Pre-order XStylus Crayon for Nintendo 3DS, DSLite, DSi & DSi XL ends 6/2

SKEETER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
The XStylus is an ingenious idea! I was recently at a 3DS streetpass event and a prototype of this stylus was a prize for one of the tournaments held there. Its amazingly simple concept and design fits into all DS consoles EXCEPT the original "DS phat". This is great for people who need the comfort and control of a larger stylus, without the bulk of one.

Each set of 4 styluses comes in special edition color combos that will not be available anywhere else. As a BONUS each set will include an additional crystal stylus! The price per stylus decreases depending on which package you purchase here. SEE VIDEO BELOW (thanks to ssjmichael)

The more people that pre-order, the faster it will be produced and into our hands. Pre-order ends on Saturday June 4, 2011...don't miss it!

Note: This is not a referral or reward link and I am not affiliated with the website, product, creator or producer in any way. I'm just trying to spread the word on a great deal for a unique accessory.

Video courtesy of ssjmichael:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Dm7frY250&feature=player_embedded

308453.jpg
3DSXStylusanimation_500.gif

gzw50g
h8zmm1j

h8zmm1j
gzw50g

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hybrid5006']So, it's a stylus... that changes its diameter to that of a crayon? Puff, puff, PASS...[/QUOTE]

The width increases for added comfort and control yet folds compact and fits into the DS. The "crayon" aspect is just the packaging art on the paper sleeve it comes in. Check the website.

[quote name='jjoplinfan']I like stuff that's different....I ordered. Just hope I get them.[/QUOTE]

I'm confident we'll get them. You can contact the creator directly. I hope this gets more exposure so it can have more support to be sold in retail stores.

I like stuff that's different too, that's why posted this for other people who do also :) I know it's not for everyone, people can make their own decisions...just don't kill (read: flame) the messenger ;)

[quote name='xxjonoxx']That actually looks really cool. That clear crystal one looks the best. Too bad I returned my 3DS :([/QUOTE]

Well, if you have any other DS (except original DS phat), it will work/fit for those systems too.

i remember seeing that video a while back. I think theyre all like hand made or buffed or something. Kinda interesting. I avoid 3rd party stylus's since the stupid DS screen is SOOOO easy to scratch, but these look like maybe they would be safe?

[quote name='Kenshindono']i remember seeing that video a while back. I think theyre all like hand made or buffed or something. Kinda interesting. I avoid 3rd party stylus's since the stupid DS screen is SOOOO easy to scratch, but these look like maybe they would be safe?[/QUOTE]

It's been highly reviewed by a few blogs, sites and mags: http://www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Crayon?c=home

I personally think ANY stylus (including 1st party) can scratch a DS screen depending on the user and their gameplay habits. That's why I always use screen protection ;)

For those who don't want to figure out the price by reading around the site link:

$15 for a set of 4: $3.75 each. 3 random colors combos and 1 crystal (clear) included.

[quote name='Kerig']For those who don't want to figure out the price by reading around the site link:

$15 for a set of 4: $3.75 each. 3 random colors combos and 1 crystal (clear) included.[/QUOTE]

To clarify:

It is 4 special edition color combos and 1 crystal (clear) additional as a BONUS for a total of 5 styluses per set. Quote from the site: "Each pack will come with 4 XStylus Crayons (of limited edition color combo) AND 1 XStylus Crystal."

It does not specifically say the color combos will be random but the site does show "possible color combos" and says "...Nothing has been confirmed yet so what you'll receive will be a total surprise". That could mean the colors they choose will the same for each set and we will not know what colors they chose until we get them.

The price per stylus (not including the bonus stylus) ranges from $1.50 to $3.75 depending on how many sets are in the package you choose to buy.

Not hard to figure out because the site describes every package in detail. If there is still confusion you could always contact the creator directly by sending him a private message or leaving comments through the site.

[quote name='semifast']Dude, are u channeling Billy Mays ?

ShamWOW ![/QUOTE]

lol they wish! Billy and Vince got nuttin' on me :cool:

[quote name='SKEETER']lol they wish! Billy and Vince got nuttin' on me :cool:[/QUOTE]
RIP Billy, we miss you :cry:.

i get too worried about 3rd party stuff scratching the screen, even with a screen protector on it (3DS is my 1st DS). i do have an iTouch w/ a screen protector on and never use it when my fingernails are even a little long, even though i don't use that part of my finger to touch the screen, lol. i am very anal, and scared that i'll mess up such expensive toys.

great idea, though, for those that need more grip. i have smaller hands myself, so it has never been a concern (plus, i use my finger on every game i play unless i have to type in a name or something).

thanks for the info, OP.

[quote name='gargus']So, where is the deal?[/QUOTE]

The bonus crystal stylus, the low price per stylus, getting a limited run unique item that's not available anywhere else and very few others will have...take your pick

[quote name='gargus']So, where is the deal?[/QUOTE]

The deal is the bonus crystal stylus, the low price per stylus, getting a limited run unique item that's not available anywhere else and very few others will have...take your pick

[quote name='twztid13']RIP Billy, we miss you :cry:.

i get too worried about 3rd party stuff scratching the screen, even with a screen protector on it (3DS is my 1st DS). i do have an iTouch w/ a screen protector on and never use it when my fingernails are even a little long, even though i don't use that part of my finger to touch the screen, lol. i am very anal, and scared that i'll mess up such expensive toys.

great idea, though, for those that need more grip. i have smaller hands myself, so it has never been a concern (plus, i use my finger on every game i play unless i have to type in a name or something).

thanks for the info, OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally understand about wanting to keep your toys crispy-clean shiny and new. However, no matter how well I take care of things, nothing remains perfect forever and I just have to accept it.

Anyway, like I said above, I think any stylus can scratch depending on usage.

Sorry if this isn't for you. Just passing along the info. Thanks for reading!

[quote name='SKEETER']It's been highly reviewed by a few blogs, sites and mags: http://www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Crayon?c=home

I personally think ANY stylus (including 1st party) can scratch a DS screen depending on the user and their gameplay habits. That's why I always use screen protection ;)[/QUOTE]

Ya.. my niece just scratched my DS lite the other day insisting on dragging a few items over to plants vs zombies. Seriously, wtf? Why is the DS screen so weak? She has one of those little learning game systems with a stylus and she uses it a lot and it has NO SCRATCHES. The tech is out there, wtf? Screw you nintendo

I tried putting a hori screen protector on the thing back when i got it, but i simply could not get it on without little dust flecks/air bubbles getting on the screen. I even bought 2 just in case i screwed up and got nothing but frustrated trying to get them on. Guess i just will have to live with scratched poorly designed systems.

This is one of the main reasons im not jumping on the 3DS (other than i think 3d is a gimick) Anyone know if that system actually has a decent screen on it?

[quote name='twztid13']RIP Billy, we miss you :cry:.

thanks for the info, OP.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you went with the screen protector too, lol. Anyone using a 3ds without one? is it more resiliant than the older DS? Hell, im wondering what brand screen protector you two went with

Anyway, as to the deal they do seem neat, the regular stylus is too tiny for me. I do like the XL pen stylus, but it doesn't really store anywhere easily, this is a neat solution. Im tempted to order one, but like i said im concerned about it scratching the screen up. Maybe i'll check that review link posted

[quote name='Kenshindono'] sounds like you went with the screen protector too, lol. Anyone using a 3ds without one? is it more resiliant than the older DS? Hell, im wondering what brand screen protector you two went with[/QUOTE]

When I first got my DS lite years ago I used Zagg invisible shield screen protectors (top and bottom). They kinda sucked. They looked and felt a little like orange peel. They were so thick I basically had to grind my stylus into the screen for anything to register. After a couple of months they became cloudy, streaky and full of lint or hairs around the screen protector edges. However when I removed them, the screen was like brand new, so they sure did their job as far as protection.

I've only used Hori screen protectors (top and bottom) on every DS I've had since then (DSi, DSi XL, 3DS) and never looked back. They are the best. They are crystal clear and super smooth with less glare and no drag. I even think the touch sensitivity is slightly improved with them. I've never had to remove or replace them, but I'm sure the screens are still pristine underneath. Hori has recently made a new and improved easy application process that all but eliminates air bubbles and misalignment. Installation Video ...sorry, I still don't know how to embed vids :dunce:

Cool idea, I guess. Personally, I dropped the coin ($15) on a stylus from PDAPanache and haven't looked back. The thing is awesome. It's hefty, which takes some getting used to, but once you do, going back to cheap plastic makes you feel like you're playing with a toddler's toy.

The only drawback is that after 3? 4? years, the nub that holds it in the DS has worn down and it doesn't like to stay in most of the time, but I guess that could be said for any DS stylus.

bread's done
Back