Preorder your Nintendo DS from BB/GAMERUSH??? YOU'RE SCREWED!!!

Xphyle

CAGiversary!
Coming from a customer who has had the DS pre-ordered since it became available to pre-order in their computers, I just found out today (Friday, 4:39 PM) that the GameRush here in MI at 9 Mile and Novi Rd DIDN'T GET THEIR DS SYSTEMS IN TODAY. A Saturday shipment is possible but unlikely. This SUCKS. I was going to be there at Blockbuster/Gamerush at midnight Saturday to pick up my DS and 3 games, but NO.

I called other local BB/Gamerush store and have confirmed that no one has received them yet.

BTW, I could easily camp out in front of Target this Sunday (I still may) since they are getting 20 units and another Target slightly farther away is getting 40, but I have lots of credit at my Gamerush/BB and have been saving it for the DS.

DAMNIT

Xphyle

Uh.. it comes out Sunday. That leaves the rest of today, tomorrow, and yes, Sunday to receive shipments. Just because Fed-Ex/UPS doesn't deliver on Sunday doesn't mean other people won't.. it could easily be at BB HQ right now waiting to be shipped out to GR's.

Wrong. Shipments have already been received for today. Tomorrow is Saturday and as I stated, I was told by the store manager that it's possible, but unlikely they'll get a delivery then. And sorry, but NOBODY delivers on Sunday, so that's an impossiblitly.

Xphyle

The manager at the store I pre-ordered from is also getting one, however she's the one that gave me the information. I also heard the same thing from 2 other BB/Gamerush stores. I highly doubt that anyone will make a delivery on Sunday to EVERY BB that has a Gamerush store inside it. Who would that be?

Regardless, the manager is calling around trying to find more information for me and I'll post it as soon as I hear something.

Xphyle

Thanks for the post Xphyle I preordered my DS from GameRush also. I know they got some of the games at my GameRush in Southern CA the guy showed them to me when I went to pick up MGS3 and Prime 2, going to go tomorrow and see whats up with the DS there. I will be heart broken if I have no DS until monday or tuesday....

I got mine tonight from Gamerush.

DS7.jpg

so you get it a day later (monday). big freaking deal. it is only a single day, get over it. i am going to wait for price drops on this before i get one. i am almost 99% sure that if they don't get it in this weekend they will get it monday. in the computers at gamestop they had a street date of the 21st/22nd incase we didn't get them over the weekend.

We got like 42 of them at my work. I seriously don't think were going to sellout within a day. Only a few people asked for it so far and we don't have much advertizing for it either. Or a demo unit. I work at a Toys "R" Us in a area that has a Target and a GameStop accross the street, Best Buy, and an EB Games down the street and a mall that has another Gamestop inside. This is all within one block and TRU is usually everyones last resort around here. I'm just going to wait until after E3 when I gurantee they will announce either a package deal or a price drop for it.

This is bullshit. I just called my Gamerush and they said the DS's won't be in 'till Monday. If I knew they weren't getting the systems in on time, I would have just picked one up from TRU or something. What is the point of pre-ordering if you can't get your stuff in on the release date???

[quote name='Xphyle']Wrong. Shipments have already been received for today. Tomorrow is Saturday and as I stated, I was told by the store manager that it's possible, but unlikely they'll get a delivery then. And sorry, but NOBODY delivers on Sunday, so that's an impossiblitly.

Xphyle[/quote]

Chill, its a game

If you wanted it right away, why not just walk into a store and get it, not that hard. But hey it preordered and you'ree guaranteed it if it truely does sell out.

Those fuckers at gamerush I just called them to see if they got them in so I could get the one i pre-ordered. It turns out they got 8 units and sold all of them even my pre-ordered one. I paid the full $150 on my pre-order so what should i do now?

is it possible 2 cancel the order? i got a free copy of halo 2that way (yes, free) i ordered one from overstock..and cancelled like right after the payment went thru..i spoke 2 a live rep and he said it cancelled also (i cancelled cus i ordered it for my friend *the normal one* and he wanted an LE* so the guy said, my card was refunded and the order cancelled...now, i get a package...and i got the postman right b4 he was about 2 scan it *i had just gotten home when he showed up* and im like..ill take it *i had no idea wat it was, but it had my name on it* showed him id....*keep in mind he didnt scan :D* and i took the package..and opened it 2 find a sealed normal halo 2..with no item number, and no order number..so i guess its mine..and my card wasnt charged
:) lucky huh

I just got back from my GameRush they did not have it yet. I was able to get a game for it, but that does not do me much good at all.

I also got mine from BB/Gamerush (in Athens, GA) today, but like many stores that take preorders they only had enough for those that preordered the system.

This is kinda off topic but you might want to check Bestbuy. My local bestbuy had like 40 DS systems, maybe more. Though, not too many games.

I thought that they were going to rape my children. I'm glad it is a useless concern from someone who obviously worries about things that are unimportant.

so they got 8 units in? how many pre-orders do you think they had? probably more than 8 is my guess. that just means 8 people picked theirs up and you didn't get to it in time.

When I walked into EB this morning to pick up my pre-order, I was informed that they were "short-shipped" and that I wouldn't be getting a DS today. I left without incident, as yelling at some hapless employee does not make hardware appear out of thin air.
I was a little steamed at this point...not due to the lack of a DS, but that they've had them in for a few days now, and no one called to save me the trip or otherwise alert me that I'd need to look elsewhere. No matter, I walked into the nearby Target and bought one off the shelf. Sheer luck mind you, as the remaining four units were purchased within the same minute.
When I returned to EB for a refund, I was sure I could see dread in their eyes at having to deal with an irate customer who was thirsty for vengance.
I simply stated I'd found one elsewhere and that it was quite a scene.
I recevied my money back and left.
I have a DS and they didn't get screamed at. Happy holidays. O:)

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']so they got 8 units in? how many pre-orders do you think they had? probably more than 8 is my guess. that just means 8 people picked theirs up and you didn't get to it in time.[/quote]

they actually only took 5 pre-orders and I was one of those 5 they must have sold mine and the the others on a first come first serve basis

I fell bad for you guys. My gamerush showed me my DS saturday night Had my name on it, both of them I was not impressed with the games he showed me. I'm not sure if I still want them.
Holla at me if you can't pick up one. I don't want any profit.

that that is bad one local store took a dump on all the preorders and sold them first come first gets them.. I had Mario pre ordered there and people were screaming they store sold their preorders out. The dude behind the counter was like o well tooo bad. I was told i might get a mario sometime in dec ...

I live in Lansing.

I had some gamerush credit and wanted to support gamerush..

So a buddy and me preordered at a Gamerush in Grand Rapids at least an hour or more away.

Drove there on Sunday to find out that none shipped.

What a Joke.

I got pissed and my friend ended up getting the display one that was still sealed (since they hadnt put it up yet)

I then drove around auntil I found one..

Gamerush wants to compete but every Gamerush in Grand Rapids didnt get their shipment in time...

Thats a joke when Walmart and Target can get in Ds's and Gamerush ( a game store) cant.

Pathetic.

I find it silly when people bitch and moan about a 1 day delay....sheesh. Also, CALL FIRST before you drive an hour...that is just common sense.

[quote name='doubledown']I find it silly when people bitch and moan about a 1 day delay....sheesh. Also, CALL FIRST before you drive an hour...that is just common sense.[/quote]

Well considering I had talked to the gamerush worker this past friday and he said that they had more preorders than systems coming. He suggested I be there at open.

So I can wait until 10 am when they open call to see if they have them then drive the hour...hoping they hadnt sold out.

Or I can go off the assumption that indeed they are a gamestore and that like everyone else they will get them in and be there at open so I dont miss a preorder (that was paid in full mind you)

I am not totally dumb.

[quote name='murcielago77']seriously, also dude its BB what do you expect?[/quote]

Exactly. I preordered a handful of games from BB. I received most of them except Metroid Prime 2, which is still in shipping hell. Do I care? Not really, if I wanted it on time I would've bought it from EB/GameStop. I had $160 of BB credit from the DVD tradein and I knew what I was getting. On the flipside, jackass BB manager Dave gets to hear my lovely voice every day asking if the game is in yet...

I have mine preordered from Gamerush too, but I'm not going to be able to pick mine up until Wednesday. They also told me they'd hang on to my preorder for a month. I thought that was kinda cool that they'd hold for so long for me.

I just hope I'll be able to find a copy of Mario 64 DS around somewhere.

Store directors will sometimes go to the warehouses (if they are near one) to pick up shipments, if the game or system is really really huge.

Too bad most of them are fucking cunts.

bread's done
Back