Price Drops and EB

doasinfinity67

CAG Veteran
So I bought a game, new, opened it and played it for a little bit... A week later, and now it's on sale for $40 from the original $65 I paid at EB last week.

So I'm assuming EB doesn't have any sort of price protection or anything and I'm gonna have to suck this one up?...

Yakuza 3 is great though, I guess =/

[quote name='bdavid81']Buy a new copy at Future Shop/Best Buy, pricematch to EB Same price... return that one with EB receipt. Done.[/QUOTE]

If he/she opened up the game then how could they return it for a full refund now? Its like when you buy anything it can drop in price the next day and there is nothing you can do about it (with the PS3 Slim being a different matter).

It sucks yes but games (minus Nintendo first party titles) are bound to drop in price sooner or later.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']If he/she opened up the game then how could they return it for a full refund now? Its like when you buy anything it can drop in price the next day and there is nothing you can do about it (with the PS3 Slim being a different matter).

It sucks yes but games (minus Nintendo first party titles) are bound to drop in price sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

I think you should read his post again. He won't be returning an opened game.

it's returning the new sealed FS copy

rule of thumb: if it's full/launch price for a few months, dont buy / if it's sitting at some price like $40 for a few months, dont buy

Unless things have changed since when I worked there, you can get price protect within their regular return policy period. (I think that it's 7 days for new games?)

[quote name='SamuraiSmurfette']Unless things have changed since when I worked there, you can get price protect within their regular return policy period. (I think that it's 7 days for new games?)[/QUOTE]

I've heard that at my store recently. Seven days seems to be the time period. Not sure whether or not that's chainwide though.

[quote name='Median']I've heard that at my store recently. Seven days seems to be the time period. Not sure whether or not that's chainwide though.[/QUOTE]

YMMV policies. Gotta love EB xD

[quote name='kn00tcn']it's returning the new sealed FS copy

rule of thumb: if it's full/launch price for a few months, dont buy / if it's sitting at some price like $40 for a few months, dont buy[/QUOTE]
How come I've never thought of that before? Great idea!

It does seem to be on the edge of being immoral though. I guess as long as no one is loosing money it's okay, right? :whistle2:# As long as it's a game that doesn't have any store based exclusive content anyway.

bread's done
Back