Predators - In theaters now! Post your Reviews here! (Spoilers)

[quote name='tcrash247']
They just keep fucking this franchise over and over again, will it ever stop?No, because the same people that paid to see Transformers 2 will pay to see this.[/QUOTE]

A! I'm 1 of those people. Except I pay $6 to go see a movie. Besides I'm a fan of the Aliens/Predator franchise. Also I have to support my people.

[quote name='TC']Please don't suck.[/QUOTE]
THIS.

new trailer 2morrow. Im a big fan of predator but the last few pred movies have F**** sucked and if this one does 2 then they need to stop, which is unlikely.

I don't think they need to stop making them if this one sucks. They just need to get someone that knows what they are doing and is a fan.

[quote name='mediviper']AVP2 was a god awful mess. Consider yourself lucky. The only reason I have faith in Predators is Robert Rodriguez is helming it. He may do it justice, but for the most part I agree with other posts on here. The more I hear about the movie, the more I lose faith.[/QUOTE]

I agree with al ot of the other posters here, Predators just sounds like a bad idea. I really don't think you can capture the essence that the original had. It had Arnold, it was the 80's when action flicks with cheesy lines/puns were everywhere and people ate it up. Plain and simple, the original is just bad ass.

But with AVP2, yeah I agree the movie is bad, but its awesome at the same time. I went in knowing it would suck and just told myself to enjoy it, and I did. It had enough action and gore to make up for everything else that was bad. It was so ridiculous it became enjoyable.

Well after seeing that I want to see this even more now but I'm still not sure about it. It seems like they are trying to mix Aliens and Predator into one movie. Atleast that is what I got out of the trailer. It just made me think of Aliens only in the jungle and you just replace the aliens with predators.

[quote name='sendme']Well after seeing that I want to see this even more now but I'm still not sure about it. It seems like they are trying to mix Aliens and Predator into one movie. Atleast that is what I got out of the trailer. It just made me think of Aliens only in the jungle and you just replace the aliens with predators.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the first Predator basically Alien in the jungle?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Honestly I am kinda mixed on this..... yes the trailer was awesome...but remember how awesome the trailer for AVP:R?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQOvgG9P3M

I was like damn..this is gonna be a good one that will make up for how bad AvP was...

Final product=Nope :(

So it's gonna be great trailer, crappy movie.[/QUOTE]

actually the avpr trailer was crap and only went out to prove that it was rated r nothing else. and this is a predator movie not avp movie. also RR is behind it so it has someone good-decent working behind it. lets wait until release to judge the movie b4 calling it crap OK

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']actually the avpr trailer was crap and only went out to prove that it was rated r nothing else. and this is a predator movie not avp movie. also RR is behind it so it has someone good-decent working behind it. lets wait until release to judge the movie b4 calling it crap OK[/QUOTE]

I really hope your right about this... I am going to give it a shot, but if it really bad, then fuck it... I will never see another AvP or Predator(s) movie again!

ps-walmart has AvP1 for 10 bucks on blu ray....:bomb:

Awesome, Walter Goggins is in this? Shane FTW!

Seems like Derek Mears is the new Kane Hodder...literally.

This is one of those movies I'm going to think it absolute garbage but probably keep as a guilty pleasure. Like Wanted.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really hope your right about this... I am going to give it a shot, but if it really bad, then fuck it... I will never see another AvP or Predator(s) movie again!

ps-walmart has AvP1 for 10 bucks on blu ray....:bomb:[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree, if this fails then the predator series will die.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Awesome, Walter Goggins is in this? Shane FTW!

Seems like Derek Mears is the new Kane Hodder...literally.

This is one of those movies I'm going to think it absolute garbage but probably keep as a guilty pleasure. Like Wanted.[/QUOTE]

lol he was the first one i noticed in the trailer "why am i here raylan"? damn now i think it could be an ok movie still id wonder wtf would be the reason for the govt to drop people in to fight predators
( unless they cut some sort of deal as a way to keep them away from earth).

[quote name='lokizz']lol he was the first one i noticed in the trailer "why am i here raylan"? damn now i think it could be an ok movie still id wonder wtf would be the reason for the govt to drop people in to fight predators
( unless they cut some sort of deal as a way to keep them away from earth).
[/QUOTE]

not the govt, predators themselves took them and dropped them off

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']not the govt, predators themselves took them and dropped them off[/QUOTE]

oh so they go to earth looking for killers to kill. but now they take them to their own personal hunting grounds. i wonder if the predators they will be fighting are rookies like the one in p2 or pros like the one in p1.

[quote name='lokizz']oh so they go to earth looking for killers to kill. but now they take them to their own personal hunting grounds. i wonder if the predators they will be fighting are rookies like the one in p2 or pros like the one in p1.[/QUOTE]

someone in between. the guys from p1 were complete bad**** but p2 had cops and drug lords which is not much of a fight. predators has a mercenarie, yakuza, spec op, navy seal, drug cartel enforcer, corrupt doctor, and a few guys in combat in other divisions. now thats a good mix up. and X1000000000000000000000000000000 better than these n00bs in avp movies

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The 1994 arcade game was better.[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah, that was a badass beat'em up game. I also remember playing the Aliens game that had the gun controllers at the Disney land arcade. Me and my buddy had a pocket full of quarters and were kicking ass :twoguns: , that is until our quarters ran out and then we were like...:cry: son now what? go on some rides?:whistle2:|

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The 1994 arcade game was better.[/QUOTE]

speaking of which i thought that was the direction they were going after that one aliens movie where they cloned ripley and winona ryder turned out to be a cyborg. man i hope at least one of them in the new flick is a damn cyborg.

[quote name='lokizz']speaking of which i thought that was the direction they were going after that one aliens movie where they cloned ripley and winona ryder turned out to be a cyborg. man i hope at least one of them in the new flick is a damn cyborg.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this movie set in more contemporary times. If so, that wouldn't make sense.

Yea. This looks just plain bad.

Everything about it just seems 2nd rate with no baises of the Predator lore. I love the whole they are on a different planet but it just happens to look like a Earth Jungle.

Too many gimmicks in this movie.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yea. This looks just plain bad.

Everything about it just seems 2nd rate with no baises of the Predator lore. I love the whole they are on a different planet but it just happens to look like a Earth Jungle.

Too many gimmicks in this movie.[/QUOTE]

it kinda sucks that all jungle/tropical environments look the same. youd think if it was an alien world aside from strange animals the plant life would be diff too. most flicks look like a mixture of sa or hawaii.

Well they arent going to fight them here...
screenshot2.png

not to mention the movie has a low budget of 40 million and still manages to look good.

[quote name='GUNNM']when will the predators just send in the agent 47 of predators to earth and just eliminate everyone[/QUOTE]

They're not conquerors, they're hunters. It'd be like humans taking over a planet full of deer.

[quote name='lokizz']you think the predators have virgins waiting for them after they set off those self destruct devices?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='camoor']Isn't this movie set in more contemporary times. If so, that wouldn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

Pfft. We've had cyborgs around for years.

This.

I have very little hope for this movie. Trailer was very mediocre. Very sad since Danny Trejo and Adrien Brody are both in it. I am hoping at least one movie I want to watch in the theaters comes out this summer (interested in Inception, The Expendables, and Machete). The last movie I saw in theaters was Shutter Island, and before that it was Michael Jackson's concert.

The trailer looks much better than the AvP shit-fests.....but then again, that isn't much of an accomplishment.

I'm a big Predator fan but I will waiting for BR to catch this movie, partially because I just can't stand Brody.

[quote name='lokizz']speaking of which i thought that was the direction they were going after that one aliens movie where they cloned ripley and winona ryder turned out to be a cyborg. man i hope at least one of them in the new flick is a damn cyborg.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I can sit through another Alien shit fest to see but wasn't Winona Ryder's character a clone or Ripley?

I wan't to have high hopes for this but all I'm saying to myself when I see a trailer for this movie is "Please don't suck." Lets face it out of both Alien and Predator we got 3 or 4 good movies and the rest have been trash.

Alien was fucking great, Aliens yet again fucking great taking it all in somewhat of a new direction as a sci-fi/action/horror movie, Alien 3 and Resurrection both were trash. They killed off everyone in 3 and Cameron gave them a shit load to work with for another movie. They could have ran with it but what did they do they killed them all off. In Resurrection none of the clones know they are clones and yet didn't some fucked up alien come out of one of them? Oh yeah and the older Ripley clone it thinks is its mother.

With Predator the first one was great and the second was no Aliens however I thought it was still good. Not as good as the first but not all sequals are.

AVP and AVPR well I wish to forget they were made. Atleast we have the comics.

Maybe Predators will change all this and be a good movie. Hell it is named Predators in tribute to Aliens and that was said by the director. Also the fact that it has more then one Predator running around and if I remember right this takes place after the first and 2 never happend or has not happend yet I can't remember what one.

I don't know why but I expect the end of the movie to look like:

INT/EXT - AREA FILLED WITH EGGS (This could be inside or outside however chances are it would be in a cave)

Alien Queen hangs from the ceiling. Her arms chained with little to no room for her to move them. Her egg sack full of Xenomorph eggs. The area is filled with them all about ready to hatch.

LAST LIVING CHARACTER #1
Shit!

LAST LIVING CHARACTER #2
What is this place?

LAST LIVING CHARACTER #1
It's a nest.​

An egg opens up.

[FADE TO BLACK]

[CREDITS]

I'm sure the writing would be better than what I just did but for the most part I'm willing to bet that is how this ends. That way Fox can try to do another AVP. If they do they should call it AVP: Shitfest round 3 or AVP: Why are you back a third time.

Well I saw this today, here is my mini review.

Well first of all you have to know what you are going into to watch this. If you are going to expect a high production value sci fi adventure, you will be disappointed.

First off with the actors, they picked good actors to play the part of the movie. The only problem is the dialog they are saying is terrible at some points. The acting is allright on a whole, but well it seems like they could of took out 20 minutes of the movie here and there and it would of been much better. It drags on for some points in the movie for no reason.

The other problem with this movie is the CG. There are parts of the movie where you can clearly see oh this is Computer Generated and it just makes the movie feel less authentic.

Overall if you expect coming into this movie a movie that is better than a Sci Fi Original but not nowhere as good as any good sci fi film, then you will have fun with it. It's not terrible, but than again it's really not that good, it's kinda meh, seen it.

Final Score 6/10

Just saw it....pretty much kept thinking "Man, I wish this was Predator" the whole time.

It's not bad...but it's not good. Like the poster above me said....it's meh, though I'd lean more towards the not good side.

I agree with the above two guys. I was expecting so much more.

The scene in the trailer with all of the targeting reticules on Brody isn't even in the movie. There's only one reticule on him in that scene.

My expectations were pretty low going in so I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. I thought the behavior of the characters was for the most part believable, which for a action/horror movie is a rarity. I liked the movie a lot until the last 20 minutes or so, then it went from being good to just being above average. Oh and the plot twist in the second half of the movie involving one of the characters was really pointless and stupid, almost ruined the movie for me honestly.

7/10

[quote name='cgarb84']Oh and the plot twist in the second half of the movie involving one of the characters was really pointless and stupid[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Edwin? That actually made sense after thinking about it - the group dropped into the jungle are all very dangerous people.. the doctor was out of place, so for him to actually be a murderer made sense. It was a stupid twist, but you kind of knew it'd happen after he shared his knowledge about the poisonous liquid secreted by the plant

Yeah, it's a Netflix for me after reviews. Still need to find time to see Toy Story 3, then Inception is out next week.

Did anyone else just absolutely cringe at the part where
Adrian Brody tries to emulate Arnold's famous lines of "C'mon, kill me, I'm here...Do it..etc.
?

I appreciate them trying to make the homage but damn...it was not good...at all.

Looks like it goes to rental for me as well.

Good to know to save movie money for now, since I found out I'll need to see Inception twice, once in IMAX and one in D-Box. :drool:

Compared to AvP2 , I thought it was much better. I liked the Pred Designs better this time around. The story was ok... I did like the sword fight between that one guy and the pred...didn't feel too cheap.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like it goes to rental for me as well.

Good to know to save movie money for now, since I found out I'll need to see Inception twice, once in IMAX and one in D-Box. :drool:[/QUOTE]

that new leo film right? looks pretty cool kind of puts me in the mind of dark city.

[quote name='Scorch']
Are you talking about Edwin? That actually made sense after thinking about it - the group dropped into the jungle are all very dangerous people.. the doctor was out of place, so for him to actually be a murderer made sense. It was a stupid twist, but you kind of knew it'd happen after he shared his knowledge about the poisonous liquid secreted by the plant
[/QUOTE]

I mean yeah I guess it made sense but it was just dumb on so many levels.
It was executed badly, why did he bother hiding it until the very end, and then why would he try to incapacitate his fellow "group-mates" the way he did? He went from badly not wanting to die the entire movie to all of a sudden "I'm a killer I want to stay on this alien planet and live amongst the beasts"...... REALLY??? It is just so dumb and unnecessary.

[quote name='cgarb84']I mean yeah I guess it made sense but it was just dumb on so many levels.
It was executed badly, why did he bother hiding it until the very end, and then why would he try to incapacitate his fellow "group-mates" the way he did? He went from badly not wanting to die the entire movie to all of a sudden "I'm a killer I want to stay on this alien planet and live amongst the beasts"...... REALLY??? It is just so dumb and unnecessary.
[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. I don't understand what he was going to try to do. The only thing I thought of when he did that was 'huh, guess he wants to rape bitches' from the conversation earlier. I guess he wanted to play the worthless guy, survive til the end, doublecross them ftw and just hang out on the island? I dunno. I guess we'll find out on the DVD or something

[quote name='cgarb84']I mean yeah I guess it made sense but it was just dumb on so many levels.
[/QUOTE]

Yea.... I was like huh? Time for me to turn evil because I hate Peter Parker and I love the Symbiont!!! The Predators were not going to keep him alive... I was really surprised that the pred the other guy let go decided to let him live..I was hoping that he would let him go, then stab the poor sob in the chest. Just because you let someone go, it doesn't mean that they have to let you live.

As for the Predators...I thought I read somewhere their skins are extremely tough..but I don't think that tough to withstand a direct explosion from several grenades..that's gotta hurt /make it bleed. The sniper rifle shot was questionable..could anyone recognize it?

so wait.....the mask/helmet is what cloaks the entire body of it's user?

Special effects were good... nothing crazy or too CG'ish. The plasma caster shot looked a bit different than the last movie (AvP2)...but I will ignore that since it's stated in the movie they improve (evolve) their hunting techniques/technology. I was really hoping to see more gruesome scenes though.... those might show up in the unrated version.

That was funny when the guy said the 5 o'clock raping women line.

The end was like...fuck the other people coming down..we are out of here.

bread's done
Back