Preorder StarCraft II

[quote name='Shimrra']Its a PC game I doubt it will sell out.[/quote]

It's StarCraft II. Have you not played the first StarCraft? I wouldn't be surprised if it did sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a dollar into a savings account. By the time Starcraft 2 comes out you should have more then enough to pay for it. There will be plenty of copies available too.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's StarCraft II. Have you not played the first StarCraft? I wouldn't be surprised if it did sell out.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Sell out? Want to run a bet of how available this game is going to be? -_-

I don't think PC games could sell out anymore now that people just pirate them or do the buy and download things from like places like steam. I'm going to pre-order my SC2 when I see some sort of deal with it or free item :D.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's StarCraft II. Have you not played the first StarCraft? I wouldn't be surprised if it did sell out.[/quote]

Just like how Halo 3 Legendary sold out, AMIRITE GUYZ?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']cc doesn't ship to korea does it?[/quote]

Blizzard only did the announcement of SC2 in Korea... somehow I doubt Korea will be left out in the cold with this one. CC might not be the one selling it, but I'm sure there'll be a shit-ton of places that do.

[quote name='georox']Just like how Halo 3 Legendary sold out, AMIRITE GUYZ?[/quote]

Umm..No, HL3 Legendary was perhaps the dumbest collection of junk put in a box and sold retail. Only the most hardcore(sad bunch) and people who wanted to show off their ability to waste $ bought that.

They can roughly estimate sales. It would turn into that even bad press is good press, they and others would sell it like from it's extreme success and everybody and their mum wanting it, it sold out and they are trying to get more copies out as fast as possible. Having said that I doubt it will come to that since they are gonna stuff those damn stores with plenty a copy.

People will be going ape**** for StarCraft II, haha. I still don't think I'll need to preorder it though. I'm sure they will make plenty, and plus, you never know if a deal might pop up between now and then.

[quote name='SmokyPreacher']Umm..No, HL3 Legendary was perhaps the dumbest collection of junk put in a box and sold retail. Only the most hardcore(sad bunch) and people who wanted to show off their ability to waste $ bought that.
[/quote]

Not good at sensing sarcasm, even when it's blatant, I see.

[quote name='Ziarka']I don't think PC games could sell out anymore now that people just pirate them or do the buy and download things from like places like steam. I'm going to pre-order my SC2 when I see some sort of deal with it or free item :D.[/quote]

I don't know how you'd pirate new games with all the protection crap they put on there now but I'm sure people find a way. I tried to make myself some backup copies of games that were getting scratched but gave up haha. But yeah don't tell me how cuz I know we can get in trouble for talking about it. :ziplip:

On another note WoW sold out and was sold out for a long ass time in certain places. I remember my friends girlfriend tried to get him a copy a week before christmas and it was sold out and we couldn't find him a copy until a week after the new year.

You can't pirate Blizzard games, hell you can't even pirate Starcraft and that game came out in 1998. It has to do with needing a unique CD Key to play online, and since Blizzard games tend to be multiplayer focused it's pretty much required.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. It might not completely sell out, but I'm sure it'll be a little difficult to find. I remember all of these geeks coming out of the woodwork to pick up the WoW expansion.

[quote name='yukine']You can't pirate Blizzard games, hell you can't even pirate Starcraft and that game came out in 1998. It has to do with needing a unique CD Key to play online, and since Blizzard games tend to be multiplayer focused it's pretty much required.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. It might not completely sell out, but I'm sure it'll be a little difficult to find. I remember all of these geeks coming out of the woodwork to pick up the WoW expansion.[/QUOTE]

thats what I was thinking, probably single player pc games sell like shit...

If you taking the "truly cheap ass gamer" approach, you'll wait for the Starcraft 2 battlechest, that will include an unannounced expansion.

Blizzard games always end up in "battlechests".

You guys preordering from Circuit City better hope that Circuit City is still in business by the time Starcraft II actually comes out...

Yeah, why would you pre-order from Circuit City? They're just as horrible like Best Buy. Yuck.

If I was pre-ordering something, I would go with Amazon.

But yeah, can't wait for this game. I can't believe it's been over a decade... I wish I could go back to 1998...

[quote name='Serik']StarCraft only sold, like, 9.5 million copies.[/quote]

Over 10 years... :roll:

[quote name='yukine']You can't pirate Blizzard games, hell you can't even pirate Starcraft and that game came out in 1998. It has to do with needing a unique CD Key to play online, and since Blizzard games tend to be multiplayer focused it's pretty much required.[/quote]

Starcraft is very much pirateable (even a word?). The discs copy and obtaining a unique CD Key to work for the install was easy and not much more difficult to get one that worked online. Starcraft was fucking amazing though so I'm willing to wager that most people actually bought the game instead of going this road. Even moreso at $10 and $20 (With Brood War) price points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting to check out the inevitable Collector's Edition to see if I want it, but good to see pre-orders starting up for this one. Blizzard is talking digital distribution too, so even though their servers will be hammered I wouldn't doubt this will show up there.

To the poster insulting the Halo 3 Legendary owners, I spent $130 on it day one...not because it was "limited" or going to be worth something, but because I liked the helmet and extras. There are plenty of people that spend twice that much on a single action figure so please try to not categorize fans as a "sad bunch."

I'm holding out for a collectors edition to, and I'm gonna stockpile those suckers and re-sell them for MASSIVE PROFIT!

[quote name='mtxbass1']You guys preordering from Circuit City better hope that Circuit City is still in business by the time Starcraft II actually comes out...[/quote]
:lol: It's funny and true.

bread's done
Back