Pretty awesome find for five bucks!

assasin4hire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So a few days ago I walked in a gamestop to just look around not expecting to buy anything at all. Right when i'm leaving a couple walks in and is trading in a whole bunch of ps2 RPG's as well as having a stack of PS1 games. I look at the games to find that they where final fantasy 7(black label), final fantasy tactics(Black label) two copies of final fantasy 8, final fantasy 9, and the strat guides for all of them. So i decide to take a longshot and offer em five bucks for the lot and they take it. Considering all the discs are mint and they all have manuals.... i'd say it was a prety good deal.

A person who owns two copies of Final Fantasy VIII doesn't sound like a person who wouldn't know what those games are worth.

[quote name='SuperhumanChichi']....you're kidding right? No way they'd sell all that for $5[/quote]

I have had similar experiences, some people just want to get rid of stuff, and if someone has a $5 in their pocket the people will take it.

P.S. Alot of the people that have a copy of FFVII got it back before advent children came out and they were a dime a dozen, at least in my area, I know Game Stop was only giving about $2 TIV for them.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Fake. Provide pictures, or close topic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on the slim chance any GS still had any of those I'm sure the employee behind the counter would be "unable" to find the discs for those games.

[quote name='rainking187']Yeah, on the slim chance any GS still had any of those I'm sure the employee behind the counter would be "unable" to find the discs for those games.[/quote] GS wasn't selling those games...

If it is true, it's kind of a lame move to offer him $5 for it...go for at least $20

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jousley']If it is true, it's kind of a lame move to offer him $5 for it...go for at least $20[/quote]

You've obviously never been in the Yard Sale thread, have you, where cash in face offers are usually horrible lowball garbage that you think most rational people would NEVER take. Yet, week after week you see people posting scores they got for under $10.:whistle2:#

Some people are just desperate to sell their stuff for whatever they can get for it and won't put out any research to find out if it's worth something before selling it for a pittance. :roll::roll::cry:

Now, if you tried wresting those same games from those scores from the people who lowballed the original owners out of them, be prepared to pay a PREMIUM. :whistle2:#:whistle2:#

Honestly guys, why are you hassling him for pics? That's definitely believable.
Say the couple had a ps1 when it came out, and then no longer played it, they were probably just happy to get rid of it. There are no gamestops around here, but maybe they just give in store credit. People who bring those games to trade in obviously don't know the value, or care. They're probably happy with their $5.

I'll provide pics in a little bit. I was actually pretty shocked myself when I bought it off them because I offered them five bucks a peice and the guy said he's sell the lot for 5 bucks in total. Now I have to go off and make a photobucket.

What does the picture prove? I own all those games; I could take a picture of them right now and put it online. Doesn't I mean I paid $5 for them.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What does the picture prove? I own all those games; I could take a picture of them right now and put it online. Doesn't I mean I paid $5 for them.[/quote]
Why would he go through all that trouble?
It's not that unbelievable of a deal.

Does it matter whether or not he is telling the truth? If he is, he got a rare opportunity to get some great games extremely cheap. If not, then he doesn't have the games. Not like its the end of the world or anything.

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']Why would he go through all that trouble?
It's not that unbelievable of a deal.[/quote]I don't know/care if it's true or not, I just don't get the "pics or it didn't happen" thing. If someone's going to lie about a deal anyway, why wouldn't they lie about a picture too.

[quote name='mer71']Pics........thats all I can say.[/quote]

[quote name='assasin4hire']I'll provide pics in a little bit. I was actually pretty shocked myself when I bought it off them because I offered them five bucks a peice and the guy said he's sell the lot for 5 bucks in total. Now I have to go off and make a photobucket.[/quote]

You said you offered them 5 bucks total not per piece.

Why in the hell would someone offer to sell it to you for cheaper than you offered? ;)

[quote name='Layziebones']You said you offered them 5 bucks total not per piece.

Why in the hell would someone offer to sell it to you for cheaper than you offered? ;)[/quote]

I had someone do that to me on a box of genesis games. There were 20. I was gonna give her 2 bucks each and she told me to take the box for 10. Sold that off at my recent sale along with my SNES. But I completely believe his story at least until he actually is proven fake.

[quote name='Layziebones']You said you offered them 5 bucks total not per piece.

Why in the hell would someone offer to sell it to you for cheaper than you offered? ;)[/quote]
There's a lot of nice people in this world.

When I worked at Gamestop, someone came in with import Saturn stuff. We couldn't take any of it, but I low-balled on Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Saturn Version) and X-Men vs. Street Fighter (w/ RAM cart).

I got all 3 for 9 dollars.

I believe him. I recently purchased FF Origins, FF Chronicles, FF Anthology, FFVIII, and FFIX all at once about a month ago. I was saying to myself, "Damn, if I could only get my hands on a FFVII to complete my set I would be straight. Well not even a week later I walk into a Gamestop and I see a friend of mine walking out with a copy of FFVII in hand. Well, a customer had just left the store trading in some games and they would not take the PS1 games back, so he GIVES the game to the guy behind the counter and in turn, he gives it to the friend that I first mentioned. I came in at the right time. I made him an offer and he said "Here, I have 2 copies at home, you can have it." That's right, FREE! My sowing caught up to me. You see that month I had been finding games for some friends and some of the people at Gamestop that they had trouble locating. Thank you Lord, he answered my prayer.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If someone's going to lie about a deal anyway, why wouldn't they lie about a picture too.[/quote]

because oftentimes the person in question doesn't own the items at all. at least posting a pic gives some credibility to their story. and personally, i feel that if someone's going to post a "score", they should at least snap a pic or two and offer folks something more to look at than text.

it's not mandatory; it just makes things a little more tangible and interesting.

[quote name='PaddyTheChump'][quote name='Layziebones']You said you offered them 5 bucks total not per piece.

Why in the hell would someone offer to sell it to you for cheaper than you offered? ;)[/QUOTE]
There's a lot of nice people in this world.[/QUOTE]

There's more lazy people- he may not have wanted to take the time figure out how much $5 apiece was.

(I'm a still a little skeptical... you'd think he's at least say $10 for everything. But then again, I believe people are capable of incredible levels of stupidity, so it's hardly impossible. :lol:)

one time i walked into a gamestop, and one of the workers offered to give me a mental drubbing of intense game knowledge and nerdiness.. for free!

incredible offer, but i had to turn it down.

If you walk into a store with 5 games and 4 or 5 strategy guides, and someone offers you about 50 cent for each item would you really sell it to them?

theres your answer.

You're inthe store so why not find out the value the store will give you before trading a tank of gas for a bunch of games and guides you suddenly found in your kids room.

[quote name='dizz.lee']one time i walked into a gamestop, and one of the workers offered to give me a mental drubbing of intense game knowledge and nerdiness.. for free!

incredible offer, but i had to turn it down.[/quote]

Ha Ha, ya. then the guy started to hit on me so i have never been back to that store!!

I hate how 90% of people that run game stores think that because they sell stuff they know all about it.

Threads like these attract more trolls. You guys are so fucking jaded about "OMG IT DIDN'T HAPPEN TO ME THEREFORE ITS LIE" that it's pathetic. The guy got a good deal, don't hate him for it. He's sharing what happens, and I really doubt he cares whether or not you believe him. I picked up a Dreamcast for $10 once with 20 games, is it really that outrageous? No, people just want to get rid of it, and they'll take whatever they can get for it.

Good job, OP. Go for the reseale value. ;D

[quote name='mitch079']Must have been a bunch of crack addicts who stole their sons collection.[/QUOTE]

Emo suicide leftovers .

[quote name='jaysapathy']...I really doubt he cares whether or not you believe him...[/quote]

then why even post? just to hit the keys?

I believe him. Some people don't know what they have.

I once bought Saiyuki: Journey West, Vampire Hunter D, Xenogears, FF7, FF8, Parasite Eve, Saga Frontier II, Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon, all mint/complete, for $15 total off a person. And yeah, I kept them for my collection.

[quote name='Scorch']I believe him. Some people don't know what they have.[/quote]

the fact that the guy was trying to sell the games to GS/EB proves that point!

ultimately his story is believable if for no other reason than the fact that GS likely wouldn't have given him more than five dollars for everything anyway. considering he was willing to sell them at that price, the OP likely could have sold him a punch in the stomach for 3 bucks.

[quote name='allyourblood']the fact that the guy was trying to sell the games to GS/EB proves that point!

ultimately his story is believable if for no other reason than the fact that GS likely wouldn't have given him more than five dollars for everything anyway. considering he was willing to sell them at that price, the OP likely could have sold him a punch in the stomach for 3 bucks.[/quote]

You stink of jealousy. :D

[quote name='jaysapathy']You stink of jealousy. :D[/quote]

naw.. i've never been a FF/RPG kinda guy. now, if it were a Turbo Grafx with 20 games for 5 bucks, then i'd be a little green. ;)

bread's done
Back