Preorder Halo Reach Noble map pack @ Gamestop get flaming helmet for Avatar

[quote name='reddjoey']Didn't see it at my local, I will swing by again Friday[/QUOTE]

it's not well advertised, if advertised at all. in fact most of the employees haven't even heard of the promo yet.

[quote name='100xp']for those having problems at GS

go to the store, sign up for the PowerUp rewards program first and get your free card.

then ask them about preordering the Noble Map Pack for Halo Reach. It's in the system it just listed under something that probably isn't Halo Reach related. It's actually considered a "pre-purchase" and not a preorder so the transaction is done differently. You will be charged TAX as well unless you use Edge credit.

your codes will be emailed you to on 11/30 etc. that is all.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch

Wow... gotta go pre-order my DLC... I hope they dont run out!!!
WHAT THE fuck?!?!

Whatever.... good deal for anyone getting this anyways... free stuff for stuff your gonna buy anyways is the only reason anyone should pre-order... I mean seriously....

[quote name='robot']Wonder if this will go for $80+ on ebay like the in-game flaming helmet[/QUOTE]

That is what I am hoping for =)))

FYI I went to one store and after the guy talked to the area manager twice, I was told it was sold out (he didn't have a problem finding it in the system).

The next day I went to another store and using a memo that I'm guess was sent out to the stores in the computer system he was able to get it ordered for me. He said he had never done one before and let him know if I had any problems. I checked online and it shows that it went though.

Good luck with this when you go get it...

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Is this for the limited edition dlc? Or just the heroes addiditon?[/QUOTE]
No this is for your avatar

I put my pride aside and went into a GS to preorder this. They told me i had no clue what is going on and there is no preorder dlc exclusive and told me to buy something or please leave. This was after trying for about 20 mins to get them to do what you people are mentioning. This is why i never go to the local GS i dig the online ordering but man are the local stores so painful. I would try the other near me but when i called they told me they never heard of it and to just buy it on xbox live when it comes out saying it was prob from them.

So i hope they do this for there online store cause i will not ever go into there local stores again no matter what. I really wanted a flame helmet for my avatar to. I guess i will have to eblah it or buy from someone on here.

Good luck everyone.

[quote name='apolloimburning']For anyone having trouble with their GS employees not knowing what's going on, just give them this sku:

610080[/QUOTE]
So if you preorder this in store, you will get the avatar code when you pick it up? Even if you aren't a powerup member?

That I am unsure of. I'm pretty sure you have to be a power-up member. It isn't a "pre-order" in the normal sense of how their system works (I worked their for 4 years up until a few months ago). It adds it to the transaction as a normal item (does not count as a reserve in their system). So they will manually have to type that SKU into your transaction, instead of looking it up under their new release section in the POS like they normally would for a pre-order. Just get the free membership if you're worried.

I just recently got a confirmation email about my purchase, saying that my codes will show up in my power-up rewards page, and that the avatar codes will be emailed to me.

another email I just received:

GameStop Exclusive:

Pre-order the Halo:Reach Noble Map Pack DLC, pay at any* GameStop location and get the Mark V Flaming Helmet for your Xbox 360 avatar.

You'll receive the Noble Map Pack content code delivered directly to the Downloads and Add-ons section of your PowerUp Rewards™ Game Library. The exclusive Mark V Flaming Helmet Avatar code will be included in the email confirmation when the Map Pack content code is delivered. Not a member? It's free to join, click here to find out how!

*A limited number of GameStop locations are unable to sell downloadable content at this time.
See your local store associate for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just knowing the SKU will not guarantee that you will be able to prepurchase it... Thats just one step that seems to throw them off...

The guy that finally was able to do it for me had some type of memo in the computer that he followed to get it purchased. I have no doubt that without whatever he was reading he would not have been able to do it.

[quote name='CaseX']If you want the avatar item, then it's a decent deal. Money-wise, it's cheaper to buy direct from your xbox account if you're on this website and you get point cards during deals. Paying $10 cash is more expensive than paying 800 MSP because those points were bought for less than $10.[/QUOTE]

The voice of reason.

Preordered one today it was kinda a pain in the ass to do though as the gal working had no idea what I was talking about and said they don't preorder the DLC stuff. Showed her the linked info from the email on my phone and she was like wow we gotta figure this out because she wanted that flaming avatar head.

Finally figured it out and I got it, sucks they tax DLC... But oh well the helmet is badass. :D

DBZ and halo merge with disastrous results in that pic.

When I went in to try and preorder or Mon or Tues they told me that the computer said I am "not allowed" to order this. You think they would have their crap together when that start an initiative such as this.

[quote name='darthballz']DBZ and halo merge with disastrous results in that pic.

When I went in to try and preorder or Mon or Tues they told me that the computer said I am "not allowed" to order this. You think they would have their crap together when that start an initiative such as this.[/QUOTE]

I got the same response even though they had posters advertising the very same deal hanging on the wall behind the register. I detected incompetence, so I called another local GS, drove over, and completed the transaction without any problems. So I guess just call before you go to the store.

Ugh...wish I would have written down the SKU that a previous poster mentioned. I also was not able to pre-order, even though there was a poster right behind the employee about per-ordering the map pack. Gonna scribble that SKU down and try again tomorrow. GS really screwed this up. If they are going to continue to do stuff with DLC, they need to work the kinks out of the system.

I really don't see why any GameStop would have a problem doing this deal. There was a commercial on the GameStop TV for the map pack and helmet when I was in there today. Not every store is big enough to have one of those TVs but they must all know about it by now.

Keep in mind that a lot of auctions on eBay for codes end up getting the seller scammed. E-mailing codes is against eBay's ToS, so if the buyer complains and says the code doesn't work, you're screwed.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Keep in mind that a lot of auctions on eBay for codes end up getting the seller scammed. E-mailing codes is against eBay's ToS, so if the buyer complains and says the code doesn't work, you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

Is shipping codes through USPS/UPS/FedEx allowed by eBay?

Yes, that is perfectly legitimate. Unfortunately, you can still run into issues. If the buyer claims the code didn't work, it's impossible to prove otherwise. All that you can prove is that you shipped them something...not necessarily a working a code. I have seen a few people on here say that eBay sided with them in such disputes, but for the most part, you're pretty much in a bad situation whenever you try to sell a code on eBay. You just have to hope that the buyer is an honest person. I've sold about 20 codes on eBay, all e-mailed, and have only had one problem.

[quote name='aceattorney']WTF Gamestop says the pre-order is only for power-up members?[/QUOTE]
That's because you don't actually go to the store to pick this up. The code to download the maps will show up on your PowerUp Rewards account.

[quote name='aceattorney']WTF Gamestop says the pre-order is only for power-up members?[/QUOTE]

just sign up for a power up account, it's easy and you get power up reward points that you can trade in...several thousand will get you free controllers, a gc, or a game etc. it's really only worth it for someone who does a lot of buying and trading used or does holiday shopping for everyone else.

[quote name='crewj']not sure if this is really a deal, but anchor 9, part of the map pack is free:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...98c7bed-4569-49dc-a14d-57445a82ffb6?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]

It seems to be just an extended indepth video of the Map by the description.

"Go Zero-G with gameplay and commentary covering Anchor 9, one of three new maps in the Noble Map Pack."

Mind you I haven't downloaded it yet, maybe you can fly around in forge and check it out who knows.

[quote name='100xp']It seems to be just an extended indepth video of the Map by the description.

"Go Zero-G with gameplay and commentary covering Anchor 9, one of three new maps in the Noble Map Pack."

Mind you I haven't downloaded it yet, maybe you can fly around in forge and check it out who knows.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right... didn't look closely at the descrip. :bomb:

So I ended up having to go to 2 Gamestops to finally get this. The first one was aware of the deal, however the manager had no idea how to actually sell the game even after I gave him the SKU code that was posted. He tried to work with the system for about 10 minutes before finally giving up and apologizing for not being able to sell it. While all of this was happening, I saw the ad for the free Flaming Helmet on the Gamestop TV twice, not to mention the poster advertising it behind the counter haha.

Next stop was to the GS that I usually go to. It took them literally like one minute to do the transaction, all I needed was the Powerup card (I have the free one). Basically it isn't like a normal preorder and even with the SKU, unless the employee knows how to sell it, they can't. Pretty dumb how it works, but if you didn't have any luck at one Gamestop try to find one where they know what's going on!

My friend and I went to our local gamestop to pick this up. It takes the guy like 10 min to finally get my transaction to go through. Then when my friend goes to buy, it tells them it is out of stock or something to that effect.

I had to contact three Gamestops to find one that didn't already sell out of the pre-sale. If you want the avatar helmet, you better hurry!

DLC selling out makes no sense when they aren't giving you the code on one of the cards they sell in the store.

it's quite possible GS is only allowed to sell a certain number of codes (as it seems currently there is no other way to get the flaming avatar helmet)

[quote name='falcondealz']Why should I do this, so it won't work AGAIN like my Gamestop pre-order for the Recon armor?[/QUOTE]

Recon Armor? You mean the UA Multi-threat armor?

You should get one from GS if you preordered, it's not an exclusive code but an unlock code to access the armor that's already hard coded on the Reach Disc. My friend preordered, they ran out of codes, but eventually they emailed it to him like 2 weeks later.

This is something you should confirm with GS, no one here can convince you...you just need GS to make sure they follow through or RAGE on them til you get it and your UA armor.

I went to the local GS on Wednesday, the associate knew exactly what the deal was. He signed me up on the free PowerUp Rewards and then preordered the DLC with it.

Then I went home and activated the account online. Couple of days later the DLC order appeared in my account.

It looks like the map pack code will appear in the account and the flaming avatar code will appear in the email notification when the map pack is released.

[quote name='eau']I went to the local GS on Wednesday, the associate knew exactly what the deal was. He signed me up on the free PowerUp Rewards and then preordered the DLC with it.

Then I went home and activated the account online. Couple of days later the DLC order appeared in my account.

It looks like the map pack code will appear in the account and the flaming avatar code will appear in the email notification when the map pack is released.[/QUOTE]
THIS

If anyone is having problems, this will solve them all. At my local Gamestop, I was basically the training to the employees on how to sell this.

I'll be watching this thread because I'm hoping that codes go out early, I'll be checking GS power up site many times today to see if its there :)

When I first heard of this I was hoping that it was somehow animated flames... I'm afraid it's probably just going to look like orange tissue paper glued to the top of Spartan helmet. :(

Too bad the new map pack doesn't support firefight, basicly the only game mode I still play. Otherwise I would buy/pre-order it for sure.

Hopefully they can implement FF into one or more of the maps. At least they did add Glacier, I don't see why they can't/won't add more in the coming months...as for orange tissue paper, I figure why the heck not...free avatar gear is like changing socks.

bread's done
Back