Pre-owned refurbished Xbox 360 for $99 at GameStop

Ensoul

CAGiversary!
I did not see this posted anywhere nor did I see an official GameStop thread.

May not be a bad deal for someone looking for an extra 360.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/huge-xbox-savings/

$99.00
• Xbox 360 Console
• 20GB Hard Drive
• Wireless Controller
• Headset
• HD Component Cables
• Ethernet Cable
• AC Cable
• AV Cable Component
• 90 Day Manufacturer's Warranty

• 1 Additional Wireless Controller – Pre-owned
• XB360 Charge Base w/batteries
• Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Pre-owned
• Gears of War 2 – Pre-owned
• Fable III – New
• Halo Reach – New

This thing is the equivalent of a c4 explosive lol. Never buy a refurb 360, Might as well invest in the far superior slim model. You can get these games cheaper elsewhere anyway. Do these even have the hdmi port ?

I've seen this before. It's kind of tempting for the price but without a guarantee that you'll get a jasper unit, I'm not taking the risk. I've already had about 8 360s since they came out.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This thing is the equivalent of a c4 explosive lol. Never buy a refurb 360, Might as well invest in the far superior slim model. You can get these games cheaper elsewhere anyway. Do these even have the hdmi port ?[/QUOTE]

Good point. I would never risk one, UNLESS I could be assured that it was an actual Jasper unit, the last "fat" revision that uses the least power and generates less heat (of all the fat models). Jaspers should be fairly reliable; but as you said, a slim would be a better option, and there have been alot of gift card offers with slim consoles lately.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I remember people combining refurb 360's with that infamous nyko intercooler, ewww let's just say that led to many bad things[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly what I did. I thought it was going to make the xbox stay cooler, but instead it made it sound louder and didn't do a thing :cry:

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Thats exactly what I did. I thought it was going to make the xbox stay cooler, but instead it made it sound louder and didn't do a thing :cry:[/QUOTE]

At least yours didn't melt into your system ! Some people that I've seen didn't have as much luck as you my friend

I'd been looking to pick up an Xbox for the past few weeks and finally decided on this a couple days a go. Apparently that was a bad idea. :(

Maybe I'll keep the extra items and trade in the system to Gamestop for the $50 towards new hardware and get a new slim with the credit. That might make it worth it?

This sale has been going on for quite a while now... I've seen it posted here before.

These are Microsoft Refurbished consoles, not Gamestop refurbished ones. Which, overall, is probably better, but still risky. They're probably consoles kept in Microsoft's storage used to replace RRODs, but now they have no reason to hang onto them anymore. This is also an online-only deal, as stores don't carry Microsoft Refurbished ones.

I almost bit a couple times, but the killer for me was that these are most often ones without HDMI ports.

[quote name='Luuc']I'd been looking to pick up an Xbox for the past few weeks and finally decided on this a couple days a go. Apparently that was a bad idea. :(

Maybe I'll keep the extra items and trade in the system to Gamestop for the $50 towards new hardware and get a new slim with the credit. That might make it worth it?[/QUOTE]

That's not at all a bad idea, considering you should get $110 for the console (unless it's dropped recently), which is about as much as you paid for it after shipping. And you get to keep the headset, hard drive, and some cables.

Yeah they are risky. However I did have a refurbished xbox 360 from Microsoft sent to me after mine got the RROD and it went strong for two years before I traded it in for a slim. Microsoft charges 100 bucks to fix a 360 and Gamestop is charging 99 bucks for one plus you get a little more.

Is getting a slim really that much better? I spent crazy amounts on the slim + accessories. This comes with most of the extra accessories. It's not the worst deal.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This thing is the equivalent of a c4 explosive lol. Never buy a refurb 360, Might as well invest in the far superior slim model. You can get these games cheaper elsewhere anyway. Do these even have the hdmi port ?[/QUOTE]

It does list HDMI component cables in the OP... so I'm guessing you would receive one that has HDMI out. Just sayin!! :cool: Having said that, I would also stay away from the deal. Time bombs waiting to explode. Thanks OP, but I'll pass.

[quote name='karyadi']Is getting a slim really that much better? I spent crazy amounts on the slim + accessories. This comes with most of the extra accessories. It's not the worst deal.[/QUOTE]

It's much better. It doesn't sound like laguardia airport when you turn it on, its kinect compatible out of the box (for the older models you have to buy that overpriced adapter) and it produces much less heat. It's worth it

[quote name='strait edge follower']At least yours didn't melt into your system ! Some people that I've seen didn't have as much luck as you my friend[/QUOTE]

I didn't have a refurb xbox, but I did have an early model(got it 6 months after it came out)

I bought the nyko intercooler and it melted on to my system. I think I was lucky as I caught it early since I smelt something funny, so only a part of it melted on, burnt marks everywhere.

I felt lucky as I was able to pull the melt parts off the xbox, but I was pissed that the item I bought to prevent overheating ended up melting on to my xbox.

[quote name='shivan128']It does list HDMI component cables in the OP... so I'm guessing you would receive one that has HDMI out. Just sayin!! :cool: Having said that, I would also stay away from the deal. Time bombs waiting to explode. Thanks OP, but I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

It lists HD component cables, not HDMI.

I actually picked up one of these about a month or so ago to replace my daughters 360 that had an E74 error. It is MS refurbished, and seems pretty much like a launch pro bundle. This one didnt have an HDMI port, but for her room thats not a big deal anyways. Overall it really is not a bad deal for a spare system for a kid that mainly plays a game or 2 and watches a shitton of Netflix .

It would be nice if there was still Arcade bundles of original Xbox 360s being sold in stores and 1-16 GB memory cards/units existed. This seems like a decent deal if you're lucky and don't get a lemon system.

Take out the 20 GB hard drive and make it less than $75 and throw in a 512 MB memory unit or two instead. I might get one as a second back-up system to my 120 GB Elite.

bread's done
Back