Preowned system markdowns at EB

Shivanhaven

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this was listed yet or whatever, but We got the go ahead for a markdown of all preowned Xbox , PS2, and PS2 Slim systems to $99.99. The Gamecube is back down to its former selling price of $59.99. I think I smell a new system markdown soon. I'm in the North GA/Tennessee region of the company if that helps incase the markdown wasn't company wide.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Well technically, you already do work for them ;)[/QUOTE]

actually those who work for EB technally dont work for gamestop, they did not buy EB, Barnes and Noble bought EB, just like they bought gamestop/funco land years ago. DUH!!!

lol:bouncy:

also the systems are all marked down in Wisconsin, i picked up a ps2 slim today. Looks brand new!

Actually those that work for EB will work for Gamestop (not Barnes and Noble since Barnes and Noble made Gamestop a seperate company a few years back...although Barnes and Noble is where Gamestop got the financial backing for becoming the parent company in the merger between them and EB) but they don't work for them yet and won't start working for them until the middle of October at the earliest, and even then there won't be any real changes to anything at either store (aside from running promotions such as PO buy 2 get 1 free and trying to start syncing prices) until around Feb. next year most likely.

These pre owned drops happened for gamestop last week.. and gamecube has been 59.99 used at gamestop for like 1-2 months now..

And refurbs at gamestop are 99.99 too for ps2/xbox

i gazed into my crystal ball and i see alot of new corporate EB meat being added to the unemployment line (how many purchasers does a company really need; i mean really)

The PO Gamecubes were $59.99 at EB for like the past 3 months or so, then at the start of this month they went back up to $69.99 for some reason. Also PS2s and XBOXs are now $65 in store credit to trade in from what I'm hearing.

You guys must have terrible smell, because there is no markdown for new systems anytime soon. In fact, the Xbox is going up! There is going to be an Xbox bundle this year with Forza. The price? $179.99!

Bundle deals don't really increase system price...it's a bundle with extra stuff. You're right though, the new system prices won't go down anytime soon. If they do it'll only be to like $125 or so most likely. MS has already said they don't expect to drop the price of the XBOX much if at all anytime soon because they feel like there are still going to be people buying them even after the 360 comes out.

[quote name='Level Jumper']Bundle deals don't really increase system price...it's a bundle with extra stuff. You're right though, the new system prices won't go down anytime soon. If they do it'll only be to like $125 or so most likely. MS has already said they don't expect to drop the price of the XBOX much if at all anytime soon because they feel like there are still going to be people buying them even after the 360 comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yes but I think the point is that MS won't reduce the price. Store may clearance what little stock they have left out but that will cost the stores money not MS.

Now Sony on the other hand needs to drop the price of the PsTwo to $99.99

[quote name='sanfeng']for those who have bought PO system from EB, does it come with original box or just the system?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how it's traded in. If it's traded in WITH the box and paperwork, we'll resell it that way. If not, we box it up in our own boxes.

[quote name='ne2eire']Give me another price drop on the Xbox so I can mod one for xvid/divx/tv shows[/QUOTE]

I might try this with one once I can get another one for cheap.

I overheard an EB employee say that the pre-owned price for a Ps2 Slim is $139.99; a whopping $10 less that a brand new one. I find it hard to believe anyone bought it at that price, and if it was that price, that it will lower to $100.

[quote name='Trakan']I overheard an EB employee say that the pre-owned price for a Ps2 Slim is $139.99; a whopping $10 less that a brand new one. I find it hard to believe anyone bought it at that price, and if it was that price, that it will lower to $100.[/QUOTE]

He better check the daily emails. The PS2 slims were $139.99 and yes, they actually did sell at that price. Either way, the slim PS2's and the older big ones are both $99.99. If anyone tells you different they have no idea what is going on.

Keep in mind though, these are temporary price drops. It's unclear how long the sale will last.

[quote name='Demontooth']Is it worth it to buy one of the PS2s? Are they generally in good shape? Do they have a decent warranty?[/QUOTE]

as long as the case hasn't been opened you can send it back to sony for whatever repairs you need to have done to it. .. I got my slim PS2 at a pawn shop for 130 plus 4 games and a memory card and it was like brand new.. but yeah who knows if its worth it for you or not.. depends on how much you would play it.

bread's done
Back