Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wastedyears']I knew I was going to buy SSF4 from the moment I heard that they were going to release SSF4, and I know I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest. I wasn't. I was a bit shocked at how soon it was announced and wondering why it wasn't just coming as DLC but it wasn't long before I was won over. (The price point, why it needed a disc, etc. all made sense to me.)

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wished my RL friends were into fighting games :cry:[/QUOTE]

Bah, who needs them when you have broadband... ;)

$36.99 price point, prime shipping and unlockable codes? Unless BB or GS have better offers, Amazon will be getting my money.

[quote name='creep23']no release date delivery tho :([/QUOTE]

Still way early... Amazon doesn't like to offer RDD till they know they can make it happen.

Question for the Street Fighter community here.

Will the DLC costumes we purchased for SF4, work with Super Street Fighter 4??

And are the Amazon.com Exclusive costumes, in Addition to the Extra DLC costumes from Capcom for Super SF4,? Or they the only option that Capcom will be providing??

because frankly, Blanka looks dumb and so does Fei Long, I would much prefer Blanka's SF4 Safari costume.

Not sure what you were trying to ask.

Yes, Old costumes from SFIV will be available for use in SSFIV.
The bonus for pre-ordering is not having to pay for one of the new packs available for SSFIV.
They are not exclusive, just free for pre-orders. So you save on one of the packs.

Now what you want to do is wait for them to release the super bundle costume pack so you get a discount. If it's like SFIV this will come after you purchased all the other DLC costumes already.

However, What we do want is this: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/3/...-super-street-fighter-4-e-capcom-special.html

If this is a Japan exclusive, I hope I get to see it one day.

that's kind of a neat idea I suppose, but I suppose it helps newcomers more than people that played the old a lot. most figured out the hard trials fairly easily, it was just a matter of getting consistent with em. the only interesting one, for me personally, would be c. viper, but I didnt see her on the list.

[quote name='BustaUppa']DLC costumes seem shady, but in the end they're just costumes. With that said, in the future I'd prefer if they did the thing where new copies of the game include a code for the costumes, while people with used copies have the option to buy them on the marketplace. At least that rewards the early adopters (or "true fans" if you wanna go that route).[/QUOTE]

Costumes are just that, Costumes. They don't do anything to give you an advantage over another player, they don't make you invincible, they simply change your look. I played the game for hundreds of hours last year. A $10 pack to change the look was a welcomed changed and a way to support a game I love and my thanks to Capcom for making SF4.

I think the only valid point in complaining about paying for any of these costumes is that they are already on the disc. Capcom has them on the disc so anybody who plays with you online can see if you bought the new costumes or not.

I'm just hoping that this trailer is accurate and we will actually have three costumes right out the gate.

New Features Trailer

[quote name='uglyteradon']I think the only valid point in complaining about paying for any of these costumes is that they are already on the disc.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't mind DLC if it's downloadable content. Paying for something I already paid for is ridiculous.

considering the game is only $40, it doesn't bother me at all. Beautiful Katamari was infinitely worse for locking content and charging you a bunch to get the full game experience

Well thanks for answering my questions I am really happy the SF4 Costumers will work with SUPER SF4.

At least the Microsoft points I used were not wasted even though they were FREE thanks to AXE and Target I must have over $300 in Microsoft points on my Gold Account and to the DORITOS Text deal.

NOW

all thats Missing is

Rolento
Birdie
Alex
Charlie
Evil Ryu

All which will most likely be sold as DLC.

All I care about is the Ibuki and Cody are in. And Ibuki's Alternate costumes are awesome, like some SciFi Ninja.

[quote name='wasurenai']This. I don't mind DLC if it's downloadable content. Paying for something I already paid for is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

But you didnt already pay for it. Sure its on the disc, but you dont have the rights to use them unless you buy the key to unlock them. Does it really make a difference if you buy a key to unlock something on a disc, or if you buy the full DLC and download it to your hard drive? Hell no. Either way you have to pay for it.

Does anyone think that the brawlers dlc will be free/Unlockable in SSF4? It seemed like it based on that video..

To everyone complaining just make a psn share group and split the dlc costs 5 ways making it like $4, then sell your bonus preorder item on ebay and get your money back (silly complainers).

[quote name='phantasyx']To everyone complaining just make a psn share group and split the dlc costs 5 ways making it like $4, then sell your bonus preorder item on ebay and get your money back (silly complainers).[/QUOTE]

One problem, I'll be playing the Xbox 360 version of SSFIV primarily on 360. Even if I wasn't, I don't do gamesharing as I don't care for the process, or keeping multiple defunct accounts on my system just to play the shared content.

People need to start using rationale instead of boasting their own elitist opinions. I've clocked in 200+ hours in SFIV like the rest of the so-called hardcore easily, doesn't mean I'll hand over another $15-$20+ for fucking joke content like this. I'm a cheapassgamer, never a capcom/street fighter fanboy or dumbassgamer.

[quote name='SimaYi']People need to start using rationale instead of boasting their own elitist opinions. I've clocked in 200+ hours in SFIV like the rest of the so-called hardcore easily, doesn't mean I'll hand over another $15-$20+ for fucking joke content like this. I'm a cheapassgamer, never a capcom/street fighter fanboy or dumbassgamer.[/QUOTE]Did anyone else catch the irony in this post...? :lol:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Did anyone else catch the irony in this post...? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Since you're still new, I'll clarify before people start bandwagon-riding your post. There's a difference between an actual opinion when it comes to the subject (whether this expansion was needed/paid dlc justified) and when people have nothing to offer than their own whiny claims of "stop bitching about it because I'm fine with it".

I like Hakan's physical appearance and the expression on his face. But the animation looks ridiculous (i.e. - unpolished. Especially, the move where he revolves them around his body) and his moves set are too...

Playful moves like Sean's basketball throw (taunt) or Ibuki's back hop (from third strike) is cool... but the wacky stuff (ex: Dan, Hakan) is just ridiculous. I don't think it's funny when they try "too hard" to be wacky/funny.

I think Hakan looks great. Also to the guy with the purple princess as his avatar: your issue is with people complaining about other people complaining, but I think you're overlooking the reality of the situation. You claim to have put over 200 hours into the game? And yet you won't pay $40 for the new version? Something there just doesn't follow.. if you didn't like the game you wouldn't have put that much time into it. If you liked the game, you're probably looking forward to the next game (as most of us are). $40 is a small price to pay to get a peice of the new SF pie.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think Hakan looks great. Also to the guy with the purple princess as his avatar: your issue is with people complaining about other people complaining, but I think you're overlooking the reality of the situation. You claim to have put over 200 hours into the game? And yet you won't pay $40 for the new version? Something there just doesn't follow.. if you didn't like the game you wouldn't have put that much time into it. If you liked the game, you're probably looking forward to the next game (as most of us are). $40 is a small price to pay to get a peice of the new SF pie.[/QUOTE]

that is not a purple princess!! that is sima yi!! prized tactician and strategist for the Wei Dynasty!

[quote name='y2jasper']that is not a purple princess!! that is sima yi!! prized tactician and strategist for the Wei Dynasty![/QUOTE]

Yeah.. whatever bro.

Any word yet from Capcom on what the "bonus" was going to be for owners of the original SF4? I don't feel like sifting through 11 pages of comments to see if that question was ever answered. :whistle2:|

[quote name='SimaYi']Since you're still new, I'll clarify before people start bandwagon-riding your post. There's a difference between an actual opinion when it comes to the subject (whether this expansion was needed/paid dlc justified) and when people have nothing to offer than their own whiny claims of "stop bitching about it because I'm fine with it".[/QUOTE]Since I'm still new? :lol: (Wow, it that's not the start of an elite opinion I don't know what is...)

Anyhow, thanks for proving my point... ;) :applause:

[quote name='wasurenai']This. I don't mind DLC if it's downloadable content. Paying for something I already paid for is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

This man proves a point

[quote name='SimaYi']One problem, I'll be playing the Xbox 360 version of SSFIV primarily on 360. Even if I wasn't, I don't do gamesharing as I don't care for the process, or keeping multiple defunct accounts on my system just to play the shared content.

People need to start using rationale instead of boasting their own elitist opinions. I've clocked in 200+ hours in SFIV like the rest of the so-called hardcore easily, doesn't mean I'll hand over another $15-$20+ for fucking joke content like this. I'm a cheapassgamer, never a capcom/street fighter fanboy or dumbassgamer.[/QUOTE]

This man proves another point.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']considering the game is only $40, it doesn't bother me at all. Beautiful Katamari was infinitely worse for locking content and charging you a bunch to get the full game experience[/QUOTE]

This man does not. Seriously. Keyword there is ONLY. lol
Like Capcom is releasing a new title and is doing a favor to us when they allows us to play with alternatives outfits and a few "new" characters as well as other stuff.

If they cared soooooo much about their SF community, your money and your damn loyalty, Capcom would have released said "Extra content" that you are more than glad to pay when they released Street Fighter 4 to begin with.
The way that you bastards think, it feels like i am the trollee and you are the damn trolls who are probably PMin each other to organize your damn idiotic posts so you can troll at the maximum level.

If Capcom only cared....

[quote name='The 7th Number']But you didnt already pay for it. Sure its on the disc, but you dont have the rights to use them unless you buy the key to unlock them. Does it really make a difference if you buy a key to unlock something on a disc, or if you buy the full DLC and download it to your hard drive? Hell no. Either way you have to pay for it.[/QUOTE]
jesus christ, you have got to be kiddin me.
Do you LOVE to get shafted by any chance? Do you like the feelin that you are bein shafted deep and hard by a company or an individual? are you a damn girl by any chance?
let me guess, you buy games at gamestop and order the "NEW" games from there.

The word DLC used to mean something. Nowadays it doesnt and some of you are welcoming this type of DLC. its just ridiculous.

[quote name='wastedyears']There are always going to be idiots mouthing off on forums, or during multiplayer. Don't let people like that ruin your enjoyment of SSF4, or any other game. Yes, SRK has tons of elitist snobs, but there are few better places to go if you really want to learn the ins and outs of a fighting game. But the idea that SSF4 is being made only for the most dedicated fans is ridiculous. Just look at how they are marketing it. Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, etc, and similar, general video game blogs and sites run features and reveals for SSF4. These are not exactly go-to sites for die-hard fighting game fans. If SSF4 was only made for the 'hardcore' SF crowd then Capcom would only be doing interviews and reveals on SRK, Eventhubs, Iplaywinner, and other fighting game or Street Fighter-centric sites. And no matter what some might say, the more people who buy SSF4, the better. They wouldn't even be making SSF4 if SF4 didn't sell so well. And the reason it sold so well, was because SF4 was made to be friendly to new players who just want to have fun, as well as deep enough to satisfy fighting game enthusiasts.
Basically, if you like the game, or just want to try it out, don't let these elitists and/or morons ruin it for you. The online community of SF4 players has its fair share of assholes, just like every other game out there. But there are also plenty of people who will just be playing for the fun of it, win or lose.[/QUOTE]
This man proves another point, in a way. :D

I wonder how many of you has received the "love" mail from Xbl after you were done with a match in SF.
But yes, while there are other aholes in other games, the Street Fighter assholes are more frequent because we have two persons fighting with each other and there is always a winner and a loser. In the other games, people will take a lose as a team and not as an individual.
You will have to PAY me to get a headset and talk with some of these elitists bastards of SF4. The SF community is one of the worst communities of all time. you all somehow seem to believe other wise.

This thread makes me to believe there are sheep and/or (possibly both) elitists bastards.

The way you all defend and justify ssf4 is magnificent. you are all doing an excellent job.
Congratulations, some of you are sheep. Sheep do not deserve to have an opinion.

Either that, or you are all trolls trolling this thread into oblivion.

you decide, because either way, you are all doing an excellent job at your idiotic field or troll field.

Do not get me wrong, some of you seem like nice individuals but there are a few of you that just adds fuel to the fire of my perception of the street fighter 4 "fans".
ugh

i have never played or owned a single madden in my life.
i do not have modern warfare 2 because i despise Activision.

i am not a *GASP* idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't buy the game numb nuts. If you think you're getting screwed by capcom, buy something else. I wouldn't want to worry about my "elitist" butt handing you yours all day in SSFIV, only to hear some whiny bitch message.

you also completely misconstrued the main point of my post, and relating the DLC in an SF game to Katamari's DLC. $40 < 60, or 2/3rds the cost. if you think it's not a "new" game i give you exhibit A : Madden, or any EA sports game for that matter, as well as exhibit B : Call of Duty. Same fukking game, either new rosters or a few new guns.

you should really go back to not posting and just lurking. you'd sound less like a douche that way

[quote name='Sway42']
You will have to PAY me to get a headset and talk with some of these elitists bastards of SF4. The SF community is one of the worst communities of all time. you all somehow seem to believe other wise.

This thread makes me to believe there are sheep and/or (possibly both) elitists bastards.

The way you all defend and justify ssf4 is magnificent. you are all doing an excellent job.
Congratulations, some of you are sheep. Sheep do not deserve to have an opinion.

Either that, or you are all trolls trolling this thread into oblivion.

you decide, because either way, you are all doing an excellent job at your idiotic field or troll field.

Do not get me wrong, some of you seem like nice individuals but there are a few of you that just adds fuel to the fire of my perception of the street fighter 4 "fans".
ugh[/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of jerks who play fighting games, sure. Because if they win, they get to lord it over the loser. If they lose, they have a ton of easy go-to-exscuses and can still throw out taunts.
But there is a difference between people who play the game and people who are a dedicated part of the community. I've gotten a lot of nasty messages from playing random folks. But I've made a lot of friends. And at the end of the day, the good times I've had far outweigh the bad.

[quote name='Sway42']
i am not a *GASP* idiot.[/QUOTE]

You sure had me Fooled. Youre a prime example of the kind of person who the community is better off just not having around.

[quote name='PhrostByte']your issue is with people complaining about other people complaining, but I think you're overlooking the reality of the situation. You claim to have put over 200 hours into the game? And yet you won't pay $40 for the new version? Something there just doesn't follow...[/QUOTE]
Something doesn't follow...because you didn't read the first half of that post:

[quote name='SimaYi']One problem, I'll be playing the Xbox 360 version of SSFIV primarily[/QUOTE]In other words, I'm buying both versions. Is is hard for people to understand that some of us don't have a problem with this update, but rather just the disc-locked content and Capcom's scheme to milk it dry?

And to the person who keeps bringing up Beautiful Katamari, why? That's a two-year old game from a different developer. A much better comparison would be Tekken 6, which came with tons of customizable options right on the disc and had no locked-out content.

[quote name='SimaYi']A much better comparison would be Tekken 6, which came with tons of customizable options right on the disc and had no locked-out content.[/QUOTE]
Except the dlc code to unlock Carboard Tube Samurai that eventually became free via XBL & PSN.

Why Katamari? It's related to locked content on the disc that the buyer is charged to unlock content on the disc and getting the full experience. The fact that it's 2 years old is irrelevant. The game was 39.99, but to get all the levels included on the disc cost you well over $20.

So no. Tekken 6 would not be a better comparison.

[quote name='SimaYi']In other words, I'm buying both versions. Is is hard for people to understand that some of us don't have a problem with this update, but rather just the disc-locked content and Capcom's scheme to milk it dry?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'm with you on this one. I remember Ono's excuse for charging us for the alt costumes in this version. "Well, the arcade players had to spend hundreds of dollars just to unlock them!" Yea, my ass, we never got the arcade version (overseas without importing) and the costumes were made even before the console port was announced. Yes, I'm well aware of the fact it's a choice, but that alone is proof this shit was already made and they cut it out.

Some of you guys are simply retarded. If you're not an SF fan don't buy the game, if you're not a fan of the extra costumes, don't buy them. I swear.. this generation is filled with a bunch of self-entitled kids. You think you somehow deserve free shit?

If DLC didn't exist, I can bet those extra SF4 costumes wouldn't exist either. Capcom never made alternate costumes in an SF game before.. the only reason they did it for SF4 is because they knew it was an easy way to get extra revenue without actually altering gameplay. It's a win-win for everyone.. except you self-entitled brats that are crying "WAI SHOULD I PAY FOR STUFF ALREADY ON THE DISC?!?!" if it wasn't on the disc it would be a mandatory download for everyone, even people who never purchased them. You kids just need to just close your CAG accounts.

[quote name='PhrostByte'] I swear.. this generation is filled with a bunch of self-entitled kids. You think you somehow deserve free shit?
[/QUOTE]

This can never be said enough times.

[quote name='Don illmatix']You sure had me Fooled. Youre a prime example of the kind of person who the community is better off just not having around.[/QUOTE]

You got a nice quote there on your sig, it reminds me somebody who said that before..

Right, i remember now. here, let me finish it for you.
"imagine that!...We aint having that!
Reachin past the star status that you grabbin at
my battle raps blast your ass back to your natural habitat!
"

Dont mind me, now let me sound smart and grab a quote from those guys.

"Foolishly, most men join the ranks cluelessly
Buffoonishly accept the deception, believe the perception
"

Sounds familiar?
When you accept the deception and believe the perception, you will justify and defend this shit.
DLC used to mean something. Activision is slowly killin the video game industry. Go search on "Kotick" "devil" "no fun on video games" on google and get yourself educated.

The fact that Capcom has recently been trying to pull the same DLC-in-disc shit with their Resident Evil 5 and, now, Street Fighter does piss me off. What pisses me off more is that people are justifying this shit.
[Another reason like this: mainstream rap does not piss me off, its the retards who support those damn retarded rappers]
Its like these people are stockholders of Activision and Capcom and they are supporting them all the way because they have shares in those damn companies.

And no, i am not a damn kid who wants free dlc from companies. If they dont go around pulling this shit, dlc within weeks of a released of a new game or even pre-ordered dlc. Seriously...pre-ordered dlc? if i cursed here, i wouldnt emphasize my feelings enough.

and

"Strangeness, you don't control this, you barely hold this
Screamin brand new, when they just sanitized the old shit
Suppose it's, just another clever jedi mind trick
That they been runnin across stars through all the time with"

this quote speaks for itself. specially the part saying "screamin brand new when they just sanitized the old shit "...

fuckin video game industry nowadays. Capcom has, indeed, "been runnin across stars through all the time with".
You all know street fighter 4 is not the fourth title of the series. i am sure you all know this and i am not going to remind you this.

Frankly, the reason i even stated "Do not get me wrong, some of you seem to be nice people", was because of you and a few from these thread.

I am not sure why you would say that i had you fooled. Hell, i could switch the tables around and throw that back at you. After all, you listen to Black Star for Christ's sakes. shouldn't you know better?
I always took my hat off to those who love Black Star.

however, i wont. i am just going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps the reason i, or we, hold a damn stereotype towards something is because of a rotten apple in the community. Perhaps the few idiots and elitist bastards in your Street Fighter community fueled my stereotype held against the sf community. Perhaps...

I didnt want to sound like a douche either. i want to apologize in a way. i am not like this, its just there are people here who...umm well, they just provoke the few of us "haters" who should "not buy the game"

The only reason i will ever get ssf4 is for cody.
ff1_sel_cody.gif
254px-Final_Fight_%28flyer%29.jpg

The bastard has badass radiating from him. fuck yeah, final fight.

And i doubt i am the kind of the person that the community is better off, after all, I listen to Black Star! :cool:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Some of you guys are simply retarded. If you're not an SF fan don't buy the game, if you're not a fan of the extra costumes, don't buy them. I swear.. this generation is filled with a bunch of self-entitled kids. You think you somehow deserve free shit?

If DLC didn't exist, I can bet those extra SF4 costumes wouldn't exist either. Capcom never made alternate costumes in an SF game before.. the only reason they did it for SF4 is because they knew it was an easy way to get extra revenue without actually altering gameplay. It's a win-win for everyone.. except you self-entitled brats that are crying "WAI SHOULD I PAY FOR STUFF ALREADY ON THE DISC?!?!" if it wasn't on the disc it would be a mandatory download for everyone, even people who never purchased them. You kids just need to just close your CAG accounts.[/QUOTE]
The "DLC" was in the arcade version of the game with no online, which means you have already been proven wrong.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=6806

I always love how people keep try to turn this into a demeaning argument about younger people thinking they're entitled to something. The link above was Cheapy D's blog on the first time around Capcom tried this bull last year. You going to call him a whiner and tell him to close his account too?

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If you're part of the problem, stop posting as if you're contributing a damn thing, the DLC fiasco's going on in this current generation are a joke and not everyone is okay with it (Another $20 for content already on the disc that I paid for? Thats a fucking ripoff, I don't care what anyone says).

I've had enough of this topic, I've said all I have to say. Downloaded the free unlock key for original SFIV brawler pack (what a joke) and will probably be selling the preorder bonus keys to recoup some money for buying both versions of the game. I'm not here to try to talk to a brick wall about this topic. Before you tell anyone to close their account, think about why you're here on CAG but support these "dlc" schemes, it's quite a contradiction.

[quote name='SimaYi']The "DLC" was in the arcade version of the game with no online, which means you have already been proven wrong.

I always love how people keep try to turn this into a demeaning argument about younger people thinking they're entitled to something. The link above was Cheapy D's blog on the first time around Capcom tried this bull last year. You going to call him a whiner and tell him to close his account too?

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If you're part of the problem, stop posting as if you're contributing a damn thing, the DLC fiasco's going on in this current generation are a joke and not everyone is okay with it (Another $20 for content already on the disc that I paid for? Thats a fucking ripoff, I don't care what anyone says).

I've had enough of this topic, I've said all I have to say. Downloaded the free unlock key for original SFIV brawler pack (what a joke) and will probably be selling the preorder bonus keys to recoup some money for buying both versions of the game. I'm not here to try to talk to a brick wall about this topic. Before you tell anyone to close their account, think about why you're here on CAG but support these "dlc" schemes, it's quite a contradiction.[/QUOTE]

I've been proven wrong? Kid.. do you honestly believe the project managers at Capcom didn't have the foresight to put alternate costumes in the game (arcade version or not) without the knowledge that they would be selling them for additional profit? Do you not realize how free enterprise works? It's sad that someone from the USSR has to teach Americans about free market capitalism. :p

And your appeal to authority is laughable.. who cares what CheapyD thinks about Street Fighter? Is he some sort of omniscient SF god? No.. he's a fan just like anyone else. He has an opinion just like anyone else.. but the bottom line is that Capcom is a business, and if you don't like what they do, don't partronize their business. Speak with your wallet. If it bothers you so much, you vote with your wallet, not with your bitching. On the other side of the coin you have a lot of loyal SF fans who are happy that we have the OPPORTUNITY to plop down extra cash on a game we love and maybe spruce up our enjoyment of it. If you fail to grasp that, you're clearly not the target demographic and you're barking up the wrong tree. DLC isn't bullshit. People will support their hobbies, no matter what they may be. There aren't many games I've bought DLC for.. hell there aren't many games I play in the first place. I don't really get how a lot of the people on this site have the time to play thousands of games a year. Even when I was a student I could still only play through maybe 30 games a year at most. Still, the fact remains that I will GLADLY buy DLC for the games I love, and SF is a game a love. $40 is a small price to pay to get the next chapter for me.. hell $100 is a small price to pay. Value is relative. If you don't find it valuable, don't buy it. Simple problem with a simple solution.

[quote name='SimaYi']The "DLC" was in the arcade version of the game with no online, which means you have already been proven wrong.

I've had enough of this topic, I've said all I have to say. Downloaded the free unlock key for original SFIV brawler pack (what a joke) and will probably be selling the preorder bonus keys to recoup some money for buying both versions of the game. I'm not here to try to talk to a brick wall about this topic. Before you tell anyone to close their account, think about why you're here on CAG but support these "dlc" schemes, it's quite a contradiction.[/QUOTE]

The logic behind the alt. costumes costing money was that in the arcade version, the costumes had to be earned. In order to earn the costumes it would cost more quarters and whatnot. So the console version follow the same sort of logic: If arcade players had to pay a little extra for the costumes, console players did too.

I don't even see why this DLC is a complaint anyways. It's not like this is a core essential to the game. "ZOMG I NEED KATO FEI LONG OTHERWISE THIS GAME IS BROKEN". Don't buy the fucking game if it's that big of a deal. One less whiner on XBL/PSN anyways.

This thread shouldn'tve been this long, anyways. :(

[quote name='ster']The logic behind the alt. costumes costing money was that in the arcade version, the costumes had to be earned. In order to earn the costumes it would cost more quarters and whatnot. So the console version follow the same sort of logic: If arcade players had to pay a little extra for the costumes, console players did too.

I don't even see why this DLC is a complaint anyways. It's not like this is a core essential to the game. "ZOMG I NEED KATO FEI LONG OTHERWISE THIS GAME IS BROKEN". Don't buy the fucking game if it's that big of a deal. One less whiner on XBL/PSN anyways.

This thread shouldn'tve been this long, anyways. :([/QUOTE]

I think the issue is that it is showing nothing but a company's greed. The content is already on the disc, but its locked away. In the days before DLC, this content would simply be unlocked by beating the game as the character to earn his/her alt. costume. Now, they are using that to squeeze every last dollar out of the hardcore players. Is it gamebreaking? No. But its very very greedy.

[quote name='Sway42']You got a nice quote there on your sig, it reminds me somebody who said that before..

Right, i remember now. here, let me finish it for you.
"imagine that!...We aint having that!
Reachin past the star status that you grabbin at
my battle raps blast your ass back to your natural habitat!
"

Dont mind me, now let me sound smart and grab a quote from those guys.

"Foolishly, most men join the ranks cluelessly
Buffoonishly accept the deception, believe the perception
"

Sounds familiar?
When you accept the deception and believe the perception, you will justify and defend this shit.
DLC used to mean something. Activision is slowly killin the video game industry. Go search on "Kotick" "devil" "no fun on video games" on google and get yourself educated.

The fact that Capcom has recently been trying to pull the same DLC-in-disc shit with their Resident Evil 5 and, now, Street Fighter does piss me off. What pisses me off more is that people are justifying this shit.
[Another reason like this: mainstream rap does not piss me off, its the retards who support those damn retarded rappers]
Its like these people are stockholders of Activision and Capcom and they are supporting them all the way because they have shares in those damn companies.

And no, i am not a damn kid who wants free dlc from companies. If they dont go around pulling this shit, dlc within weeks of a released of a new game or even pre-ordered dlc. Seriously...pre-ordered dlc? if i cursed here, i wouldnt emphasize my feelings enough.

and

"Strangeness, you don't control this, you barely hold this
Screamin brand new, when they just sanitized the old shit
Suppose it's, just another clever jedi mind trick
That they been runnin across stars through all the time with"

this quote speaks for itself. specially the part saying "screamin brand new when they just sanitized the old shit "...

fuckin video game industry nowadays. Capcom has, indeed, "been runnin across stars through all the time with".
You all know street fighter 4 is not the fourth title of the series. i am sure you all know this and i am not going to remind you this.

Frankly, the reason i even stated "Do not get me wrong, some of you seem to be nice people", was because of you and a few from these thread.

I am not sure why you would say that i had you fooled. Hell, i could switch the tables around and throw that back at you. After all, you listen to Black Star for Christ's sakes. shouldn't you know better?
I always took my hat off to those who love Black Star.

however, i wont. i am just going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps the reason i, or we, hold a damn stereotype towards something is because of a rotten apple in the community. Perhaps the few idiots and elitist bastards in your Street Fighter community fueled my stereotype held against the sf community. Perhaps...

I didnt want to sound like a douche either. i want to apologize in a way. i am not like this, its just there are people here who...umm well, they just provoke the few of us "haters" who should "not buy the game"

The only reason i will ever get ssf4 is for cody.
ff1_sel_cody.gif
254px-Final_Fight_%28flyer%29.jpg

The bastard has badass radiating from him. fuck yeah, final fight.

And i doubt i am the kind of the person that the community is better off, after all, I listen to Black Star! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I feel you bruh, but the thing is, at least for this game, it Really is all Justifiable. Unlike Resident Evil 5 which held back important parts of the game just so that they can charge you later, you dont NEED any of the DLC in this game, it wont change your gaming experience at all whatsoever. Youre paying for that extra time it took to customize those characters.

Another thing is, Super Street Fighter 4 is First a Foremost the response to all the cries of balance made to Capcom from the fans. If you really think about it, re-balancing SF4 via Update would be a horrible move.

Im not sure if youre into gears of war 2 like that, but ask any real Gears-Head just how annoying is having the game constantly re-balanced because certain people didnt like how the game was playing for them whether it be the shotgun being too strong, or the Lancer too weak. Learning to play the game over and over again isnt as fun as it sounds. This applies directly to SF4 whereas the slightest change in a character can make him play almost completely differently then beforehand.

And i believe its our jobs as the fans(Who ASKED for this game might i add) to defend its value in every way possible. Were not getting DLC Costumes because Capcom wants to give em to us, were getting it because the fans kept asking for more costumes. (Here's where it becomes Justified IMO) Instead of waiting for the game to come out to then work on the Costumes, they made em Pre-Release and just added them onto the discs to make life easier on everyone. Because if you really think about it, we were gonna pay for it no matter when it came out, so wheres the hurt in getting them placed on the disc? Just my Two cents on that

Oh and about this one:
"screamin brand new when they just sanitized the old shit"
My actual fav song on that album. Kudos! =D

All SF fans know this isnt brand new, capcom hasnt be marketing it as that and anyone who thinks that this is whats going on, again should do some research on the game. All weve all been asking for is the old shit to be sanitized lol I Main one of the worst players in the game (Guile) and sometimes i wanna just smash my controller thru the screen when i lose because my character is weaker by design in a game thats supposed to be balanced. But i love it so much that i stick with it, and i dont want the formula changed, all i want is my character to be better, and SSF4 is supposedly going to do that for me.

Also, i apologize for my comments, Blackstar Fans are always welcome in my book lol

Yay for free preorder swag. Boo for charging for dlc that isn't.

That being said, I love me some SFIV. I'm sure I'll love SSIV. Capcom can have all my money if they want it! Thank you OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back