Prepaid Cell Phone Deals?

phreak5k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
After several years at T-Mobile I've decided to go the prepaid route for my cell phone. I just don't use it enough to justify the $40 a month and need a replacement. I've looked into T-Mobile's plan and it seems that you have to pay $1 a day for service which is rediculous to me. This doesn't even include minutes or matter whether you use your phone or not.

Does anyone use any prepaid services? I'm in the Chicago area so coverage shouldn't be a problem for me. Thanks.

[quote name='phreak5k']After several years at T-Mobile I've decided to go the prepaid route for my cell phone. I just don't use it enough to justify the $40 a month and need a replacement. I've looked into T-Mobile's plan and it seems that you have to pay $1 a day for service which is rediculous to me. This doesn't even include minutes or matter whether you use your phone or not.

Does anyone use any prepaid services? I'm in the Chicago area so coverage shouldn't be a problem for me. Thanks.[/quote]

I myself use Tracfone myself and am very happy with it. After the initial purchase of the phone at Wal*Mart, I opted into a $15 a month Double Minute plan which comes with 30 minutes each month. Any phone cards that I buy are doubled. I've been buying those also at Wal*Mart and a 240 minute card (which is doubled to 480 + 30 extra minutes per month) usually last me about 3 - 4 months.

There are other plans out there (which can be seen at Tracfone.com) plus you get additional time codes when you buy your phone which can be stacked onto any airtime card that you buy.

Customer service is pretty good but if you need them during a holiday period, expect long hold times.

Additional time cards are sold just about everywhere as well.

If you need more info, just contact me.

I know how to get you a Sprint plan for $30 a month that comes with:

500 minutes
Free internet browsing

among other things.

However you do have to sign a 2 year agreement. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='RyanFrost']I know how to get you a Sprint plan for $30 a month that comes with:

500 minutes
Free internet browsing

among other things.

However you do have to sign a 2 year agreement. PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

Thanks anyway. I'm not looking for any kind of contract or monthly plans. I just do not use my cell nearly enough but would still like to have it when I'm away from the house and for emergencies.

I use Virgin mobile (www.virginmobileusa.com). I am really happy with it. I got a K10 in January, and if you buy $20 airtime, the phone is free. It seems very easy to switch phones if you want etc. You have to add time every 90 days to keep service going, which is the cheapest way to go I've found.
If you set up to add money automatically every 90 days or whenever you run low on pre-paid time you can pay $15 every 90 days. I'm also very happy with the service.

If you have any questions PM me. If you try them, I'll give you my phone number to enter as a referal if you're willing (I think I get like $1 worth of airtime or something...).

Overall though, very very pleased for the price. No problems with calling, and it's about $60 per year.

Good luck with the search!

bread's done
Back