Preorder Ninja Gaiden Sigma $49.99 at familyvideo, possibly cheaper with coupon

I'm kinda debating if its worth it to pay the extra $$ and get the special edition with the bonus DVD and all.

Since its a GS/EB exclusive, they might get rare after initial release :)

Wouldn't waste your money on the Collector's Edition for a game like this. Any video from the special DVD will hit the net day of release most likely. If any Collector's Edition is worth getting its Strangelhold.

Also Liongames.com has this for pre-order for $53.99 after shipping if anyones interested. Thats where I placed my order at.

Anything to stay away from EB/GameStop. I felt stupid as hell when I bought the PS3 SpiderMan 3: CE from GameStop for $70.00. Shoulda stuck with gamecrazy probably missed out on $16 a game I traded in towards it. Bought the mag and membership deal at gamestop to squeeze the extra $4 out of each game because it made me so sick.

Avoid EB/GameStop at all costs especially when it comes to the PS3 x_x.

all gs/eb exclusive "collector's editions" I can think of (RE4, FF12) were not rare at all and actually dropped in price down the line to clearance them out. The non gs/eb limited editions (MGS3 subsistence) are the ones to pick up immediately.

[quote name='psincubus']all gs/eb exclusive "collector's editions" I can think of (RE4, FF12) were not rare at all and actually dropped in price down the line to clearance them out. The non gs/eb limited editions (MGS3 subsistence) are the ones to pick up immediately.[/quote]

You beat me to it.

Consider any GS/EB Collector's Edition as non-rare. They build up hype to subconciously drill that their exclusive edition will be rare, and it works since they over-produce. For a while, the regular edition FFXII seemed more rare and collectible than the GS FFXII Collector's Edition!

I'm not saying the CE's aren't nice, they just won't be rare, unlike MGS3 Sub. as psincubus pointed out.

$45.98 for NGS at famvid is really nice vs. $63.60 or $74.20 at gamestop (thats w/ tax). Thanks op, nice deal

oh yeah, the coupon code for $5 off for new members is: NEWMEM5F

[quote name='Caliburn']You beat me to it.

Consider any GS/EB Collector's Edition as non-rare. They build up hype to subconciously drill that their exclusive edition will be rare, and it works since they over-produce. For a while, the regular edition FFXII seemed more rare and collectible than the GS FFXII Collector's Edition!

I'm not saying the CE's aren't nice, they just won't be rare, unlike MGS3 Sub. as psincubus pointed out.[/quote]

I agree. I'm expecting this to drop in price, like the FFXII CE did.

[quote name='62t']However the Ninja Gaiden CE will have exclusive mission.[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did you read this? It only says it will have special codes to unlock Ryu and Rachael mission modes. I'm guessing you can unlock these modes after beating the game. The CE is definitely not worth it, maybe if they added the T-Shirt as well it would. Even then, all that for an extra $29 sure isn't worth it.

Btw does anyone know if you can use that code for another order or do they really check if you're a new member and if thats your only order?

I don't know if they check to make sure it's your first order, but to be safe, just sign up under a different email address and you can use it again.

so do these guys ship on time or am I going to have to wait a week or two for them to get it in stock?

[quote name='United_Korea']is the site reliable?[/QUOTE]

I guess not. nobody seems to have an answer.

yeah lots of people used it to buy gears of war when it came out. I did and my 99 cent shipping arrived in like 2 days.

There a video store chain in the midwest, I go there all the time to rent movies/games.

I really want this game but don't know if it is worth buying, even at this price, or if amonth long rental at Gamefly is more in order. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='gokou36']Where the hell did you read this? It only says it will have special codes to unlock Ryu and Rachael mission modes. I'm guessing you can unlock these modes after beating the game. The CE is definitely not worth it, maybe if they added the T-Shirt as well it would. Even then, all that for an extra $29 sure isn't worth it.

Btw does anyone know if you can use that code for another order or do they really check if you're a new member and if thats your only order?[/QUOTE]

Even if the content is supposed to be exclusive they never have another disc - just the codes and they will work on the normal one.

Is there a way I can use the coupon in stores? it comes to $54 total w/ tax if I buy in store w/o coupon.

Do you have to be a 'member' to buy from these guys? (in-store)

I downloaded and played the demo the other day, and then placed my preorder 10 minutes later. I loved the demo and can't wait to play the game. Fortunately no tax in california. I ordered a dvd from them before and I think shipping is fast but not 100% sure.

BTW the coupon code NEWMEM5F still works.

couldn't resist the instant gratification of getting it the second it's out, so i went the EB route...

I bought DVDs from them before, used $5 coupons on 5 accounts. They emailed me saying that's not allowed, but they'll allow it one time and shipped my DVDs together. I bought Smallville seasons when they were $19.99 each. It might have been cheaper, I don't recall. It was a great deal, since other store were still charging $50 a set. This was before Thanksgiving last year.

I wanted this but got a free copyof ninja gaiden for x-box instead. Can anyone sell me a copy for a nice price once they beat it???? thanks

i've ordered from famvid twice, once for this and once for another ps2 game. both I received relativity quickly.

[quote name='azortex']I bought DVDs from them before, used $5 coupons on 5 accounts. They emailed me saying that's not allowed, but they'll allow it one time and shipped my DVDs together. I bought Smallville seasons when they were $19.99 each. It might have been cheaper, I don't recall. It was a great deal, since other store were still charging $50 a set. This was before Thanksgiving last year.[/quote]

dude, if you follow Speedy's posts, Smallville dvd sets were $14.99, no coupons...

[quote name='Serpentor']dude, if you follow Speedy's posts, Smallville dvd sets were $14.99, no coupons...[/quote]

That's fine "dude," I got it for the same price then using a coupon.

bread's done
Back