Previous Gen Games 75% Off Games at FYE YMMV

dvdguy

CAGiversary!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Just came from FYE where they had all their original Xbox games marked 75% off. Picked up 22 games for less than $70. It didn't seem like a local deal, as several bins around the store had preprinted 75% off signs posted on them.

One of the games I got, 50 Cent: Bulletproof actually has a current $5 off mail in rebate on it. I only paid $2.50 for it, so in the end they'll be paying me $2.50 to take it from them.

Here's a list of what I picked up, all for Xbox:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Total Overdose
Advent Rising
Stolen
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax
Mafia
Trigger Man
True Crime: New York City
Painkiller: Hell Wars
Dead to Rights II
Rogue Ops
Project Snowblind
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Rogue Trooper
BeatDown: Fists of Vengeance
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
Run Like Hell
The Warriors
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Voodoo Vince
Galleon
Fight Club
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath

There were a handful of GBA and Gamecube games in the bin, but it was mostly Xbox.
[/FONT]

op you got very lucky. i just came back from FYE and everything was gone except a few games that were mixed in with ps2 games. i did ok though..

The Hobbit - $2.50
Karaoke Revolution Gamecube x2 - $2.50!!!

ive definitely made out amazing on this deal now

GC
spyro-hero's tail 4.50
viewtiful joe 2.25
bloodrayne 2.25
p.n. 03 2.25
dead to rights 1.78
x2 wolverines revenge 2.25
rogue ops 2.25
dark summit 2.25
star fox assault 2.25
XIII 2.25
wreckless 2.25

GBA
warioware inc 6.75

This deal kind of makes me wish the Gamestop 10/20/30% trade in bonus deal was still going on, since I routinely saw multiple copies of the more high trade value games at the two local FYE stores that still stock last gen stuff.

[quote name='slowdive21']aaarrgghhh! I was just by a huge FYE yesterday...I knew I should have stopped there.[/quote]

If you're looking for anything besides umpteen sports games or Fiddy Cent Bulletproof, chances are you're SOL by now since the hoarders/reseller have probably nailed every store for the 'rare' and better titles.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Checked the FYE in Crossgates mall -- 75% off, but the selection consisted of terrible XBox games. I did manage to pick up Geist for $2.50, though.[/quote]

Geist is not what I'd consider a high quality game. ;)

Geist had its moments and was a bit of a unique title for its time, but it got boring after a while.

Now, Psi-Ops or Second Sight, THOSE games were FUN.

I played nothing but the training mode on Psi-Ops for 5 months straight, since chucking enemies against the wall or setting them on fire with your mind never seemed to get old or boring.

At the FYE in Branford, CT I snagged:

Xbox:
GunValkyrie $5
Red Dead Revolver $5

GameCube:
Baiten Kaitos Origins $5
I-Ninja $2.50

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but in Nashville the only games that were 75% off were new. Based on what some people are saying, I have a feeling that this is nationwide. Nothing good here.

Red Dead Revolver for $5 is a STEAL. That game is one of the better ones for PS2 and Xbox. If you want to try another game like it, try to find a copy of GUN for Xbox.

The guy who played The Punisher(Thomas Jane) in the last Punisher movie(before War Zone) played the lead, followed by Kris Kristofferson, Lance Henriksen and Ron Perlman.

Both games were great, but Gun really allowed you to roam the wide open plains and gave you some interesting things to do in those wide open spaces.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean Spyro, right? As has been said though, I believe the 75% is on NEW games and not used though. Although, from the signage I saw at the Stroud Mall about 3-4 weeks ago, it was on ALL prior gen stuff(excluding PS2, of course).[/quote]

LOL yes that's the one. It was coming up as 40. The box looked shrink wrapped slapped with a NEW sticker on it.

Unfreaking believable.

oh well.

went to another fye. they had 2 new gamecube games

metroid prime 2 - $49 scanned at $49
zelda twilight princess - $49 scanned at $49

i asked why weren't they part of the deal, they had no idea. they tell me the markdowns are shown when they scan them at the register. how lame. im gonna go to another one tomorrow.

They should have manually marked it down, when I bought Mario Power Tennis for GBA, they had a Mario and Luigi sticker on it that scanned at full price. I wasn't sure if $34.99 was the correct original price or not for Mario Tennis but they manually adjusted it to $8.75.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They should have manually marked it down, when I bought Mario Power Tennis for GBA, they had a Mario and Luigi sticker on it that scanned at full price. I wasn't sure if $34.99 was the correct original price or not for Mario Tennis but they manually adjusted it to $8.75.[/quote]im hoping of coming back next week. but the problem is, they had signs that says 50% off only. not 75%^. so even if i tried getting them, they would only give em to me for $25 each. the 2 FYEs i went to had those 50% signs.

Just picked up a few GC games tonight and they scanned the front sticker full price , flipped and scanned the back bar code 75% discounts pops up . Just a heads up .

I wish they would include PS2 games, my FYE has so many good old PS2 games like the Persona series. Are there any good Xbox games out there that are worth anything?

At the Broad Street FYE in Philadelphia:

Dead to Rights PH (Xbox): $2.50
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (Xbox): $2.50
Slipheed: The Lost Planet (PS2): Labeled as $42.99 in the PS2 clearance bin, rang up as $5.00
Baten Kaitos Origins (GameCube): $5.00
Virtua Quest (GameCube): $5.00. Bought under the presumption that it was rare and valuable...seems I was half right. :/

There were three boxes in the upper level holding what was left of this summer's PC game liquidation, but the games (shovelware, EverQuest expansion packs, and Shadowrun) rang up as full price.

Picked up Playboy: The Mansion (XB) for $5.

It seems the discounted price only shows up when they scan the game at the register (no price override required). The game scanned for $19.99 at the self scanner on the floor, but $5 at the register. Also, the store signage said 50% off not 75% off, even though it scanned for 75% off.

Did anyone's store lower the discount to 50% after it had been at 75%? I bought a GBA game a few weeks ago at 75% off. I go back to the same store today and pick up another GBA game. This time it rings up for 50% off not 75% off. I asked the cashier about it and he said they changed the promotion back to 50% off. I'm wondering if this is at all FYE's or only this particular store.

Picked up Halo 3 Collectors edition that tin Box thing for $10 new sealed.

I thought its time to give Halo 3 another go.

with all the new Patches and Voice chat, and about 7 new maps

watching all the extra behind the scenes content was fun also

Had some really cheap finds at an FYE last night. Games still rang up at 50% off rather than 75% off, but they were so cheap I didn't really care.

Trouballs (GBC) - $2.44
Cyber Tiger (GBC) - $0.44
Cardinal Syn (PSX) - $0.44
Action Man: Operation Extreme (PSX) - $0.44
MLF (Mobile Light Force) (PSX) - $0.44
V.I.P. (PSX) - $0.44
Pipe Dreams 3D (PSX) - $0.88

The signs in front of my FYE say 75% off. When you go into the store the sign near the games says up to 50% off. :roll:

There are big color signs at the front of the store that say "Up to 75% off" but the discount has dropped back down to 50%. It was 75% a few weeks ago when this thread was updated.

If it goes back to 75%, I may have to make a drive to an out-of-town FYE, cos they had a bunch of Mega Man Battle Network games, but I didn't want to pay $10 ea for them.

I DID however picked up a copy of Mega Man Zero 3 at $9.00 yesterday (50%+10% backstage pass). It came in from a shipment from another closed store. I have not seen a new copy of this game in YEARS.

Also, my new thread on marked down PS2 games at FYE should be of interest to everyone here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212482

damn. i really need to take the drive up to the FYE that sells games. Ive been holding it off b/c its about 40 minutes away.... but i should go see what kinda deals i can snag

too bad my local FYE doesnt sell games.. :(

[quote name='the_grimace']damn. i really need to take the drive up to the FYE that sells games. Ive been holding it off b/c its about 40 minutes away.... but i should go see what kinda deals i can snag

too bad my local FYE doesnt sell games.. :([/quote]

You should really call and ask them what's up before you drive that far.

FYE at my store is only at 50%. And 90% of the GC/GBA games made 10 years ago are all marked at $49.99. What a rip, the title of this thread needs to be changed...because the FYE I was at said the games were never marked at 75%.

[quote name='cranguy']I DID however picked up a copy of Mega Man Zero 3 at $9.00 yesterday (50%+10% backstage pass). It came in from a shipment from another closed store. I have not seen a new copy of this game in YEARS.[/QUOTE]

Awesome find - one of the best Megaman games ever put out.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. :roll:

[quote name='DJ_Mo']FYE at my store is only at 50%. And 90% of the GC/GBA games made 10 years ago are all marked at $49.99. What a rip, the title of this thread needs to be changed...because the FYE I was at said the games were never marked at 75%.[/quote]

bread's done
Back