion codes available when you picked up your game. We recommend that you go to the store where the reservation was made to get the promotion that you didn't receive. Please call in advance to your local GameStop store to inquire if they still have promotional codes available.

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,
Juan
GameStop Customer Service

[quote name='mkernan']Just FYI, they did the cool reversible cover art thing, but the flipside back cover is printed upside-down (in mine, anyway). Also, they've apparently failed to include the PS+ voucher and '$10 off headset' coupon (sounds like they're looking into it though).

Still way better than buying a non-LE somewhere else IMO, but just telling you as an FYI.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I assumed that the inside art was flipped so that you could pick which one you liked best and use it as the front cover.

bread's done
Back