Preorders at EBgames Ontario, No tax?

will52

CAGiversary!
So I went today to trade in a couple games, wanted to pay for Final Fantasy XIII in full. The trade in value was $80 and I got $15.01 back on a gift card. Therefore that means I only paid 64.99 for the game, no tax.

Does anyone know how or why this is possible (no speculations please)?

Does this only occur when: You preorder and pay in full, or you trade and pay in full? Or can you preorder and put $5 down and still get this deal?

Doesn't matter too much, just curious.

[quote name='will52']So I went today to trade in a couple games, wanted to pay for Final Fantasy XIII in full. The trade in value was $80 and I got $15.01 back on a gift card. Therefore that means I only paid 64.99 for the game, no tax.

Does anyone know how or why this is possible (no speculations please)?

Does this only occur when: You preorder and pay in full, or you trade and pay in full? Or can you preorder and put $5 down and still get this deal?

Doesn't matter too much, just curious.[/QUOTE]

If you use only trade in credit at most EB/BBV's to get a game you usually don't pay tax. If you use partial credit and cash, you do pay tax.

gsrce, your partially right

Any credit that comes from trades is non-taxed. So say you trade in 15$ worth on a 69.99 game, that game will now be 54.99 plus tax. So the money is applied befor tax, understand?

[quote name='T.a.g']gsrce, your partially right

Any credit that comes from trades is non-taxed. So say you trade in 15$ worth on a 69.99 game, that game will now be 54.99 plus tax. So the money is applied befor tax, understand?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you didn't understand, that's exactly what I said, lol.

If you buy a $59.99 game and you have $100 in credit you essentially pay no tax.

If you buy a $59.99 game and use $20 in credit you would pay $39.99 plus tax.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Sucks that other stores charge tax on credit, like Futureshop for example.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster definitely does on blu-ray trade ins.

bread's done
Back