Price drops at BLOCKBUSTER - makes BOGO 50% off even better.

soulwish2003

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Blockbuster video stores in the Melbourne, FL area lowered the prices on almost all of the preplayed games. This makes the 50% off deal pretty sweet (maybe the BEST DEAL EVER!!! (ha ha..)).

Alias is down to 19.99 from 24.99, Nightshade(Sega) down to 16.99 from 22.99, Serious Sam 9.99 from 14.99.

As always, these have a 'Quality Guarantee' and like all of the others I have purchased this year - like new condition with manuals.

yea thay have some cheap games...too bad im picky and dont like those see through plastic cases with no manuals..they had final fantasy x2 for 9.99 among others

If nessisary, ask at the counter for a case for that specific system (they have always gotten these for me), a insert for the case (will likely have), and a manual (they may have).

[quote name='drfrielgood']Everyone who doesn't already own it should pick up Mark of Kri used for $6.99.[/quote]

...is that before or after BOGO50% off? if its before im heading there after work. i love that game.

I think I'm going to go pick up Nightshade and Legacy of Kain: Defiance together, since they're both $17 used. Walking out with both for slightly more than $25 is a bit tough to pass up. And plus, I loved Shinobi and Blood Omen 2, so I've been looking forward to getting both. :)

My Blockbuster (Urbana, IL) is running a deal this weekend where all preowned games are $24.99 or less. This combines with the "Buy 1 Get 1 half-off". So I got The Suffering (PS2) and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox), both marked at $39.99, for about $40 total after tax

Count yourselves lucky to have a Blockbuster that has decent games. My nearest BB has a dozen copies of some weird soccer game, and a bunch of kiddie games. Maybe a copy of The Hulk for PS2 and various other garbage. Nothing even worth looking at.

FFX-2 was 32
SC2 was 14

I wish ffx-2 would have been 10. I guess I'll go back in a few days. Not all th e prices at mine were updated.

ahhhh, BlockBuster exclusives. Gotta love em :p

I'll probably give this a looksee before seeing Spidey2 :)

[quote name='JAMMR']
weird soccer game
Freestyle Street Soccer... it isn't just weird, it's a Blockbuster exclusive! :p[/quote]

And the weirdest part, is that even though the cover says it is a Blockbuster exclusive, EB sells it new.

Well heck, if a game can be Xbox exclusive and then come out on the PS2 a few months later, I don't see why Blockbuster couldn't have an exclusive game that eventually gets sold somewhere else.

I doubt seriously if ALL games are $24.99 in every store. Maybe at selected locales where they have too many spare copies...

[quote name='darkhunter']Anyone know the current prices on Ratchet & Clank 2, Rise to Honor, and Jak 2 ?? All were marked $32.99 last I was in (last week)[/quote]
the bestbuys here (4 ) dont sell used games.....they had like 10 at the most at each store....including SNES and ps1 games, although they did have mark of kri for 9.99....but no mention of 50% off..................is gamerush affiliated w/ BB?.............we dont have any game rushes here :( ...........oh well.....ill keep trying to find some good cheap games...cause im broke....but i LOVE my games damnit!!

[quote name='juggalo13'][quote name='darkhunter']Anyone know the current prices on Ratchet & Clank 2, Rise to Honor, and Jak 2 ?? All were marked $32.99 last I was in (last week)[/quote]
the bestbuys here (4 ) dont sell used games.....they had like 10 at the most at each store....including SNES and ps1 games, although they did have mark of kri for 9.99....but no mention of 50% off..................is gamerush affiliated w/ BB?.............we dont have any game rushes here :( ...........oh well.....ill keep trying to find some good cheap games...cause im broke....but i LOVE my games damnit!![/quote]

blockbuster not best buy

"is gamerush affiliated w/ BB?"

Yes, in select markets only at this time. gamerush.com for locations

[quote name='darkhunter']Anyone know the current prices on Ratchet & Clank 2, Rise to Honor, and Jak 2 ?? All were marked $32.99 last I was in (last week)[/quote]

mine had ratchet & clank for 29.99, ff x-2 for either 32.99 or 39.99 depending on which identical yet priced different box you took up. only decent deal was alot of max payne 2 for 12.99

[quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='Wshakspear']Mark of Kri IS 6.99. All of them were marked 12.99...tthis game is so fun :)[/quote]

Whats this game about :?:[/quote]

Time of peace about to end, Small city, Big guy training, big guy kicking ass...wonderful art direction and lots of blood.

Also, you can fight up to 3 people at one time, and anyone else that gets in the way of you sword.

[quote name='soulwish2003']The Blockbuster video stores in the Melbourne, FL area lowered the prices on almost all of the preplayed games. This makes the 50% off deal pretty sweet (maybe the BEST DEAL EVER!!! (ha ha..)).

Alias is down to 19.99 from 24.99, Nightshade(Sega) down to 16.99 from 22.99, Serious Sam 9.99 from 14.99.

As always, these have a 'Quality Guarantee' and like all of the others I have purchased this year - like new condition with manuals.[/quote]

Cool to see somebody from around my area here (I'm in Palm Bay)....I will probably check this one out my store has some decent games.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='Wshakspear']Mark of Kri IS 6.99. All of them were marked 12.99...tthis game is so fun :)[/quote]

Time of peace about to end, Small city, Big guy training, big guy kicking ass...wonderful art direction and lots of blood.

Also, you can fight up to 3 people at one time, and anyone else that gets in the way of you sword.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I heard about this, its supposed to be good. Theres a sequal coming out sometime too.

Yep, sequel with a female lead, takes place 10 years in the past and 10 years in the future and you can lock on up to 9 people

sounds like an interesting game...has anybody else seen any good deals at Gamerush...i'm going tonight to check it out just lookin for a heads up

I saw Final Fantasy III for SNES... $34.99 (down from the labeled $36.99). Sad thing is that they purchase all SNES games for 50 cents, meaning some poor sap sold a good condition FF3 for about 2% of its secondary value.

[quote name='JAMMR']I saw Final Fantasy III for SNES... $34.99 (down from the labeled $36.99). Sad thing is that they purchase all SNES games for 50 cents, meaning some poor sap sold a good condition FF3 for about 2% of its secondary value.[/quote]

wow..that is really sad..a great game and he prob. got nothing for it....if my old games didn't get stolen there would be no way in hell i would sell that cart

actually, they might have had it from a previous blockbuster. I know when one of the GR's opened up near me they had FFIII AND Chrono.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='Wshakspear']Mark of Kri IS 6.99. All of them were marked 12.99...tthis game is so fun :)[/quote]

Also, you can fight up to 3 people at one time, and anyone else that gets in the way of you sword.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I heard about this, its supposed to be good. Theres a sequal coming out sometime too.[/quote]

i saw it in GI mag........didnt even know it was a sequal to mark of kri until i read on a bit.....it looks awesome btw.....and the name bears NO resemblance to the original (its a longer name and didnt have "mark: or "kri" in the name........it looked so diiferent as well).....so keep your eyes peeled for a cool looking game w/ the same artistic style..........and the main feature was an online/mp co-op mode that was unbelievable if it really ends up like they say!!

p.s.....i did mean blockbuster, sorry for putting bestbuy - i had looked at the little popup that appears when the BB is typed....and drugs have stolen any of my braincells that were rsponsible for memory ....but ive been in recovery for almost 1 1/2 years and i have VG to thank...so maybe ill get some sense back one day...........(and its not as bad as it sounds - i really was trying to be funny, then saw how it looked when i read back over it....and instead of erasing it im still typing ...so hell i dont know)!

bread's done
Back