Prey - Collector's Edition(X360) 29.99 @ TRU.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the collector's edition at my local TRU here in Glendale, California yesterday for $29.99. They had one copy of the LE version left if anyone is interested.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a universal drop. I picked it up at Best Buy this past Friday for $29.99 as well. Unfortunately, I wish I would have picked up the regular version instead, because the way they have the disc in the tin really, REALLY sucks.

[quote name='Karyyk']I'm starting to wonder if this is a universal drop. I picked it up at Best Buy this past Friday for $29.99 as well. Unfortunately, I wish I would have picked up the regular version instead, because the way they have the disc in the tin really, REALLY sucks.[/quote]I don't know if your complaint is the spindle the disc is on or if it's having to remove everything else, because if it's the latter, you can get the disc out by opening the back of the tin case instead of the front. I felt like an idiot when I realized that could be done. :lol:

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Is Prey any good?[/quote]Yeah prey is pretty cool, if you ever played Quake 4, it looks like that sort of. In this game you get different types of alien weaponry and you can climb up some walls which have little rail thingies. Also you don't die but you are sent to the spirit world where you must kill little things to respawn. Pretty good game.

I loved the health/life set up in this game. It kept me in the game instead of constantly reloading and going back to checkpoints.

I heard this one is good for those who normally are not very skilled at FPS's because it can be easy to play.

[quote name='Enternal']This is also at FYE for the same price[/QUOTE]

Dammit! I was just there and they had a copy, but I didn't have it price checked! Time to go back I guess. =(

It is a pretty week "collector's edition". I mean who is really collecting this? COmes with a couple bonuses but nothing that great. At least now they are the same price. I don't like publishes using this as a way to jack the price up $10 for no real reason.

[quote name='bingbangboom']It is a pretty week "collector's edition". I mean who is really collecting this? COmes with a couple bonuses but nothing that great. At least now they are the same price. I don't like publishes using this as a way to jack the price up $10 for no real reason.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I agree most collectors editions aren't worth the extra $10...it costs the devs almost nothing to produce them ($1-2 at most) and they yield a free $8-9 profit.

[quote name='jPoD']I love metal tin cases.[/QUOTE]

I would like them except that most don't fit on a DVD shelving unit. If they all were like Halo 2 or PDZ collector metal cases it would be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back