Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donssword']I'm all happy about Xenoblade, but damn if I wasn't more interested in The Last Story and Pandora's Tower more than this one. Still, I'm definitely in for one ordered directly from Nintendo.com, unless Gamestop has a compelling bonus.[/QUOTE]

Ask any gaming enthusiast. They'll tell you that Xenoblade is the better game.

[quote name='jling84']Gamestop's compelling bonus: pre-order for new copies that are actually sealed and new instead of gutted copies sold as new.[/QUOTE]

I would not say that is the case. I have personally had two instances that I preordered a game at least a month in advance and still was gutted. One pickup in store and the other shipped.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I would not say that is the case. I have personally had two instances that I preordered a game at least a month in advance and still was gutted. One pickup in store and the other shipped.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant to put nintendo

Can't wait for this game! But another note, why does Nintendo's Online Store website look like it was puked up from 1995? It even runs like it's 1995.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I would not say that is the case. I have personally had two instances that I preordered a game at least a month in advance and still was gutted. One pickup in store and the other shipped.[/QUOTE]

Damn not even a preorder can save the poor games from being gutted. I would be pissed if that happened to me.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Can't wait for this game! But another note, why does Nintendo's Online Store website look like it was puked up from 1995? It even runs like it's 1995.[/QUOTE]

You can say that about a lot of Nintendo products :/

Nintendo's shipping is 5 bucks, AND they charge tax AFTER the shipping is included, so if you want to avoid that... GameStop.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Will this game be likely limited? I do want to buy it but not at full price unless I really have to.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. I'd say jump on it at full price. I'm buying 4 copies, personally.

Just pre-ordered my copy directly from Nintendo.com... I hope the gaming community really shows some support behind this move so that we can get the other titles out here as well!

I really wanted to get this from Nintendo rather than GS b/c of the exclusivity setting a bad precedent for future games, but $5 shipping and $4.74 tax = $59.73 so I may have to reconsider. Club Nintendo sends me a ton of FREE junk - shirts, buttons, case holders - and I've never ever paid for shipping. For a $50 game I pay 10% shipping? At GS w/ credit no tax which always saves me a few bucks. I currently have about $75 credit and another $30 coming after I finish Zelda. ugh.

FYI - Nintedno doesn't bill until shipped so may pre-order anyway: from their website:
For your convenience, your credit card will not be charged until your order ships. We will, however, obtain preauthorization from your credit card company prior to shipping your order which may result in a reduction in your available credit by your credit card company

I already own two European copies, but I will buy a third, North American copy to show support.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I get enough free gift cards to GS that preordering there is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Mind enlightening? =D

Hmm, apparently on Nintendo.com you can't ship to a different address from your bill to. I wanted to get a copy for my nephew as a gift. Guess I will have to resort to Gamestop. *sigh*

[quote name='Zaku77']Mind enlightening? =D[/QUOTE]

Filling out surveys at e-Rewards. $50 credit gets you $25 GS gift cards. I can also get discounted gift cards through Discover rewards.

bread's done
Back