Preorder KOF:MI, get a boatload of stuff!

[quote name='Mafia']Yeah, but it's missing the most important extra: TERRY BOGARD'S HAT![/quote]

It's on there man! I don't know why it isn't in the little pic, but click the link. It's there, and i'm gonna wear it!

Actually the hat is the only pre-order extra...the rest of the stuff is part of the collector's edition of the game. If I remember right for the SNK Playmore press release you don't necessarily have to pre-order in order to get the Collector's Edition.

Edit: In fact, the CE seems to be the only retail listing for the game on both EBgames and Gamestop...

And as much as I shouldn't be spending money right now (my car is about ready to drop dead) companies keep giving me good reasons to pre-order their games. DOAU and the wall scroll, KOF:MI and Terry's hat, hell, even EB gave me $5 off for pre-ordering MK:D, as well as a free trial of their game replacement service (normally $3).

Jesus..Im really close to buying this game again. AgaiN! I have the import version...but..that..damn..hat! So tempting. Really love it. =)

Damn I didn't know this was 3-D. Guess i'll preorder it. It looks very nice, I hope gameplay is good.

it plays like 2d tho... at least from what I played from E3. think of it like Street Fighter EX.

u can OTG your opponent tho. I never really played KOF so I donno if u were able to do this before, but it's more likely a 3d feature of the game

Yeah, I was thinking about this hat the other night. I would be too tempted to take it off, toss it into the air and yell "OK!"

What's your opinion of the game?

[quote name='Eclipse']Jesus..Im really close to buying this game again. AgaiN! I have the import version...but..that..damn..hat! So tempting. Really love it. =)[/quote]

[quote name='ryosnk']Would this be only online (no credit card) or can I get it in the store also?[/quote]

No you should be able to pre-order in store and still get the hat I'm fairly certain. It's promotion done by the publisher, SNK Playmore, so I think they are doing it at all the major gamestores (EB, Gmaestop, etc.) simlar to how Midway did their Shadow Hearts thing I believe. Although it likely wouldn't hurt to ask before you do pre-order.

I called EB and Gamestop and they don't know much info about the hat. EBgames.com says the hat(bonus item) will ship with the product. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't wanna preorder if I don't get the hat.

I pre-ordered on Saturday, as I have been looking for that hat for years. Getting it for free with a shitload of swag, and a SNK game was just icing.

What's your opinion of the game?

oh..whoops..WEll,,call it KOF on speed.

Some features, new/old i noticed.
-The game is so much damn faster...Just takes a real long time to get used to.
-The health bars are much smaller..so the matches are quick and furious like Dead or Alive. When i first started playing..I remember matches that lasted about 6 seconds...(yes, you will have your ass handed to you at some points)
-A million moves added to most characters.
-*COMBOS appear in command list..FINALLY!*
-The two new characters are nothing special.
-All new and old characters have alt. outfits..and some of them are shaq fuing hilarious
-The game has one of the cheapest end bosses known to mankind..Duke. Duke with his infinite special bar, Duke with his super attacks which blow your guard to bits, Duke who pins you in the corner and cheaply pummels your bar to dregs.
-3d backgrounds! Nothing special..Characters look much better in 3d, and move fludily
-Ridiculous story mode! One word..Laughable. YOu just have to see the guy who guides you from level to level.
-Unlockables..plenty. I especially dug the guitar i stuck on Iori.
-Fun in 2 player..better than single, and lasts longer imo
-I didnt get a bloody CAP! ARRRRRRRR
-Id give this game a 7/8 out of 10. Im a huge fighting fan...ANd must admit that its a really good first effort. Its just not up there with VF4 yet. ^^

Cool. Now..is anyone willing to part with their hat? =3

[quote name='punqsux']0m6...t3h h47!!!1[/quote]what the hell?

anyway, for the offtopic DUDE ZEWONE!! nice icon, I want that cd!

I went to the record store last friday to sell some cds but got there too late, so Ima try again this friday with even more cds to cell. new Mos Def is definately gonna be one of the cds I get in my trade in

bread's done
Back