Preorders for PS3?

mofo1115

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I was in my local EB and I asked them about PS3 preorders (was curious).

The manager mentioned that he wasn't going to do preorders so that he doesn't have to deal with the fiasco he had with xbox 360.

I hope other places will.

Yeah, I don't think he has a choice in the matter. I wonder if Sony learned anything from Microsoft? Think they'll have even close to the amount people pre order. It would be nice if they just filled preorders on launch day. That way, the people that have jobs and families will be able to get a launch system sometime this year.

Yeah, I really hope they don't preorder 50 and then say, "oh well, we are only filling 12, but you'll get yours sometime on second third fourth shipment..." bastards! I want to be in the top ten wherever I go.

I hope they start soon. I'll probably be ebaying it though. With the money I make, I'll probably buy one once they work out the bugs.

I am on the call list at Gamestop for when they start...I wonder why they havent started yet...

I do hope that Sony is smart like they were with the PSP and they put out enough so that anyone who wants one can get one at launch.

[quote name='whoknows']I am on the call list at Gamestop for when they start...I wonder why they havent started yet...

I do hope that Sony is smart like they were with the PSP and they put out enough so that anyone who wants one can get one at launch.[/quote]

If Sony only ships a million during their worldwide launch (as reported by sony) the PS3 will be pretty much impossible to get without preordering/camping outside of a store.

[quote name='aaa']If Sony only ships a million during their worldwide launch (as reported by sony) the PS3 will be pretty much impossible to get without preordering/camping outside of a store.[/QUOTE]
They said a million per month and per region.

I hate to ask but does pre-ordering a system really matter? I know a lot of people were upset that EB/Gamestop/Gamecrazy etc. were not getting enough systems to preorder. I always was under the impression that preorders don't make a bell ring at Sony and someone tells them they need to send more out to certain areas or certain stores. That places like EB or Gamestop really don't know how many systems they will be getting in and take pre-orders to however wants to risk waiting. Seems like the only people who get their system preorders are the first 5-8 people on those lists. I always thought pre-orders were just some company ploy to make district managers brag about the business they are getting in their stores. So what I'm asking is does pre-ordering a system really help a certain store get more systems or is it just a crapshoot and stores hope they get more systems than pre-orders?

thanks.

Well on ps3today they say toys are us was starting preorders including the 60 gb hard drive two games and controller

oh yeah eb and gamestop left thousands on people for hold for months for xbox360 orders they flat out stole and sold systems they knew they wernt getting and kept doing it up till launch day im gonna call them and ask if there taking ps3 orders! :roll:

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']Well on ps3today they say toys are us was starting preorders including the 60 gb hard drive two games and controller[/QUOTE]

yea, it looks like TRU Canada are the only TRU's that are doing this. I got into an arguement with a customer today because he thought all TRU stores were doing it and apparently on the reserve ticket, he can't tell the difference between French and Spanish.

I wish sites like that would be more clear with their information. makes my job a whole lot easier.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They said a million per month and per region.[/QUOTE]
Considering there still starting over with the controller and working the bugs out do you think they will have enough time to build one million per region? I think there will be a shortage as well. Get your ebay account ready.

Apparently Toys'r'Us are accepting preorders for the Next Gen console, the PS3. The preorder is valued at $50 and will include the console, 60GB HDD, 2 games of your choice, and an extra controller.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dairy Queen is offering a PlayStation 3, among other things, as one of its prizes in their current Blizzard promotion. You will receive codes from 12 oz, 16 oz, and 21 oz Blizzards. After receiving a code, you can play a game on this website. You will then play a Flash Scratch & Win game.
The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are over the age of 13.
Also, if you're interested in reserving a PS3, this site(, PS3Preorders.com) will be your savior. Not only does it have a real-time display of every site offering the PS3 along with the price and availability, you can also setup RSS feeds and E-mail notifications whenever new opportunities become available.

[quote name='chaplinangel']Apparently Toys'r'Us are accepting preorders for the Next Gen console, the PS3. The preorder is valued at $50 and will include the console, 60GB HDD, 2 games of your choice, and an extra controller. [/QUOTE]

check 3 posts up, it's TRU Canada only as of now.

[quote name='chaplinangel']Well what did I say?[/QUOTE]

well you mentioned TRU, but didn't mention that it was only true for TRU Canada. Thought I might clear that up, no need to get touchy.

Kinda want to preorder one...but I think I'll hold off until the first price drop. (Yes, I will be waiting a while...)

Looks like Rev will be the only console I get at launch this time.

[quote name='asianxcore']well you mentioned TRU, but didn't mention that it was only true for TRU Canada. Thought I might clear that up, no need to get touchy.[/quote] Oh that yeah I forgot, thanks for mentioning.
;)

[quote name='rallen']Just put your first-born child down as a small down-payment on the system.

I'm saying this as I expect the cost of a blu-ray to be astro-fucking-nomical.

Movies for $39.99? players for $999? http://www.blu-ray.com/[/quote]

I saw a blu-ray player for preorder for $500 i think it was made by samsung

[quote name='Ivanhoe']it will most likely be after E3 which is what may 9th?

that is when i expect pre orders to start.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's the day of the press conferences. Too bad I'm flying out to L.A. that day. I don't think my local gamestop will be taking pre-orders over the phone. Gonna have to come up with another alternative.

I cannot believe SRP on Blu-Ray movies are $39.99 for some...that is just nuts. I wonder what PS3 games will cost...$59.99 at the least like the 360.

Went to EB, Software Etc and ToysRus today. None of them taking pre-orders here not even a list. Sigh, this is going to be tough. For PS2 and cube I was able to preorder these 9 months before release and get in on top ten units. Sure helped as being disabled I cant get out as much nor wait in line for two days in Fall.

[quote name='doubledown']I cannot believe SRP on Blu-Ray movies are $39.99 for some...that is just nuts. I wonder what PS3 games will cost...$59.99 at the least like the 360.[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately I think the days of $50 games (at launch) are numbered.

Wow. I always wait a year for the price to come down on a new system, and for the game designers to get enough of a feel for it that the games on it aren't identical (only prettier) to the games on the older system... pre-ordering is like a different galaxy to me... alien... odd. I guess we all have our priorities.

Oh yeah, and if you put money down on a system and don't get one on launch day, do you get the money back? I've never pre-ordered before, so any tips would be great.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']What if you preorder, then just decide you don't want one before the launch? Could you get your money back then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be illegal for a store to keep your money.

It was $100 on 360 pre-orders at GAMERUSH.

I went to FYE yesterday to preorder, but the manager said for the 360 they only received 2 of the 4 the store ordered and the rest were recalled. I asked the manager where I would be on the PS3 preorder list and she told me #19. It didn't sound like a sure thing to me, so I decided I'd just preorder after E3 at gamestop.

[quote name='Stuka']Why not then? $50 ain't that much money and even if you decide you don't want it, eBay that shit.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I'm doing. Once GS starts preorders I'm going to put $50 and still buy it at launch, and if I decide I dont want it then I will put it up on ebay.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']can you just go and camp out at a best buy or somthing or do you have to preorder?[/quote]
Of course you can. Just make sure you get there early, and know how many units (the retailer you plan on waiting at) they are going to receive on launch day; then calculate your chances from there by comparing with the other retailers' stock in your immediate area. Make sure you talk to an employee (preferably a manager) that actually knows what they're talking about though. But to be safe, just pre-order it. I'd rather pre-order the PS3 now instead of waiting in line for 14 hours + for the store to open up for business that day:bomb:; but that's just me.

Though it's entirely up to you:hot:.

I know a site that is taking pre-orders now. They are Easy Game Store, i bought my PSP from them, they have very good customer service. The 20GB is $89.98 and the 60GB is $143.98. I've heard that they have limited pre-orders so those who get in now will get from first delivery. No restrictions either.

http://www.easygamestore.com

bread's done
Back