*Price Change* Halo Reach pre-order 49.99 @ Newegg + free shipping

mrniceguy8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the deal is over. It's currently priced at $49.99 for me now. Good luck to all of you trying to get Amazon to PM.

Damn, glad I texted my brother about this deal when I did. Ended up getting him the deal like an hour and half before it ended.

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']Not to crap on the OP, but Gamestop/Amazon have a recon helmet with preorder, and I bet you could probably sell it on eBay and cover the cost of the game and then some. That's my plan, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much plan on report the deal to Amazon and see if they don't drop their preorder price to 49.99... ;)

[quote name='usmasters']I thought what the heck and sent off an email to Amazon about my pre-order.
Got a really wordy reply detailing their policy of not PM'ing, but right at the bottom what did I read...

Hello,

Amazon doesn’t offer a price match guarantee. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we can't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

The price and availability of the items offered on our website are subject to change.

Your shopping cart will always reflect the most recent price and availability for an item, as displayed on the item's product detail page. The current price and availability of an item in your cart may differ from the price and availability that you saw when you first placed it in your cart. It is also possible that an item's price may decrease between the time you place it in your cart and the time you purchase it.

Some discounts are limited-time offers. Also, as the discount we are able to offer for any item is dependent upon its availability, Amazon.com's price will necessarily change on occasion.

Also, there may be times when Amazon.com runs out of stock of an item that is also offered by one of our partner merchants. When this happens, the item will be deleted from your shopping cart. You may see it displayed on our website as available, but from a different seller and with a different price than you saw previously. Our merchants set their own prices and availability.

We verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and I've reduced the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

WOO HOO! Thanks OP!

[/QUOTE]
In order to get that response, did you already have Halo: Reach preordered from them or in your cart?

[quote name='nflsonic']In order to get that response, did you already have Halo: Reach preordered from them or in your cart?[/QUOTE]

When I emailed them I didn't have halo reach preordered (I still don't actually, will eventually). I basically said that I want to buy the game from Amazon but I can't ignore a $15 price difference, and I didn't bring up the $20 credit either...best to leave that out to bolster your argument. The customer service rep who handled my email then gave me a $15 credit as, I guess, an incentive to stay with Amazon.

It probably varies by which rep you get. Like the poster above said he got the $15 discount but it seems like he has to purchase the game to get the discount, instead of just getting a credit like I did.

bread's done
Back