PREOWNED PSP @ Gamestop $199

That's actually a very good deal. Usually, a used system is only $20-$30 cheaper than a new one.

I can't go to the link, but do you just get the PSP, or do you get the Value Pack with it?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']That's actually a very good deal. Usually, a used system is only $20-$30 cheaper than a new one.

I can't go to the link, but do you just get the PSP, or do you get the Value Pack with it?[/QUOTE]

There are two PSP's... one comes with a free "micro kit", the other just has an AC adapter.

Same price for either, though.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I can't go to the link, but do you just get the PSP, or do you get the Value Pack with it?[/QUOTE]

There appears to be 2 options listed. One is just the system and the AC adapter (which is what you'd probably find B&M as well). The other is what I just mentioned plus some Mad Catz value pack thing-a-mo that looks to include some headphones, a case for the system, and some UMD cases.

I was talking to the good folks at my local GameStop and they were telling me they get LOTS of PSPs traded in. I was shocked and asked why.

The biggest reason it seems it that people who purchased them aren't mobile gamers. They got one cause they have a PS2 and they followed the massive amount of hype behind the launch. In truth, they ended up playing on their PS2 more than the PSP and can't justify having a useless system around.

I was totally flabbergasted.

The clerk also told me that one guy traded in his system cause he needed to pay his bills. :)

Terrific catch! I'm inclined to use the zip search and find one locally. That way, you can check the unit for defects (bad pixels, etc.) and see exactly what you're getting. I'm a little worried they might be reselling units that others returned due to defects.

Luckily, I'll be in Ann Arbor and Flint this weekend, and both cities have stores that supposedly have them in stock. I'll definitely check them out.

-DM

[quote name='Kamalot']I was talking to the good folks at my local GameStop and they were telling me they get LOTS of PSPs traded in. I was shocked and asked why.

The biggest reason it seems it that people who purchased them aren't mobile gamers. They got one cause they have a PS2 and they followed the massive amount of hype behind the launch. In truth, they ended up playing on their PS2 more than the PSP and can't justify having a useless system around.

The clerk also told me that one guy traded in his system cause he needed to pay his bills. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my store gets plenty of PSPs in. The "need to pay bills" line is the one heard most often actually. In fact, I got my DS for $70 thanks to a co-worker who was in desperate need of rent money. :lol:

[quote name='Kamalot']I was talking to the good folks at my local GameStop and they were telling me they get LOTS of PSPs traded in. I was shocked and asked why.

The clerk also told me that one guy traded in his system cause he needed to pay his bills. :)[/QUOTE]

People are such dumbasses. If you aren't going to play it then why buy it? Also, if you sell it to pay bills why the fuk did you buy it in the first place because you obviously can't afford it.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Are you guys on crack or something? That's a horrible price for a used system that comes with virtually none of the features of the original package.[/QUOTE]

so true, especially if they release a system only package later this year.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Are you guys on crack or something? That's a horrible price for a used system that comes with virtually none of the features of the original package.[/QUOTE]

I said it was a great price because I thought it came with the Value Pack.

[quote name='javeryh']People are such dumbasses. If you aren't going to play it then why buy it? Also, if you sell it to pay bills why the fuk did you buy it in the first place because you obviously can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

You give people too much credit. People are impusive, and buy way too much shit they don't really need with money that they DO really need (myself included). It's the only way that places like GameStop stay in business. If people only bought what they could afford and/or sold their unwanted items elsewhere for markedly more than what GameStop offers them, GS and every other resell store would tank.

[quote name='maxflight']so true, especially if they release a system only package later this year.[/QUOTE]

Then guess what? They will just have to drop the used price to about $175. Which means just wait for the system only new ones to come out before buying used.

It isn't surprising to me that so many people are trading these in because too many people buy systems because of hype.

GameRush also sells used PSP's for $199. I've even seen some in the original box with all the value pack stuff including the Spider-Man UMD.

How many people do you know would actually have everything that orignially came with the system like this? But you are right it doesn't make sense to me to buy it used at this price.

[quote name='shipwreck']GameRush also sells used PSP's for $199. I've even seen some in the original box with all the value pack stuff including the Spider-Man UMD.[/QUOTE]

Because Gamestop is just trying to make a fast buck they don't care about the value pack.

[quote name='shipwreck']I've even seen some in the original box with all the value pack stuff including the Spider-Man UMD.[/QUOTE]

Now that one I would buy!!!

I got one at my local B+M Gamestop for $199. It came with everything except the sampler disc + 32mb mem. card. However, I fall into the same category above...you can't really demo a PSP, so I played with it, wasn't that impressed, pulled up the release calendar, and returned it. It's a cool toy, but if you're an adult with a car, there's not much time to play it. Hard to justify staring at a 4-inch screen to play games when there's a blank 76-inch one in front of you.

all I have to say is if you buy a preowned PSP with just the AC Adapter that's a rip since your pretty much paying the same price for just a standalone PSP. Too bad you don't get a used valuepack that comes with mem stick for 199.99

[quote name='javeryh']People are such dumbasses. If you aren't going to play it then why buy it? Also, if you sell it to pay bills why the fuk did you buy it in the first place because you obviously can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

cause they buy it when they have free money. then something comes up and there are honest people who don't go to the local quickie mart and rob it to pay for the unexpected hospital bill. so they sell there worldly possession to make up for the lack of funds.

on another note,
CAG is on fire, :hot: every post I have read tonight at least 3 people are flaming the OP in a post. not talking about javeryh. but in general that is what like seems like to me.

[quote name='Graystone']cause they buy it when they have free money. then something comes up and there are honest people who don't go to the local quickie mart and rob it to pay for the unexpected hospital bill. so they sell there worldly possession to make up for the lack of funds.

on another note,
CAG is on fire, :hot: every post I have read tonight at least 3 people are flaming the OP in a post. not talking about javeryh. but in general that is what like seems like to me.[/QUOTE]

Well last I checked GS was giving more in Credit then cash, so why would people bother trading in for credit? Obviously they were dissapointed in the PSP in general, don't appreciate handheld gaming, and/or saw some sweet console titles that they would have rather had then the PSP.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']all I have to say is if you buy a preowned PSP with just the AC Adapter that's a rip since your pretty much paying the same price for just a standalone PSP. Too bad you don't get a used valuepack that comes with mem stick for 199.99[/QUOTE]

Not really, although you better off getting a system new with your discount and the ability to exchange/return the PSP over and over till you get a system with little to no dead pixels (Wal-Mart). The 32 memory card is crap, and you'll be finding yourself buying a 256 or higher asap. The headphone adaptor isn't a must unless you plan on constantly listening to MP3s or watching movies, everything else is "bleh", with the exception of the carry case. For $199.99 your saving yourself $50 towards a better memory card atleast, and obviously PSPs are alot easier to find now.

my local gamestop has 4 used system in stock... all of them are pretty much complete is what the rep told me... might be a few items missing from the value package...

bread's done
Back