Pre-ordering from Best Buy B&M

Pck21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I've never pre-ordered from Best Buy...so I had a quick question.

How much do you have to put down up front to pre-order a game?

$5, and only $5, nothing more, nothing less. You are essentially purchasing a virtual voucher that you return upon pickup of the actual game, thus putting that refund towards actual purchase cost. You don't need to bring back the card or case that you got at time of pre-order; all you need is the receipt. (Notable exception: Gears of War 2 R/C tank bonus coupon included in pre-order case.) Note you can also get a refund of the pre-order up to two weeks after the game's release, I believe, regardless of if it's been 30+ days after initial pre-order purchase.

[quote name='dafunkk12']$5, and only $5, nothing more, nothing less. You are essentially purchasing a virtual voucher that you return upon pickup of the actual game, thus putting that refund towards actual purchase cost. You don't need to bring back the card or case that you got at time of pre-order; all you need is the receipt. (Notable exception: Gears of War 2 R/C tank bonus coupon included in pre-order case.) Note you can also get a refund of the pre-order up to two weeks after the game's release, I believe, regardless of if it's been 30+ days after initial pre-order purchase.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Thank you for the detailed reply and answer!

[quote name='dafunkk12']$5, and only $5, nothing more, nothing less. You are essentially purchasing a virtual voucher that you return upon pickup of the actual game, thus putting that refund towards actual purchase cost. You don't need to bring back the card or case that you got at time of pre-order; all you need is the receipt. (Notable exception: Gears of War 2 R/C tank bonus coupon included in pre-order case.) Note you can also get a refund of the pre-order up to two weeks after the game's release, I believe, regardless of if it's been 30+ days after initial pre-order purchase.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I would add is that if it's more than 2 weeks after the intial release, you can also still get your money back, BUT they will only put it on a BestBuy giftcard at that point.

bread's done
Back