Preorder Silent Hill Origins for PS2 and get The Silent Hill Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if there were any good deals for the upcoming PS2 release of Silent Hill Origins.

I know Game Stop's site says they're offering a preorder bonus of a free digital comic book. Does anyone know what this is? I know that a while back Konami released Silent Hill Experience on the PSP which was a collection of behind the scenes stuff and digital comics; I highly doubt it, but could it be a port of that?

Game Stop - $29.99 with Free Digital Comic (The Silent Hill Experience) + Free Shipping (SAVER)
Amazon - $29.99 + Free Shipping
Family Video - $27.64 + $0.99 Shipping
New Egg - $27.99 + Free 3 Day Shipping

Those were some of the few places online that I could even find it listed (Stores such as Best Buy and Circuit City only list the PSP version). I guess the real answer would be if the GS preorder bonus is worth it as I'm always up for saving a couple bucks otherwise.

EDIT: I realize now that this would have been better in the "Request a Video Game Deal" rather than the "Other Deals and Requests" Forum

EDIT 2: Konami's Official Silent Hill Origins Website does show the Silent Hill Experience as the preorder bonus. It appears to be the PSP version, but the image could be wrong.

[quote name='iamamoogle']I know Game Stop's site says they're offering a preorder bonus of a free digital comic book. Does anyone know what this is? I know that a while back Konami released Silent Hill Experience on the PSP which was a collection of behind the scenes stuff and digital comics; I highly doubt it, but could it be a port of that?[/quote]

I seriously doubt that the preorder bonus is Silent Hill Experience. If it is, then I'd be pleasantly shocked.

Well, after a bit more research and hunting around, I came across Konami's Official Silent Hill Origins Website. (Not the subsection of their site which offers minimal information)

On the right side, it says:

"Purchase Silent Hill: Origins for the PlayStation 2 and Receive The Silent Hill Experience "

The image looks more like its the PSP "game" and not a PS2 port or anything (Which is odd since the point in buying the PS2 port is more than likely because you don't own a PSP). Clicking on the side redirects you to GameStop's Silent Hill Origins for PS2 preorder page.

Not a bad preorder bonus, I just wish they would have made more mention and clarified what it was. I probably won't get my copy that I preordered from GameStop until late this week since I opted for the free shipping, so I guess it will be a while before I find out exactly what the bonus was.

[I went ahead and made a new topic in the Video Game Deals forum where it would be better noticed, so I suppose this thread can be closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back