Prey PC - $14.99 @ Fry's, $9.99 @ Best Buy, CE for $14.99 (AC) @ Best Buy

CZroe

CAGiversary!
I noticed that Best Buy dropped the price of Prey to $9.99 a week or two ago. It's stickered, so it's likely permanent. Fry's has it advertised for $14.99 this week, so before you all rush out and grab it there, I figured it was time to bring the Best Buy deal to your attention.

I grabbed the Collector's Edition at Best Buy when it dropped to $19.99 early this year and the preorder bonus figurine for $0.01. I used the Gamer's Gift Card coupon to make that $14.99 + $0.01, but even though the GGC is long gone, you can still do this with the newer World of Warcraft gift card coupon ($5 any PC game $19.99 and up). That's better than the Fry's deal too. Good luck finding the preorder bonus though... my local BB's carted off loads of them the next week and I haven't seen them anywhere since.

Oh, and FWIW, this is one of the few retail games you can register on Steam. It plays just fine without registering too, but it sure came in handy when all I could find was my CD-key! Pretty much only classic valve games work this way with Steam (register key w/ Steam for Steam download/disc-less play). None of the other stand-alone games available at retail and on Steam can be done this way (stuff like Half-Life 2 and SiN: Episodes are Steam-only, not "stand-alone").

I remember finding mine at Target for $4.98 but that was a few months ago and very ymmv at this point as it was on clearance.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Great deal.

Is there a link to this WOW coupon? If so I'll go for the CE.[/QUOTE]
It's on a paper-backed hanging gift card (not the plastic cased kind). Unlike the old Gamer's Gift Card, every store I've seen has tons of them. They are usually at the end-caps in the PC section or at the checkout lines.

[quote name='CZroe']It's on a paper-backed hanging gift card (not the plastic cased kind). Unlike the old Gamer's Gift Card, every store I've seen has tons of them. They are usually at the end-caps in the PC section or at the checkout lines.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll look for these tomorrow when I head to BB. Good replacement for the GamePro coupons on PC games.

bread's done
Back