Preorder Red Dead Redemption @ Walmart for $59 get 20 gift card

[quote name='DragonJuggs']Not sure if this was posted. Please delete if repost.

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc..._query=Red+Dead+Redemption&Find.x=35&Find.y=6

Here's hoping Amazon matches this price.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if an actual thread was already made for it or not. You should change the title though since it's actually Walmart not Kmart that has the offer.

They have a $20 offer for Singularity now also, and I think you get Prototype free with a mail in deal when you buy Singularity.

But yeah, I'm waiting for Amazon to match too.

You said in your thread title its K-mart but your link is Wal-mart? Lol?

EDIT: Guy above me said it too.

To add on to what ShockandAww is saying, yes with the pre-order of Singularity, you can mail in a form to get Prototype for free. I presume this is from any major retailer you buy from.

[quote name='DragonJuggs']Yeah I now realize my mistake. Lol. Can I edit the title or must I create a new thread. Sorry I'm a newbie.[/QUOTE]

You can edit it. Just go to edit then to advanced and change your title there.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You can edit it. Just go to edit then to advanced and change your title there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

[quote name='argyle']I'm actually hoping GS matches, since they have the exclusive CE. :)[/QUOTE]

GS has it for $44.99(25off coupon) w/ $10 credit.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']GS has it for $44.99(25off coupon) w/ $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I know, I just hope they match the $20 credit. They did for Mario Galaxy 2 I believe.

+1 on waiting for amazon! I just posted on red dead's product page on Amazon. I'm sure they are already aware of the walmart giftcard but if not, hopefully it gets them in motion!

[quote name='argyle']I know, I just hope they match the $20 credit. They did for Mario Galaxy 2 I believe.[/QUOTE]

They matched Walmart's $20 gift card for Mario Galaxy 2 and for Halo Reach.

[quote name='argyle']I know, I just hope they match the $20 credit. They did for Mario Galaxy 2 I believe.[/QUOTE]

gs matching this would be amazing :D cmon gs!

Oh man, I really do hope GS matches the $20 giftcard, that would just put the cherry on top of their already great deal with 15new and Collector's Edition

I already pre-ordered from Amazon, hopefully they match because $20 would be amazing. If not, I guess I'll buy from Wal-Mart (can't remember the last time I bought a game from Wal-Mart). Anyways, I'm emailing Amazon, I hope others do the same.:whistle2:k

I was going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from Gamestop, but now I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll place an order through GS and just cancel if Amazon does match the deal.

For anyone that has canceled a GS order, is it a hassle? Are you able to cancel just one of the games if there are multiple games in the order?

[quote name='dino88']I was going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from Gamestop, but now I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll place an order through GS and just cancel if Amazon does match the deal.

For anyone that has canceled a GS order, is it a hassle? Are you able to cancel just one of the games if there are multiple games in the order?[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, just go to My Orders on top of the page, click on the order, then hit cancel. If you have more than the one game, I'm not too sure if you cancel each game seperately or not. An easy phonecall or email should fix that for you, then again GS might bump up the gift card to $20, we have plenty of time before the May 18 release date!

[quote name='dino88']I was going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from Gamestop, but now I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll place an order through GS and just cancel if Amazon does match the deal.

For anyone that has canceled a GS order, is it a hassle? Are you able to cancel just one of the games if there are multiple games in the order?[/QUOTE]

For most pre-orders at least it's simple. You just go to your orders and yes you can click to cancel parts of an order.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']It's really easy, just go to My Orders on top of the page, click on the order, then hit cancel. If you have more than the one game, I'm not too sure if you cancel each game seperately or not. An easy phonecall or email should fix that for you, then again GS might bump up the gift card to $20, we have plenty of time before the May 18 release date![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']For most pre-orders at least it's simple. You just go to your orders and yes you can click to cancel parts of an order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll place an order with GS and keep my one with Amazon. I've got a couple weeks to cancel one of them.

Are we sure tonight is the last night for the 25off coupon? I don't see a date when it's applied in my cart. Or is this the last day of the gamedays sale altogether?

Not sure if this matters to anyone but me, but I just wanted to point out that the gift card is an e-gift card for online purchases only. Since I never purchase anything from Wal-Mart's website but do buy games in the store, it's not as great of a deal for me. I would much rather have the plastic card since I've had plenty of trouble ordering online from them in the past.

[quote name='creatureofwar']Not sure if this matters to anyone but me, but I just wanted to point out that the gift card is an e-gift card for online purchases only. Since I never purchase anything from Wal-Mart's website but do buy games in the store, it's not as great of a deal for me. I would much rather have the plastic card since I've had plenty of trouble ordering online from them in the past.[/QUOTE]

The great thing about walmart.com's ecards are that you instantly get them with preorders, unlike amazon and gamestop who you have to wait until release date to get them. It ends up you pay for the ecard while that amount is deducted from the game's price, so buying red dead @$60 you actually pay $20 for the card and $40 for Red Dead.

[quote name='squishface']is gamestop the only one doing a special/collectors edition?

Kinda like what they did with battlefield BC 2 ?[/QUOTE]

BC 2 Limited Edition wasn't a GS exclusive, but this Red Dead Collector's Edition is though.

Does anyone know if Amazon ups the credit on Red Dead from $10 to $20 to match this deal, will those of us who already have it pre-ordered automatically get a $20 credit when it ships.... Or would I have to cancel and then re-order?

[quote name='GodspedEmperor']Does anyone know if Amazon ups the credit on Red Dead from $10 to $20 to match this deal, will those of us who already have it pre-ordered automatically get a $20 credit when it ships.... Or would I have to cancel and then re-order?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you'll be covered. If the bonus is raised and for some reason you don't get the full amount, a call to customer service will remedy the problem.

Based on similar events in the past, I believe if amazon does match this, they will jack up the price to match wal marts (which is currently $59), so it might be worthwhile to order from amazon now to lock in amazon's current $57 price and hope that amazon does match $20 credit...and then cancel if they don't...The game doesn't come out for two weeks so there is plenty of time.

[quote name='K_G']Based on similar events in the past, I believe if amazon does match this, they will jack up the price to match wal marts (which is currently $59), so it might be worthwhile to order from amazon now to lock in amazon's current $57 price and hope that amazon does match $20 credit...and then cancel if they don't...The game doesn't come out for two weeks so there is plenty of time.[/QUOTE]

exactly what i did. locked in my price, cancel if they don't match

I'm hoping Amazon matches this too.

if they don't I will cancel my preorder from them and get it elsewhere, maybe Gamestop for the limited Edition since they seem to be doing some pretty good pricewar-ing this month online

Just pre-ordered at Gamestop. All the RDR extras for$45 with 25OFF and a $10 gift card? Can't beat that. I can always wish that they match the $20 gift card though :) Can't believe Gamestop is actually getting much of my business lately.

Yeah, the 25off has been a sweet deal with my pre-order of RDR and SMG2. But another $20 credit would just be oh so sweet.

bread's done
Back