Price Adjustments At Target?

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if Target does price adjustments? I bought a CD less than a week ago, and now it's on sale (by $2 less). Would they give me the difference? I was thinking about picking up a GH , PC or PH game that is at the $14.77 sale price, and if Target does price adjustments, I could knock off a couple of dollars. I still have the recipt and the ad, I'm just wondering if they would give me the difference (like Circuit City). Thanks for your help!

it's store policy to. within 2 weeks, if anything you bought goes on sale or drops in price, they should adjust for you, provided that you have the receipt.

they don't, however, do it for clearance, which is weird.

Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

The other solution would be to buy the CD at the lower price and return the old one. I had to do that when MGS:TS dropped to $17.99 and I had bought it for more, outside 2 weeks but within the return period.

[quote name='shrike4242']Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

The other solution would be to buy the CD at the lower price and return the old one. I had to do that when MGS:TS dropped to $17.99 and I had bought it for more, outside 2 weeks but within the return period.[/quote]

Damn, I was just about to say that. Make sure that when you return the new item you use your old receipt with the higher price.

Target will give you an adjustment if the item goes on sale within two weeks in the ad. They do not adjust prices if the item goes on price cut or clearance. If the item goes on sale within those 2 weeks you have until your reciept expires to claim the adjustment BUT if the adjustment is not for an item that is currently in the ad, bring the ad with you. Their system will usually not have the sale price from previous weeks and the clerk has to key it in.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I believe if the game you have is a defect they will refund the money as the sale price also during the week also.[/quote]

During the week of the sale, if you exchange a "defective" game for the same one you will be given the price difference if you have a valid reciept. Is that what you were shooting for?

[quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='shrike4242']Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

The other solution would be to buy the CD at the lower price and return the old one. I had to do that when MGS:TS dropped to $17.99 and I had bought it for more, outside 2 weeks but within the return period.[/quote]

Damn, I was just about to say that. Make sure that when you return the new item you use your old receipt with the higher price.[/quote]

I asked them the very question when I bought MGS:TTS with a raincheck, for $22-something. Asked them if they'd lower it down to $17.99, since it was their own price. The resounding answer: "We don't do price matches".

Damn glad their return period is so damn long.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='shrike4242']Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

Damn, I was just about to say that. Make sure that when you return the new item you use your old receipt with the higher price.[/quote]

I asked them the very question when I bought MGS:TTS with a raincheck, for $22-something. Asked them if they'd lower it down to $17.99, since it was their own price. The resounding answer: "We don't do price matches".

Damn glad their return period is so damn long.[/quote]

Now I'm curious how you worded it. Did you ask for a price match or an adjustment? Target does not price match. They do, however, offer adjustment if an item you purchase is put on sale (by Target) within two weeks of purchase. You may have just screwed yourself by using the wrong terminology when dealing with a clerk who just didn't care enough to correct you or find what you really wanted.

[quote name='AtlusParker'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='shrike4242']Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

Now I'm curious how you worded it. Did you ask for a price match or an adjustment? Target does not price match. They do, however, offer adjustment if an item you purchase is put on sale (by Target) within two weeks of purchase. You may have just screwed yourself by using the wrong terminology when dealing with a clerk who just didn't care enough to correct you or find what you really wanted.[/quote]

I used the term "price match", though pointed out to them that it was their own price that dropped, so they should adjust it. Which is when I found out about the two week "loophole" in their policy that has them do price adjustments for their own stuff. As it was outside two weeks, but within 30 days, I thought they might do something.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='AtlusParker'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='shrike4242']Target will normally only PM their own prices, in that 2 week timeframe. If someone else has it at a lower price, you're stiffed.

Now I'm curious how you worded it. Did you ask for a price match or an adjustment? Target does not price match. They do, however, offer adjustment if an item you purchase is put on sale (by Target) within two weeks of purchase. You may have just screwed yourself by using the wrong terminology when dealing with a clerk who just didn't care enough to correct you or find what you really wanted.[/quote]

I used the term "price match", though pointed out to them that it was their own price that dropped, so they should adjust it. Which is when I found out about the two week "loophole" in their policy that has them do price adjustments for their own stuff. As it was outside two weeks, but within 30 days, I thought they might do something.[/quote]

Price matches only happen on items that are advertised. It sounds like you were out of luck in this situation as MGS:TTS was not an advertised price, just a price cut. At this point your only option (with a valid reciept) is to exchange it for the same title.

bread's done
Back