Predict a GBA SP Pricedrop soon?

fragmanslayer

CAGiversary!
With the release of the Nintendo DS, does anyone know, or have any idea of Nintendo price dropping their GBA SPs below the current 79.99 pricetag? How long do you think it will take for a price drop?

my guess is that they might follow the GC business model. maybe they'll keep it at 79.99 but bundle it with a popular game, like they did with Metroid and now MK:DD for the GC.

[quote name='organicow']my guess is that they might follow the GC business model. maybe they'll keep it at 79.99 but bundle it with a popular game, like they did with Metroid and now MK:DD for the GC.[/quote]

Agreed. I really don't see them doing another price drop so soon after they just dropped it to $79.99. But maybe they'll drop the standard GBA price. AFAIK that's been at $59.99 since the SP was released.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='organicow']my guess is that they might follow the GC business model. maybe they'll keep it at 79.99 but bundle it with a popular game, like they did with Metroid and now MK:DD for the GC.[/quote]

Agreed. I really don't see them doing another price drop so soon after they just dropped it to $79.99. But maybe they'll drop the standard GBA price. AFAIK that's been at $59.99 since the SP was released.[/quote]

I thought I saw the old GBA (non-SP) being sold for $49.99 for Black Friday at Walmart.

Side question: Now for the Black Friday deals, are those prices permanent or do they jack up the prices back to their pre-BF prices after Xmas?

I am all over one if they drop to $50! I would think they would have to drop it once the DS comes out. Probably not to $50 right away though. I'd say $60 or $70 first. They will probably be slow with it or as others have said, they'll do some bundles.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='organicow']my guess is that they might follow the GC business model. maybe they'll keep it at 79.99 but bundle it with a popular game, like they did with Metroid and now MK:DD for the GC.[/quote]

Agreed. I really don't see them doing another price drop so soon after they just dropped it to $79.99. But maybe they'll drop the standard GBA price. AFAIK that's been at $59.99 since the SP was released.[/quote]

I thought I saw the old GBA (non-SP) being sold for $49.99 for Black Friday at Walmart.

Side question: Now for the Black Friday deals, are those prices permanent or do they jack up the prices back to their pre-BF prices after Xmas?[/quote]

After X mas??

Most likely a few hours after teh 'early birds" or at least that Saturday the prices are back to nromal.

Its one day man one day.

[quote name='Staind204'][quote name='Violent Jay']does ne1 kno where i can get a ps2 video screen for under $100? new or used. don't care[/quote]

lol .... ? :?:[/quote]

Ditto. You know, you can make a new topic for that completely off-topic question.

I see KBToys has SP on sale for 49.99 on BF, with purchase of $100... Do you think I can buy 2 SP at $50 each, seeing as the GBA SP count towards the $100. I need them as gifts to rugrats (12 and 14 years old.)

The Nintendo DS fits awkwardly in my hand (the small square shaped gives me trouble hitting the small buttons and the L + R buttons) so I am going to probably buy an SP. I won't pay more than 45 for it though.

bread's done
Back